I Phone 6S Battery Replacement

Found 24th Jan
Hello

The above phone had a cracked screen so i got someone at work to put on a new one and change the battery at the same time. He has done this a number of times before for his children so he knows what he is doing. All works as it should but the battery drains to zero after 6 or 7 hours. He got a replacement battery sent out but it does the same. No apps are running and the software is the latest, clean install / reset etc. I am waiting for a battery from another supplier (genuine Apple battery) to see if the initial batteries were faulty. If it happens again does anybody have any idea why the battery drains from 100% to zero in such a short time?

Thanks for any answers.
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
15 Comments
Apples firmware ruins older models of phone so you are tempted to buy the latest most expensive phone.
Did u pay for the new battery for your 6s
Original Poster
DexMorgan33 m ago

Apples firmware ruins older models of phone so you are tempted to buy the …Apples firmware ruins older models of phone so you are tempted to buy the latest most expensive phone.

I dont use apple myself. This was my sons old phone so i thought i would get it working for my wife who has an old moto something that is about six years old.
Original Poster
dorey6924 m ago

Did u pay for the new battery for your 6s

Yes. The genuine battery has come from a newish iphone6s manufacture date 10/17 (£8). I could not send the phone back to apple for the cheaper battery replacement because of the broken screen.
It sounds non-genuine? How can you be so sure its genuine?
Original Poster
I cannot be 100% sure but it comes from a dealer who breaks downs phones and sells the parts. It also has the apple logo on it that is missing from a lot of the non standard batteries.
Apple will still change the battery for £25, It's an out of warranty fix so broken screen is irrelevant.
DexMorgan4 h, 30 m ago

Apples firmware ruins older models of phone so you are tempted to buy the …Apples firmware ruins older models of phone so you are tempted to buy the latest most expensive phone.

Would you like a sharpening stone for your axe? Nothing to do with the question.

In the setting, look in the battery section to see what is draining the battery. My wife’s phone is quite bad because the screen on time was huge. Turned out the sleep time out was too high.
Oneday779 m ago

Would you like a sharpening stone for your axe? Nothing to do with the …Would you like a sharpening stone for your axe? Nothing to do with the question. In the setting, look in the battery section to see what is draining the battery. My wife’s phone is quite bad because the screen on time was huge. Turned out the sleep time out was too high.

The op asked if anyone had any idea why the battery drains in such a short time.
Would you like some lube for your sharpening stone?
Original Poster
Oneday771 h, 2 m ago

Would you like a sharpening stone for your axe? Nothing to do with the …Would you like a sharpening stone for your axe? Nothing to do with the question. In the setting, look in the battery section to see what is draining the battery. My wife’s phone is quite bad because the screen on time was huge. Turned out the sleep time out was too high.

Nothing at all shows in this section
DexMorgan2 h, 23 m ago

The op asked if anyone had any idea why the battery drains in such a short …The op asked if anyone had any idea why the battery drains in such a short time.Would you like some lube for your sharpening stone?

The firmware has been proven to slow them down. Not rapidly discharge batteries rapidly.
Do you prefer KY or Castrol Magnatec?
Oneday7740 m ago

The firmware has been proven to slow them down. Not rapidly discharge …The firmware has been proven to slow them down. Not rapidly discharge batteries rapidly. Do you prefer KY or Castrol Magnatec?

The firmware slows them down when it detects the battery might be crap, Crap batteries tend to discharge pretty rapidly or erratically, They go hand in hand.
.MUFC.22 h, 15 m ago

Apple will still change the battery for £25, It's an out of warranty fix …Apple will still change the battery for £25, It's an out of warranty fix so broken screen is irrelevant.

Apple usually doesn't touch phones that have been opened by unauthorised third parties, customers themselves included. Even for out of warranty repairs.
33132499-r5INa.jpg
Edited by: "hearts22" 25th Jan
hearts2211 m ago

Apple usually doesn't touch phones that have been opened by unauthorised …Apple usually doesn't touch phones that have been opened by unauthorised third parties, customers themselves included. Even for out of warranty repairs.

Well, I'm taking my daughters iphone 6 for a £25 battery replacement, It's already had a third party battery and screen replacement by myself. I will argue that previously I didn't have the battery changed by them because I couldn't justify the cost and as it's been proven that they deliberately slow them down etc it's only fair that they exchange the battery. Not my fault you can't buy genuine OEM batteries.
Apple have agreed to replace my daughter's battery. Guy said they don't care about mods or breakage they will still replace battery. They used to refuse but have since changed there stance.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants