I posted a deal that has been removed

Found 21st Oct 2017
It got to over 250+ votes and I received a message from hotuk deals team to say it has been merged with a previous deal (posted 26th Sept..presumably.) posts have not been merged and neither is now visible - so what's the point ?
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
Hi there @ILIKEBARGAINSME,

I've had a look through your post history and your most recent deal did get some good heat (good find!), but it was a duplicate of a deal already live on the site.

Usually we'd see, action and merge duplicates quicker than this instance - we didn't spot the duplicate for a little while in this instance, so apologies for that.

But if a posted deal is an exact replica of a deal already live (same merchant/price/etc), the newer deal will be merged into the original.

Hope that helps
What shop was it from
Amazon
HutchAW3 m ago

Hi there @ILIKEBARGAINSME,I've had a look through your post history and …Hi there @ILIKEBARGAINSME,I've had a look through your post history and your most recent deal did get some good heat (good find!), but it was a duplicate of a deal already live on the site.Usually we'd see, action and merge duplicates quicker than this instance - we didn't spot the duplicate for a little while in this instance, so apologies for that.But if a posted deal is an exact replica of a deal already live (same merchant/price/etc), the newer deal will be merged into the original.Hope that helps

The older one was a month old - you now cannot find the deal as the last comment on it was October 1st - and not today when I posted mine
Edited by: "ILIKEBARGAINSME" 21st Oct 2017
I class merged - as merging the deal and comments - you didn't merge it! I happen to be a moderator elsewhere and know what merge is
We do often merge threads, but for identical deals, we will often remove the (newer) duplicate and leave the original in situ.

Usually duplicates are captured pretty shortly after them being posted (so nothing to merge in terms of comments), but in this instance, as it'd been live longer than it should have been, it had accumulated comments/heat, etc.
A waste of time posting then - what should we do - resurrect old threads?
It has gone downhill recently this site has in a big way. I don’t look through deals anymore the new layout is offensive to the eyes so this sort of stuff going on doesn’t surprise me.
Jobsworth
I posted a deal a few weeks ago, got slated by some and was 19 degrees after 50 votes. An editor posts the same deal 2 weeks later (with wrong price) and it gets lots of love and 200 degrees (sycophants and brown nosers?). I know people seem to get angry about duplicate deals but I didn't see what difference it makes so didn't throw my toys
HutchAW1 h, 10 m ago

We do often merge threads, but for identical deals, we will often remove …We do often merge threads, but for identical deals, we will often remove the (newer) duplicate and leave the original in situ.Usually duplicates are captured pretty shortly after them being posted (so nothing to merge in terms of comments), but in this instance, as it'd been live longer than it should have been, it had accumulated comments/heat, etc.

What content of the new submission & comments did you merge into the old submission?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants