In search of a decent 50ft/15m Hose pipe

Posted 13th MayEdited by:"whiteranger87"
Can anyone help on suggestions for a 50ft/15m hose pipe?
I've had 2 of those expandable Amazon/Ebay Specials in the space of 18 months and they just keep splitting.
I need a sturdy/Decent one, expandable would be good because of lack or storage space, but these unbranded ones are just useless.
I'm open to any/all suggestions though Thanks all!!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

18 Comments
If you want it to last buy a traditional non expanding hose from any of the big brands like hozelock, Karcher, gardena
I don’t think you’ll go wrong with this, I’ve had mine years and it’s left out all winter.
The only thing that’s has gone is the multi-spray nozzle and that’s because I threw it on the floor rather than placing it.
*i’ve not checked that’s a good price
7ommy.7813/05/2020 19:35

If you want it to last buy a traditional non expanding hose from any of …If you want it to last buy a traditional non expanding hose from any of the big brands like hozelock, Karcher, gardena

Thought as much :-( Thanks for taking the time!
AngelBomber13/05/2020 19:45

I don’t think you’ll go wrong with this, I’ve had mine years and it’s left …I don’t think you’ll go wrong with this, I’ve had mine years and it’s left out all winter.The only thing that’s has gone is the multi-spray nozzle and that’s because I threw it on the floor rather than placing it.*i’ve not checked that’s a good price

Does look very good! Is there much leakage at the mains/connector point?
whiteranger8713/05/2020 20:25

Thought as much :-( Thanks for taking the time!

No problem, even the hozelock expanding ones seem to fail.
if its still available; £39.99 auto retracting unit from Aldi with 3 yr warranty. bought one a month ago. no complaints
7ommy.7813/05/2020 20:38

No problem, even the hozelock expanding ones seem to fail.

Great stuff! Thank you for replying, I have the Hoze lock in my basket on Amazon
ccnp13/05/2020 20:40

if its still available; £39.99 auto retracting unit from Aldi with 3 yr …if its still available; £39.99 auto retracting unit from Aldi with 3 yr warranty. bought one a month ago. no complaints

Someone else told me this but I couldn't see it in my local. I also bought the £19.99 strimmer from their garden range 3 weeks ago and it's been replaced twice. I like to give Aldi the benefit of the doubt, but I've been stung on their non-food items too many times
I got the Hozelock anti flex pipe as my old standard one would twist over time and cause kinks which eventually started leaking. This new one is great, really tough.
KirKanos13/05/2020 21:19

I got the Hozelock anti flex pipe as my old standard one would twist over …I got the Hozelock anti flex pipe as my old standard one would twist over time and cause kinks which eventually started leaking. This new one is great, really tough.

Got a link to an example??
whiteranger8713/05/2020 20:26

Does look very good! Is there much leakage at the mains/connector point?

I have a brass tap connector and the rest is Hozelock plastic connections and I don’t lose a drip. My dad is a tight git and spent my whole childhood annually replacing his hose, he’s since moved to Hozelock having seen mine.
This is the one I got Hozelock Tricoflex Ultramax Hose, Grey, 12.5 mm x 25 m amazon.co.uk/dp/…M5J
It doesn't come with fittings though, I used the ones from my old pipe.
Not cheap but it’s the silver coloured hose

reel n 25m hose

I did similar, upgraded from the yellow to an auto reel silver hose don’t look back but it was £££

Edited link fix
Edited by: "7ommy.78" 13th May
KirKanos13/05/2020 21:41

This is the one I got Hozelock Tricoflex Ultramax Hose, Grey, 12.5 mm x 25 …This is the one I got Hozelock Tricoflex Ultramax Hose, Grey, 12.5 mm x 25 m https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00VSM7KRK/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_RPfVEbRV32M5JIt doesn't come with fittings though, I used the ones from my old pipe.

Nice! Looks sturdy... So many options!! Thanks :-)
7ommy.7813/05/2020 21:43

Not cheap but it’s the silver coloured hose like thisI did similar, u …Not cheap but it’s the silver coloured hose like thisI did similar, upgraded from the yellow to an auto reel silver hose don’t look back but it was £££

Like not working? :-(
AngelBomber13/05/2020 21:31

I have a brass tap connector and the rest is Hozelock plastic connections …I have a brass tap connector and the rest is Hozelock plastic connections and I don’t lose a drip. My dad is a tight git and spent my whole childhood annually replacing his hose, he’s since moved to Hozelock having seen mine.

whiteranger8713/05/2020 20:44

Someone else told me this but I couldn't see it in my local. I also bought …Someone else told me this but I couldn't see it in my local. I also bought the £19.99 strimmer from their garden range 3 weeks ago and it's been replaced twice. I like to give Aldi the benefit of the doubt, but I've been stung on their non-food items too many times

Fair comment. Some of it is quite frail but I keep receipts and 3 years warranty has been honoured. The hose reel seems to be working fine at the moment.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions