Groups

i phone 6s

should i be wooried about buying second hand i phone that has 2 prong plug in box

8 Comments

I would be more concerned about other factors than the non UK standard plug.

If buying the above I assume you're getting it priced better than elsewhere otherwise you'd be silly not to just opt for UK model.

Original Poster

its second hand

serail number all match up with 6 momths apple care left

how are u buying it. from a shop or private person any phone over 250. and I worry more about someone claim it stolen or blocked for other reasons than a plug.

they can do this anytime they like ur phone gets blocked and they get a free replacement more and more people getting scammed like this.

Original Poster

il pick up from there address. and its £210

so he cant block it because il he round with the police for fraud

ashmac

il pick up from there address. and its £210 so he cant block it because … il pick up from there address. and its £210 so he cant block it because il he round with the police for fraud

Won't make a difference my friend. I went round someone's house and they still did an insurance scam on it. Might be weeks or months away till it gets blocked. Police have bigger fish than someone's phone, they won't investigate.

cossy3

Won't make a difference my friend. I went round someone's house and they … Won't make a difference my friend. I went round someone's house and they still did an insurance scam on it. Might be weeks or months away till it gets blocked. Police have bigger fish than someone's phone, they won't investigate.

Precisely. The police won't touch this, and networks don't care either.

this is a foreign model.
    you can google the model number to see which market it's for
    e.g. techwalls.com/iph…es/
    different countries use different frequencies for various services, one thing you don't want is to not access the super fast internet your network is about to launch in july

I would NEVER recommend getting a used iPhone from anyone other than a VERY trusted friend/family member (and transactions like this often show that trust can be misplaced after it's too late) or from smartfonestore
    there are numerous reasons why - an iPhone may appear OK on initial inspection but can be subject to a range of issues later on - iCloud lock (can be checked at time of purchase), blocking later by network etc (think this isn't so much of an issue when the handset has been taken out of its home nation) and others we may or may not know about. the problem is if it's a stranger, and there is something dodgy, what comeback do you have 5 months later when it goes pear and they've disappeared?

smartfonestore have many checks and a lifetime guarantee against these issues. and are well priced. any price considerably lower than theirs is too good to be true. i heard of them first through this site, have bought from them, and have only ever heard good things about them
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      3. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk66

See more discussions