I need some advice on hoarding

Posted 6th Mar
Apparently we need to start hoarding stuff but I've never done this before so I'm not sure where to start. I've started a list:

orange jaffa cakes
lime jaffa cakes
erm...

and don't say there's no need. The supermarkets themselves aren't sure they can maintain constant supply despite the government's reassurance.

bbc.co.uk/new…184
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
You may have to ditch the 50 rolls of toilet rolls & the keg size sanitiser to get these in your trolley 🛒 but for starters I'd go for Tunnocks tea cakes & tunnocks wafer biscuits & pickled onion monster munch.
I’m simply looking forward to two weeks off work
People panic buyi make is harder for everyone!
On average 5 people a day die on British roads.

Think I'll write to my MP and suggest we should never leave the house.
34 Comments
If it wasn’t for the private sector we’d be queuing for government gruel

+ Bleach, hand sanitizer and toilet rolls
If you know anyone with a newborn
Baby powder, nappies, wipes and sudocrem
Edited by: "whatyadoinsucka" 6th Mar
At least you didn’t mention Terry’s Chocolate Orange............ ooops! 🤫
You may have to ditch the 50 rolls of toilet rolls & the keg size sanitiser to get these in your trolley 🛒 but for starters I'd go for Tunnocks tea cakes & tunnocks wafer biscuits & pickled onion monster munch.
I'm trying to hoard my cellular internet data but it's so difficult on my unlimited plan.
whatyadoinsucka06/03/2020 17:14

If it wasn’t for the private sector we’d be queuing for government gruel+ B …If it wasn’t for the private sector we’d be queuing for government gruel+ Bleach, hand sanitizer and toilet rolls If you know anyone with a newborn Baby powder, nappies, wipes and sudocrem

Not much chance of finding hand sanitizer. I've looking in literally two shops and the shelves were cleared. Even the dettol antibacterial spray was all gone.
richp06/03/2020 17:24

You may have to ditch the 50 rolls of toilet rolls & the keg size …You may have to ditch the 50 rolls of toilet rolls & the keg size sanitiser to get these in your trolley 🛒 but for starters I'd go for Tunnocks tea cakes & tunnocks wafer biscuits & pickled onion monster munch.

We won't need the toilet paper if we've got nothing to eat. The Tunnocks teacakes are nice though. I'll add them to the list.
OP, perfect, you gotta the right foods: "orange jaffa cakes, lime jaffa cakes"

You can eat a ton of that in a month with hardly any poo, and no need to wash hands as you no poo.
Edited by: "splender" 6th Mar
nadhaw06/03/2020 17:46

To panic buy?

The way I see it if this virus will kill me chances are the flu will too, so I'll just stay away from old people I like in case I'm a carrier and wait for it all to blow over.
and don't say there's no need. The supermarkets themselves aren't sure they can maintain constant supply despite the government's reassurance.”

That isn’t what the article says at all.

The executive added: "While I think people don't need to panic buy and should just shop normally, I'm not sure the government can guarantee all food supply in all instances."

There was no suggestion that there were food shortages, but people bringing forward some purchases was creating logistical challenges, he said.

and...

The British Retail Consortium, which represents supermarkets, said there had been only limited disruption to supply chains so far and availability of products on shelves remained good.

In other words, the current shortages are caused by the panic buyers. So people should stop.
tek-monkey06/03/2020 17:49

To panic buy?The way I see it if this virus will kill me chances are the …To panic buy?The way I see it if this virus will kill me chances are the flu will too, so I'll just stay away from old people I like in case I'm a carrier and wait for it all to blow over.

40055973-BlVv2.jpg
Beer and pizza and I’m sorted
I’m simply looking forward to two weeks off work
Tinned Tuna and Caviar?
hubby says as long as he has his wine he's fine

i got loads of cakes and biscuits as a general rule anyway so i think we will both be fine.
Sun tan cream ?
Twiglets.
Lobster and tacos.
I've started to hoard Dust.
You never know when it will come in handy

I'm currently saving up to make a pillow and mattress set.
radium06/03/2020 17:36

Not much chance of finding hand sanitizer. I've looking in literally two …Not much chance of finding hand sanitizer. I've looking in literally two shops and the shelves were cleared. Even the dettol antibacterial spray was all gone.

I have hospital grade alcohol hand rub for sale £50 a bottle, i bet some people would buy it as well
i only realised today it was all sold out everywhere and i have loads, i deliver it for a living, got tonnes of the stuff in my van.
Going to take a few in my house for safe keeping incase it gets serious lol
tek-monkey06/03/2020 17:49

To panic buy?The way I see it if this virus will kill me chances are the …To panic buy?The way I see it if this virus will kill me chances are the flu will too, so I'll just stay away from old people I like in case I'm a carrier and wait for it all to blow over.

You may be ignorant of this fact. Although the rate of death is low, say 0.2% for your age as a guess. What may hit you is something else:-

"Some people who recovered from severe acute respiratory syndrome (Sars) which swept the world in 2002 to 2003 had long-term respiratory problems as their lungs were permanently damaged. Covid-19 is similar to Sars in some respects, although is much less lethal, so those who have recovered from more serious symptoms may also suffer some long-term effects." Source: Telegraph (and it is probably very easy to verify this with a medical journal or two, for the details).

In the very unlikely event you`had it (or was it modelled as 80% possible!), the next times in catching flu, you may get hit harder as you age inevitably.

Just think for yourself, why do governments take drastic measures, if it were to be just deaths now or similar to seasonal flu?! The toll on future health needs could escalate with damaged lungs even though with recovery. `Mind you, no one really knows how many is "some people".
Edited by: "splender" 6th Mar

Not much chance of finding hand sanitizer. I've looking in literally two …Not much chance of finding hand sanitizer. I've looking in literally two shops and the shelves were cleared. Even the dettol antibacterial spray was all gone.

Primark is full of hand sanitizer
On average 5 people a day die on British roads.

Think I'll write to my MP and suggest we should never leave the house.

As an alternative, just saying, I would carry a bar of soap plus a litre of water in my backpack.
Pineapple jaffa cakes? 🍍
richp06/03/2020 17:24

You may have to ditch the 50 rolls of toilet rolls & the keg size …You may have to ditch the 50 rolls of toilet rolls & the keg size sanitiser to get these in your trolley 🛒 but for starters I'd go for Tunnocks tea cakes & tunnocks wafer biscuits & pickled onion monster munch.

It's got to be Beef Monster Munch
Pasta beans packet noodles
Loudmouthsnook06/03/2020 17:22

At least you didn’t mention Terry’s Chocolate Orange............ ooops! &#x …At least you didn’t mention Terry’s Chocolate Orange............ ooops! 🤫

is there a shortage
nrackham7606/03/2020 19:58

Primark is full of hand sanitizer

Having avoided the cleanliness of Primark for over a decade I'm trying hard to get the contract here, either it has cheap sanitiser, the zoo's are full of sanitiser, or the place is so nasty you need to use sanitiser whilst in there? ...which is it?
maccy1i06/03/2020 22:57

It's got to be Beef Monster Munch

Go on now, go, walk out the door
Just turn around now, your beef monster munch arnt welcome anymore..........
Just been to Costco. They've run out of toilet paper and are rationing it to one bulk pack per customer. I thought jaffa cakes would be hit hardest but obviously I'm wrong.
There's no need to panic - flu has probably already killed more people in the UK this year than the Coronavirus. We can't live in a bubble so pointless trying. All that is needed is lots of hand washing with soap and water and attention to catching any coughs and sneezes. Everything you touch is gonna be tainted in some way so keep washing those hands and getting children to do the same. Many people simply don't and you see them leave toilets, with kids in tow - not washing their hands. These will be the superspreaders. Whilst you're busy stockpiling in the supermarket, the trolley and basket and checkout will all be infected with something anyway. In the Café in Tesco this morning, staff were not wiping down tables after people had left (unless there was a spillage to wipe) so empty tables are not being wiped. Everything with a flat surface will be tainted with something - and eventually corona virus so either live in gloves and hazmat suit or just get on with life - plus ensure more diligent hand washing. Something that will be new to those who already don't.
radium07/03/2020 14:19

Just been to Costco. They've run out of toilet paper and are rationing it …Just been to Costco. They've run out of toilet paper and are rationing it to one bulk pack per customer. I thought jaffa cakes would be hit hardest but obviously I'm wrong.

don't know why people are so worried about toilet paper. hardly the most important thing in a crisis!
richp07/03/2020 13:45

Go on now, go, walk out the doorJust turn around now, your beef monster …Go on now, go, walk out the doorJust turn around now, your beef monster munch arnt welcome anymore..........

Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants