Groups

i-pod charger help needed please

My son went to cex to get a plug in charger for his ipod nano and came home with (pictures below) a charger but the hole (?) is not an usb one, has he got the wrong thing or does he need to now buy a lead to go with it, sorry for not managing to be more than a dunce between us hehehe

pictures dont show the plug part

8 Comments

Original Poster

http://i623.photobucket.com/albums/tt320/michelleleemoo/DSC00577.jpg

http://i623.photobucket.com/albums/tt320/michelleleemoo/DSC00578.jpg

Original Poster

dcx_badass;7640434

That's firewire and will only charge the old ones.

so its useless?

Original Poster

dcx_badass;7640448

Obviously yes as I said it only works on the old ones, you can buy a … Obviously yes as I said it only works on the old ones, you can buy a firewire cable anyway if you want it might charge it, I know you can't sync with it.In fact, gimme a min, I'll try test it.

did you not read my disclaimer - sorry for not managing to be more than a dunce between us :cry::cry:

i'll wait for your test

Original Poster

dcx_badass;7640470

Ok I can't test with a mains charger only on a PC, but my nano says: … Ok I can't test with a mains charger only on a PC, but my nano says: "Firewire connections are not supported. To transfer songs, connect the USB cable provided."But as I say dunno if it charges still.

ok thanks, he's not got the lead anyway so guess we sack that off and get the right thing :-( so one more thing dcx what exactly does he need? :oops::oops: dont want to get the wrong thing again

Original Poster

dcx_badass;7640516

A USB charger. Ebay will be the cheapest place, how much did he pay for … A USB charger. Ebay will be the cheapest place, how much did he pay for that?

only £3 :-D

Original Poster

dcx_badass;7640542

Did it come with the rest of it? As in your picture it is missing the … Did it come with the rest of it? As in your picture it is missing the mains connector anyway, that slots on.

no we have that bit :thumbsup:

Original Poster

dcx_badass;7640607

K, well it's a USB one that he wants.

thanks for your help :thumbsup: now...... who wants to buy..............

:giggle::giggle:

Original Poster

dcx_badass;7640845

Can he not return it?

no he tried that and they wouldn't :x guess its only £3 when it applies to us but its more than £3 when its coming out their till :roll:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Are these two things distinctly different to you?1723
      2. Free Sky Sports Day Pass if anyone wants it11
      3. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News99
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?33199

See more discussions