I need to assemble ikea drawers

Found 23rd May
Hey guys.
I’m going to buy a small chest of drawers from IKEA and I don’t think I will be able to assemble it myself..
I can get ikea to do it but they will charge £25 (the item itself is £50) for a small chest of drawers?
Any way I could get it assembled for cheaper ?
Community Updates
AskKnickers
23 Comments
Take it down the pub. Someone will spot you struggling and will help.
Done loads. They're easy. Have you a friend of relative who can help you? They don't take long
Rocket science, I'm kidding it's simple just get a cheap drill and follow the instructions maybe get a friend or family member to do it, but if not I think yes IKEA will assemble.
Ask someone you know to do it for you!
A small chest of drawers, a family member or friend? Invite a friend round for a cuppa, then wait and say "while you're here would you be so kind to help a second" I've never done that
benrobertsno12 m ago

Really. C'mon it has instructions. Does someone put your socks on for you …Really. C'mon it has instructions. Does someone put your socks on for you in the morning.

We always used to joke in our house that we never let my Dad, who had a double First form Oxford, do DIY. Some can. Some can't and its safer for all if they don't.
ccnp2 m ago

We always used to joke in our house that we never let my Dad, who had a …We always used to joke in our house that we never let my Dad, who had a double First form Oxford, do DIY. Some can. Some can't and its safer for all if they don't.

i only used to let my husband help under supervision. He just refused to read the instructions. He was a university lecturer.
Instead of worrying about it, why not buy it and give it a go. Read the instructions carefully, all you normally need is screw driver and hammer (for knocking in dowels gently). If you get stuck FaceTime or video call a family member to ask for advice. It is really easy and if your not confident you just need to try it and when you have succeeded you will feel an immense sense of pride at your creation.
benrobertsno12 h, 2 m ago

Really. C'mon it has instructions. Does someone put your socks on for you …Really. C'mon it has instructions. Does someone put your socks on for you in the morning.

Have you thought the op might have a disability?
ccnp2 h, 18 m ago

We always used to joke in our house that we never let my Dad, who had a …We always used to joke in our house that we never let my Dad, who had a double First form Oxford, do DIY. Some can. Some can't and its safer for all if they don't.

Have a mate like that, so intelligent acclaimed academic, with more degrees than a room full of people, yet with practical stuff he is useless, and or dangerous.

I had to rescue him when his car died, it had no oil in, I asked if the oil warning light had been on and he said "do you mean the red teapot? yeah thats been on for about a month"

He is now banned from any forms of DIY after nearly burning the house down after attempting to fix a squeaky floorboard.
Erm ok guys thanks for the comments. I’m going to buy it and at least attempt it... if I get stuck I will ask for help from you guys Thanks
Merry0007 m ago

Erm ok guys thanks for the comments. I’m going to buy it and at least a …Erm ok guys thanks for the comments. I’m going to buy it and at least attempt it... if I get stuck I will ask for help from you guys Thanks

You'll be fine. They're easy enough to do.
longbowassassin47 m ago

Have you thought the op might have a disability?

Don't buy IKEA furniture then.
Merry00056 m ago

Erm ok guys thanks for the comments. I’m going to buy it and at least a …Erm ok guys thanks for the comments. I’m going to buy it and at least attempt it... if I get stuck I will ask for help from you guys Thanks

Remember youtube it too, seeing how easy it is step by step and you'll be fine
i don't buy flat pack furniture any more, but when i did, i find that reading the instructions make it harder than just trying to work out how everything fits together yourself, like a jigsaw puzzle but much easier. reading the instructions make things far too complicated as they go into a lot of unnecessary details.
mutley119 m ago

i don't buy flat pack furniture any more, but when i did, i find that …i don't buy flat pack furniture any more, but when i did, i find that reading the instructions make it harder than just trying to work out how everything fits together yourself, like a jigsaw puzzle but much easier. reading the instructions make things far too complicated as they go into a lot of unnecessary details.

IKEA instruction are simple to follow pictures my youngest puta Malum bedside unitwhen he was 10 I just sat next to him and watched him.
Merry0001 h, 29 m ago

Edited by: "eslick" 23rd May
Merry0001 h, 51 m ago

Youbcould always search for item video on YouTube, helps loads
Genuine offer here, I will do it if you're local to Manchester.
I'll do it if you're in Bradford
I'll show you how to do it if you aren't confident
If in Portsmouth I can give a helping hand
If in Dundee or surrounding districts I'll help and I'm a lady. Can bring my own tools too.
DKLS11 h, 15 m ago

Have a mate like that, so intelligent acclaimed academic, with more …Have a mate like that, so intelligent acclaimed academic, with more degrees than a room full of people, yet with practical stuff he is useless, and or dangerous.I had to rescue him when his car died, it had no oil in, I asked if the oil warning light had been on and he said "do you mean the red teapot? yeah thats been on for about a month"He is now banned from any forms of DIY after nearly burning the house down after attempting to fix a squeaky floorboard.

Oh my god this is too funny
Final update, guys.
I got the drawers and I assemble them!! It was soooo easy and not confusing at all. I did not make a single mistake. Never thought it’d be this easy.
Thanks a lot for the help!!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions