I recommend eBay for good customer service

Posted 30th Sep
I recently sold sold an item I had listed under a £1 final selling fee promotion. But my fee was higher. I thought there must be something I hadn't done right so I did live chat with them. They kindly said they will adjust my fee to what I had been expecting, and explained why it ended up being the basic fee of 10% (It turned out my [buy now] listing had gone over 30 days).
I'd like to recommend them for their very good customer service. I hope to go on to sell more things on eBay. To anyone reading this who has never sold on eBay or is relatively new to it (like me) I hope this post may be a little helpful
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Your one experience of acceptable service will be countered by multiple experiences of unacceptable service.
13 Comments
cool story bro
Your one experience of acceptable service will be countered by multiple experiences of unacceptable service.
Yea wait till you have a real problem with them then you will find out how good their service is not
@jco83

I don’t sell much on eBay but decided to list a few bits on a £1 listing day and had the same issue as you hit with unexpected fees.

I rung them and they explained they only last for 30days and BIN was ongoing. They refunded on this occasion too. But generally not a fan of eBay. Too many fake products and scammers.
deleted1410297
I put a car up for sale. Didn’t sell for a month and I saw £15 fees. Went to the chat moaning like a cucumber and they removed the charges
Just wait till you have a substantial amount to deal with I was £300 out of pocket due to a dishonest seller my dealings with eBay were a nightmare
AndyRoyd30/09/2019 13:22

Your one experience of acceptable service will be countered by multiple …Your one experience of acceptable service will be countered by multiple experiences of unacceptable service.

Be fair, fully reimbursing for clear user error is above and beyond "acceptable" service. I'm not a great fan of eBay's pile-it-high-scam-it-cheap business model either, but credit where credit is due.
Ferris01/10/2019 09:52

Be fair, fully reimbursing for clear user error is above and beyond …Be fair, fully reimbursing for clear user error is above and beyond "acceptable" service. I'm not a great fan of eBay's pile-it-high-scam-it-cheap business model either, but credit where credit is due.

This was my point exactly.
Ferris01/10/2019 09:52

Be fair, fully reimbursing for clear user error is above and beyond …Be fair, fully reimbursing for clear user error is above and beyond "acceptable" service. I'm not a great fan of eBay's pile-it-high-scam-it-cheap business model either, but credit where credit is due.

Be fair, fully stuffing a seller when a buyer has fraudulently successfully claimed against a non-issue is above and beyond "unacceptable service". I'm not a fan of eBay's buyer-is-always-right business model, but disrespect where disrespect is due.
AndyRoyd01/10/2019 10:11

Be fair, fully stuffing a seller when a buyer has fraudulently …Be fair, fully stuffing a seller when a buyer has fraudulently successfully claimed against a non-issue is above and beyond "unacceptable service". I'm not a fan of eBay's buyer-is-always-right business model, but disrespect where disrespect is due.

Non-sequitur of the day award won already! Good going
Same happened to me iMac £900 sold after 30 days they dropped fees back from £90 to a £1
the.porter01/10/2019 10:29

Same happened to me iMac £900 sold after 30 days they dropped fees back …Same happened to me iMac £900 sold after 30 days they dropped fees back from £90 to a £1

Blimey. That's a lot more than my £50 item
HAHAHAHAHA - Good one . Needed a good laugh . I personally have a 100 horror stories involving EBay. They are a necessary evil like going to the dentist or cleaning the toilet .
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants