I received Penalty Charge Notice

Found 13th Jan
Apparently I was in bus lane 22 days ago but according to the picture they've sent me I was clearing in the right lane and you could see that bus lane was on the left side. Also I received the notice today (incident took place 20 december) so I want to find out if i would need to pay as I've heard that they have to send the notice within 14days of the incident, is this true?

Thanks

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
16 Comments

If it shows you clearly not in the lane stat that it’s in black and white that your not in it.

It wasn't in Swindon was it? Saw a few people shooting into the bus lane when I was down there just before Christmas

Original Poster

badger26094 m ago

It wasn't in Swindon was it? Saw a few people shooting into the bus lane …It wasn't in Swindon was it? Saw a few people shooting into the bus lane when I was down there just before Christmas

it was in manchester

xPabloz2 m ago

it was in manchester

Ah ok, there is a bus lane near the outlet shopping village in Swindon that has a bus lane with camera's that seems to catch a lot of people

Original Poster

Liam_1881 h, 22 m ago

If it shows you clearly not in the lane stat that it’s in black and white t …If it shows you clearly not in the lane stat that it’s in black and white that your not in it.

true but making them believe me might prove to be difficult as they can always come up with excuses. also what about them sending a notice after 22 days?

Can you post the pic ?

xPabloz16 m ago

true but making them believe me might prove to be difficult as they can …true but making them believe me might prove to be difficult as they can always come up with excuses. also what about them sending a notice after 22 days?

I think it's 28 days not 22 but regardless that is somewhat waived if the delay is caused by DVLA, so if you just bought a new car or moved home, or DVLA are just being slow some reason that comes doesn't go towards the 28 day limit

xPabloz22 m ago

true but making them believe me might prove to be difficult as they can …true but making them believe me might prove to be difficult as they can always come up with excuses. also what about them sending a notice after 22 days?

I believe they only have to send it within 14 days, thats not the same meaning as you have to receive it in 14 days! Given the issue occurred on 20th December and Christmas and new year happened it’s probably been delayed in the post, they have issued it within the correct timeframe.

If the evidence they have sent shows your not in the lane phone them and state that.

Original Poster

cmdr_elito1 m ago

I believe they only have to send it within 14 days, thats not the same …I believe they only have to send it within 14 days, thats not the same meaning as you have to receive it in 14 days! Given the issue occurred on 20th December and Christmas and new year happened it’s probably been delayed in the post, they have issued it within the correct timeframe. If the evidence they have sent shows your not in the lane phone them and state that.

it says it was issued on 12th jan but yeahwill give them a call on monday

If their evidence show that you were not in the bus lane (as you state in the picture that they've sent you) then you should contest it.
It's for them to prove you broke the rules, not for you to prove you didn't.

found this on google, may help.

nidirect.gov.uk/art…cns

i have only read through it briefly but it doesn't seem to say any where in there about how long they have to issue you PCN. my understanding of PCN is that it normally gets dished out within 2 weeks, so if you don't get one after 2 weeks then you are in the clear when you think you have done something wrong, not that it must get to you in 2 weeks else all bets are off.

it appear if you put your pcn number into the link above, you can see the whole video (if there is one). as long as they can prove that you have been in the bus lane, you will lose.

did you actually go into a bus lane?

my Dad got one too in south east Manchester. dont exactly know the details, but he also thinks he wasnt in the bus lane.

always worth challenging it

Upload the image

Watch the whole video they have of you then you can determine whether they can prove you were in the bus lane or not, do not just rely on the image you have. There should be a link in your letter.

Original Poster

MadeDixonsCry9 m ago

Watch the whole video they have of you then you can determine whether they …Watch the whole video they have of you then you can determine whether they can prove you were in the bus lane or not, do not just rely on the image you have. There should be a link in your letter.

i have requested for the video but will take upto 24hours so just waiting for them to email me now.

xPabloz1 h, 56 m ago

i have requested for the video but will take upto 24hours so just waiting …i have requested for the video but will take upto 24hours so just waiting for them to email me now.

You might not get an email. Check again after 24 hours anyway.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions