Groups

I really like Banksy's work all of a sudden.

I don't know why...

10 Comments

Original Poster

http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/08/entertainment_enl_1204805297/img/1.jpg

:whistling:

http://www.artofthestate.co.uk/photos/Banksy_disney_and_mcdonalds.jpg

Best banksy

A friend bought me a book of his work for Xmas and it's fantastic, great mixture of humour and political comment!

I'm not that keen on art.. but i really like banksy's work too.

he's a sell-out and is now known as TSB Lloyd's Banksy.

anyway, i'm no art expurt or nuffin, but the handpainted Tesco bag surely discounts this as being a proper Banksy? or maybe some wag decided to add/edit something he'd posted?

billyX;1681414

he's a sell-out and is now known as TSB Lloyd's Banksy.anyway, i'm no art … he's a sell-out and is now known as TSB Lloyd's Banksy.anyway, i'm no art expurt or nuffin, but the handpainted Tesco bag surely discounts this as being a proper Banksy? or maybe some wag decided to add/edit something he'd posted?

I think i read somewhere that they think it means all the inflation and power supermarkets are using [rising on a flag pole]

i read somewhere that a lot of owners of buildings have been tryng to sell his art/graffitti for thousands of pounds so he's been going round trying to destroy it! a lot of places have boarding covering it up

donnydude;1681446

i read somewhere that a lot of owners of buildings have been tryng to … i read somewhere that a lot of owners of buildings have been tryng to sell his art/graffitti for thousands of pounds so he's been going round trying to destroy it! a lot of places have boarding covering it up

It' a shame really, because it's not exactly their work, albeit it's their property nontheless.

t0mm;1681422

I think i read somewhere that they think it means all the inflation and … I think i read somewhere that they think it means all the inflation and power supermarkets are using [rising on a flag pole]

now that'd make sense, but such a sudden change in style would be like Francis Bacon sticking a pokemon sticker on one of his pics to note how Japanese style has become influential in the UK.... surely?

Banksy was asked to go and open the new £3million art block at the Foundation School my old man works at last year (Sir William Romney). He declined as 'nobody must know who I am'. even though the school pointed out that he's their most famous ex-pupil of recent times and via the art department, every kid in the school knows bloody well who he is!

I think they're great too. Clever, brilliantly painted, fun, thought-provoking and interesting.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay411
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764330
      3. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48210859
      4. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1325

See more discussions