Expired

i need help finding a car part please

Found 5th Jun 2014
I own a 2003 Honda civic type r (ep3)

I have just run a diagnostic on my car, as the emi light is on.
It has come back with a p1298 fault, which is an Electric Load Detector (ELD)

The part number is "38255-S5A-003"

but I can only find one website which has it for £55 (not sure on shipping)
but I have seen loads of American sites selling for around $25, which should be less than £20.

Does anyone know anywhere I may be able to find this? I will check local garage sometime this weekend, but thought I'd see if anyone knows anything on here 1st, as it looks relatively easy to replace on my own.
Community Updates
14 Comments
cheapest would be ebay - or ep3 forum - find someone breaking a similar car.
mas99

cheapest would be ebay - or ep3 forum - find someone breaking a similar … cheapest would be ebay - or ep3 forum - find someone breaking a similar car.

good advice, i suppose part wont be guaranteed, but if i can get it cheap enough, worth a shot
Try an Honda dealer
shauneco

Try an Honda dealer

last resort mate, don't think id get a second mortgage :P
coullgfx

last resort mate, don't think id get a second mortgage :P

Generally they are very expensive but its worth a chack cuz sometimes they can be cheap. Worth a shot.
Certain items for my car have often been cheaper from the dealer than sourcing elsewhere.!!!.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-GENUINE-HONDA-ELD-ELECTRONIC-LOAD-DETECTOR-UNIT-38255-S5A-003-/301035119681?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4617176441

I think this is the part you need, its on eBay but comes from an American Honda part dealer with great feedback.
It works out to approx £24 including tracked delivery
Sandy1012

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-GENUINE-HONDA-ELD-ELECTRONIC-LOAD-DETECTOR-UNIT-38255-S5A-003-/301035119681?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4617176441I think this is the part you need, its on eBay but comes from an American Honda part dealer with great feedback.It works out to approx £24 including tracked delivery

Thanks, I already seen it last night, will get hit for import and vat charges as well though. I have it on watch it page, for if I can't find a competitive uk supplier. Thanks though
I think it will be just fine, for the fact they actually state 'No additional import charges on delivery' and feedback is usually a good indicator as international customers always complain when they have been stung with extra charges.
Also you can always ask the seller first to put your mind at ease. Its not worth them lying to you they will tell the truth.
Sandy1012

I think it will be just fine, for the fact they actually state 'No … I think it will be just fine, for the fact they actually state 'No additional import charges on delivery' and feedback is usually a good indicator as international customers always complain when they have been stung with extra charges. Also you can always ask the seller first to put your mind at ease. Its not worth them lying to you they will tell the truth.

Good idea, I am going to go to garage later, and enquire there first, would like it as soon as, but if too expensive, I will contact this guy tonight
op are you seriously saying you would rather be without your car for a couple of weeks than spend a few quid more buying the part locally tomorrow oO X)
whatsThePoint

op are you seriously saying you would rather be without your car for a … op are you seriously saying you would rather be without your car for a couple of weeks than spend a few quid more buying the part locally tomorrow oO X)

can still use it, just a little more taxing on fuel consumption, and I am a little stubborn when it comes to buying things, if I feel someone is ripping me off, I will point blank refuse to buy from them lol
coullgfx

can still use it, just a little more taxing on fuel consumption, and I am … can still use it, just a little more taxing on fuel consumption, and I am a little stubborn when it comes to buying things, if I feel someone is ripping me off, I will point blank refuse to buy from them lol

so your happy to lose a few pence per mile running it as is even if that ends up exceeding any saving on importing the part
did you also work out the cost of running a spares department in the US and overall profits made against that in the UK before deciding you were being ripped off by the cost charged here?

whatsThePoint

so your happy to lose a few pence per mile running it as is even if that … so your happy to lose a few pence per mile running it as is even if that ends up exceeding any saving on importing the part :|did you also work out the cost of running a spares department in the US and overall profits made against that in the UK before deciding you were being ripped off by the cost charged here?

pretty much yep
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants