Expired

I need to find out who lives at a certain address. I am aware of the ability to search the local electoral list, etc. I would like to do it online to save time and travel expense. Has anyone used 192 or similar sites that sell this information.

Found 29th Aug 2014
I know about the land registry too.
Any help appreciated.
Community Updates
12 Comments
I used Google one time to search for a friend and it came up with where they lived and who else lived there, do you know their name or not?
No, I have no idea of the names.
can I ask why? there might be an easier way...
Nothing sinister - I just want to send them a thank you card for some help they gave me
I've used land registry before online, it cost about £8, I used it to prove to the council that I had sold the property and therefore was not liable for the subsequent years council tax, The information showed the new owners names and who the mortgage company was and how much the mortgage was for etc. the info was accurate.
I've never used 192 where you have to pay for an extended search.
Alternatively if you know any other detail about them such as owning a business, you could try finding the name or address at companies house or if they belong to a club you could try looking for membership details online of the club etc... Just ideas?
Why not just send a general thank you card? You don't need to find out a name just give a brief description as to why you are thanking them.
What's the address and maybe we can find for you? Someone may have unused 192 credits or something. :-)
They might think it a bit freaky if you know their name (stalker).
Why not leave it addressed to the Good Samaritan or somesuch?
yeah if you know the address but not the name just send it in general to that address.
Thanks for all your answers.

192. Are a tad expensive.
BT online phone book
Argoj

Why not just send a general thank you card? You don't need to find out a … Why not just send a general thank you card? You don't need to find out a name just give a brief description as to why you are thanking them.

Same - even just knock on their door. No need for a chase to say thank you. It is really nice what you're doing.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants