Groups

i passed my motorcycle test on an automatic, does this mean, i can only drive autos

I checked my licence but can't see anything obvious

29 Comments

Banned

Automatic or semi-automatic transmission

If you pass your test on a motorcycle with automatic or semi-automatic transmission:

it will be recorded on your licence
    your full licence rights will be limited to motorcycles in that category

Original Poster

Strange nothing on plastic or paper licence about it.

Should you not have found out before taking your test 'on an automatic'
    Edited by: "W1zz" 26th Apr 2011

you can even drive buses what that licence as well...

garbage456

Strange nothing on plastic or paper licence about it.

It will be in code. For autos, it's 78.

Its RIDE not drive!!! haha

addjon

Banned

addjon

dont feed the looney!

You are officially qualified to ride a donkey without a saddle... that if you want a sore groin or if a donkey wants you to ride it... That's what the automatic stands for for future reference!

Why would you take your test on an automatic anyway? Saw a guy doing one on a moped when I was on my test last week, what a fool!

Original Poster

W1zz

Should you not have found out before taking your test 'on an automatic'

hindsight is brilliant isnt it

So is foresight.

When you saw the options of auto or manual, didn't you wonder if there was any significance?

Banned

garbage456

I find common sense is even better

Pauladin91

Why would you take your test on an automatic anyway? Saw a guy doing one … Why would you take your test on an automatic anyway? Saw a guy doing one on a moped when I was on my test last week, what a fool!

Why? If your only ever going to drive a automatic why is it daft?

whatsThePoint

Why not do your test on a moped at 16 and carry passangers legally, … Why not do your test on a moped at 16 and carry passangers legally, perhaps the fool is the one who breaks the law

You have to be 17 to take a bike test?
    Edited by: "Pauladin91" 26th Apr 2011

whatsThePoint

bike test yes, moped test no

I think you're referring to a CBT. Link to being able to take a moped test at 16?

EDIT: the above doesn't say about a moped test. It is talking about a CBT with L-Plates and no pillion?
    Edited by: "Pauladin91" 26th Apr 2011

whatsThePoint

Why not do your test on a moped at 16

Because you can't.. until you're 17

Banned

deek72

So is foresight. When you saw the options of auto or manual, didn't you … So is foresight. When you saw the options of auto or manual, didn't you wonder if there was any significance?

common sense out the window time

garbage456

Surely you realised this before though, surely???

If it were the case everyone would be going in for a test on an auto....

whatsThePoint

why do the people on here have so much trouble with english

Multiculturalism

http://www.best-motorcycle-information.com/image-files/moped-licence-routes.gif

whatsThePoint

After all the trouble explaining the simple stuff, its just as well i … After all the trouble explaining the simple stuff, its just as well i didn't mention you can drive a car at 16 here as well

Come on then, let's have it X)

whatsThePoint

deek, you know me, if i say something is true , its true

Hey, I know that, I just wanted to see as I thought I knew pretty much everything when it comes to driving, but if true, that's a new one on me...(unless you mean the disabled 16yo on the higher rate of mobility allowance, obviously ;))

whatsThePoint

well as none of the people who got the easy bit wrong are commenting i'll … well as none of the people who got the easy bit wrong are commenting i'll give you a cluethe key word is "here"

I'll get me coat..........

Original Poster

Mallinersha

Surely you realised this before though, surely???If it were the case … Surely you realised this before though, surely???If it were the case everyone would be going in for a test on an auto....

been driving a 50cc for 2 years (this was about 16 years ago), sold it.

Then 3 years later wanted to take my main test so bought a 125cc (as then that is what you had to pass your test on) pushed it to the training centre, and passed my test.

Only been driving 400-600cc auto's anyway but just realised i passed on an automatic so thought i maybe limited to only that.

Original Poster

csiman

common sense out the window time

there was no paperwork you walk into an school of motoring pay your money for 5 days of lessons and then take your test. simples.

there was no paperwork

Original Poster

Pauladin91

Why would you take your test on an automatic anyway? Saw a guy doing one … Why would you take your test on an automatic anyway? Saw a guy doing one on a moped when I was on my test last week, what a fool!

not really i drive a 600cc scooter top speed 97ish 0-60 in 6 seconds or thereabouts, lots of luggage space, how does that make me a fool?

anyway reported you for unnecessary remarks.

whatsThePoint

Ok now that deek has gone, unlike there where you can only do your moped … Ok now that deek has gone, unlike there where you can only do your moped test at 16, "here" on the isle of man you can do your car test as well

I haven't actually gone. I was waiting outside.
    But it's not exclusive to you lot 'over there' is it, as you can drive at 16 over here in the circumstances I mentioned.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?31141
      2. Find out how good your GP surgery is55
      3. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio711
      4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…6541246

See more discussions