I need help choosing headphones

16 replies
Found 31st Jan
I like bass. I already have cheap denon bass boosted headphones but they aren't that clear now I've been looking at either the skullcandy crushers, Sony mdr xb950bt or beats studio wireless (refurbished for beats though) want to spend £100 but willing to spend £150 which ones should I go for? or any other recommendations?

thanks in advance

15 Comments

Stay away from beats, they are overpriced crap.

Have a look here reddit.com/r/h…es/

Go into a shop and test them it's all down to personal taste and if you have any underlying hearing problems I personally wouldn't touch beats your paying for the brand not the actual technical capabilities of the headphones imo anyway

Original Poster

I've tested the Sony xb950bt and loved them but don't know where to test the skullcandy crushers

Original Poster

dafunq

Go into a shop and test them it's all down to personal taste and if you … Go into a shop and test them it's all down to personal taste and if you have any underlying hearing problems I personally wouldn't touch beats your paying for the brand not the actual technical capabilities of the headphones imo anyway

​tested the Sony xb950bt and loved them but the beats studio wireless seemed good too

Original Poster

gooner03

Similar to xb950 but cheaper: … Similar to xb950 but cheaper: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01CYL90EY/?tag=ho01f-21

​nah but thanks for the recommendation

km16kmc

​tested the Sony xb950bt and loved them but the beats studio wireless s … ​tested the Sony xb950bt and loved them but the beats studio wireless seemed good too

​like I said it's down to personal taste and your own hearing abilities! i've got sennheiser hd25s which imo are the best I tested for comfort overall capabilities and fit

Original Poster

dafunq

​like I said it's down to personal taste and your own hearing abilities! i … ​like I said it's down to personal taste and your own hearing abilities! i've got sennheiser hd25s which imo are the best I tested for comfort overall capabilities and fit

​have they got bass?

km16kmc

​have they got bass?

Most will deliever good deep Bass but it depends on the device driving them. Are you using a headphone Amp, running from a standard headphone out or just wireless ?

km16kmc

​have they got bass?

​They're good all rounders you'd have to try out a pair or try out some v moda crossfades or kefs m400s which do boost bass sounds

dafunq

​They're good all rounders you'd have to try out a pair or try out some v … ​They're good all rounders you'd have to try out a pair or try out some v moda crossfades or kefs m400s which do boost bass sounds

​forgot to add they don't but as already stated depending on device your using them with you can adjust the bass levels

Original Poster

dafunq

​forgot to add they don't but as already stated depending on device your u … ​forgot to add they don't but as already stated depending on device your using them with you can adjust the bass levels

​v moda crossfades are below £150????

Original Poster

dafunq

​forgot to add they don't but as already stated depending on device your u … ​forgot to add they don't but as already stated depending on device your using them with you can adjust the bass levels

​v moda crossfades are below £150????

Look into ATH M50's. You can get them for around the £100 mark now.
Good sounds and good bass from them.
A good amp or DAC will help as well

Original Poster

ath m50s are studio monitor headphones though
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition57586
    2. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!44
    3. Free money and competition entry @ Circle813
    4. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums22