Groups
    EXPIRED

I purchased a diamond ring on bid up tv a stone has come out none of the jewellers local will repair it. What can l do? It was an expensive ring?

l purchased a diamond ring off the shopping channel bid up tv from a pension fund l cashed in. One of the diamonds has dropped out but none of the workshop jewellers will repair it they say they can't & to refer back to the supplier. Fat chance now l read they have gone into liquidation! What can l do?

9 Comments

How long ago did you purchase? Did you purchase on a credit card?

Glue?

it may be covered by accidental.damage on home insurance but it would have to be very expensive to try this route..

Super glue, simples.

I honestly never understood why people buy from such places. Your best bet at repair is as you have already done, approach several jewelers but ask them why they will not repair it. Other than that then as suggested you might have to do your own repair.

Its sad to say, but it seems originally like a quality issue and if you paid a lot of money for it then you expect it to last without any issues with the gems being lost and falling out. Count yourself lucky that you still have the diamond, which may I add, is a possible reason why Jewelers wont fix it. They would if it was a high categorised diamond however a diamond can also be a splinter from other diamonds that have been cut and this may be the reason. You should ask why they will not repair it for you.

If BidUp-TV has gone bust then you have lost any remedy for repair from them. Its either an insurance job if its covered or a self repair. Your last resort is some high street independent who may fix it for you. Good luck and hope that lessons have been learned!

Send it back as faulty and get a refund. Then use the money to go on a holiday somewhere nice with family, take pics and have happy memories.

Millionvoltage

Send it back as faulty and get a refund. Then use the money to go on a … Send it back as faulty and get a refund. Then use the money to go on a holiday somewhere nice with family, take pics and have happy memories.

She cant send it back, the company is in administration. if she sends it back she will lose it.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How easy is it to get a refund from Halfords?59
      2. Whats a Good VPN to use please?1821
      3. Does anybody have a ( Uni days code) I can use for ( TomTom) please11
      4. Query on retail selling on beer22

See more discussions