Groups

I phone vs Htc diamond

I am hoping someone can help me. I am currently on the t mobile network and pay about £25 a month for £180 worth of calls a month. I am thinking of getting a new phone which will act as a PDA,satnav and simple games to play on the train while travelling. I also want the phone to be a touch screen. Does anyone know the best phone and/or network to get. I do not mind changing networks as my contract is nearing its end.The 2 phones above are the ones I am seriously considering even if I have to buy them offline unlocked

20 Comments

Get tge nokia 5800 its well good

i have the xda ignito (touch diamond) and i love it

first ever smartphone and it's great - so many features and, unlike the iphone, you can do loads of things at once, such as text, send an email, read rss feeds, listen to bluetoothed music, surf the net - leave the applications open and just switch between them as you like.

Banned

You can rule out the iPhone from your "wants". It can't run TomTom - and its inbuilt GPS is pretty poor anyway.

However, if you like the styling of the iPhone - get the HTC Touch HD. That does it all (as the Diamond will) but with a much bigger screen.

get the samsung omnia.
    all of htc's offerings plus a fantastic camera!
    i run igo on it no problems. its the dogs proverbials in my opinion

Banned

guv;4782108

You can rule out the iPhone from your "wants". It can't run TomTom - and … You can rule out the iPhone from your "wants". It can't run TomTom - and its inbuilt GPS is pretty poor anyway.However, if you like the styling of the iPhone - get the HTC Touch HD. That does it all (as the Diamond will) but with a much bigger screen.

this... i have the touch HD

Banned

czar.nik;4783968

get the samsung omnia. all of htc's offerings plus a fantastic camera!i … get the samsung omnia. all of htc's offerings plus a fantastic camera!i run igo on it no problems. its the dogs proverbials in my opinion

touch hd has 5.0 MP autofocus too plus bigger screen and better interface with the touch flo

htc cameras arent great because they have no flash.
    thats what made me offload my diamond before the omnia.
    i must admit though that the htc diamond has a better screen than the omnia (probably touch hd does too) but i think the omnias a better all rounder.
    it lasts for two days of light to moderate use too.... the htc diamond only used to last me most (NOT ALL) of one day.

Banned

here is my touch hd
    http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm247/imranmaz/P3300485.jpg
    http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm247/imranmaz/P3300484.jpg

screen size comparison with creative zen vision m:
    http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm247/imranmaz/P3300481.jpg

i get the feeling this is the kind of argument no-ones really going to win haha

Banned

here are some pics taken with the touch hd:

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm247/imranmaz/IMAG0057.jpg

I turned the camera brightness down to capture the smoke of the burning building during the day (chancery lane):
    http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm247/imranmaz/IMAG0051.jpg

Banned

czar.nik;4784345

i get the feeling this is the kind of argument no-ones really going to … i get the feeling this is the kind of argument no-ones really going to win haha

oh dude i wasnt arguing! :thumbsup:

oh you work around chancery lane?
    i live pretty near there!
    didnt realise anything was burning today....

Banned

czar.nik;4784386

oh you work around chancery lane? i live pretty near there!didnt realise … oh you work around chancery lane? i live pretty near there!didnt realise anything was burning today....

i work on fleet street
    telegraph.co.uk/new…tml

Banned

oh btw my battery lasts about 3 to almost 4 days with quite a bit of use and over a week with light use

on my touch diamond the battery lastst between one and two days of fairly heavy use - the trick is, after you use the phone, tap the off button to turn the screen off - saves a stack of battery power as the screen, being such a high resolution, takes a lot of juice.

i was really p'd off with lack of battery strength until i figured this out.

i love my diamond!!

Banned

I got a diamond touch the other day and love it.

Just need to have a look for some good apps later to see what it can really do

Paddy Charlie;4789979

I got a diamond touch the other day and love it.Just need to have a look … I got a diamond touch the other day and love it.Just need to have a look for some good apps later to see what it can really do

i have a touch diamond

i've put a "dirty paper" theme on from zuton i think, which is very nice

i also have bluetooth audio (bt audio) which diverts sound output (podcasts and stuff) to your bluetooth headset - great in my line of work - people think i'm working real hard and i'm just in reality listening to mark kermode or something!

i also have a program (sensorlock) which locks or unlocks the phone by you turning it 360 deg in your hand

i love my touch diamond

Banned

I'm in a similar situation to the OP. I think I'm going to wait until summer though because there are at least 3 phones that are coming.

Palm Pre
    New iPhone
    HTC G2

Banned

op so what are you thinking?

Banned

FilthAndFurry;4791787

I'm in a similar situation to the OP. I think I'm going to wait until … I'm in a similar situation to the OP. I think I'm going to wait until summer though because there are at least 3 phones that are coming.Palm PreNew iPhone HTC G2

There is no new iPhone in the summer, so you can knock that one off your list!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Gaming PC £700 / £800 budget33
      2. What would be a Mario Kart type game for the PS4?11
      3. advice needed on dumbell weight training please11
      4. Looking for a mobile phone with a £300 budget44

See more discussions