I sold something on eBay, but... (advice)

Posted 31st Mar
the buyer didn’t supply a full address
so the post office won’t accept it

I’ve messaged the buyer on several occasions asking for the full address, but they haven’t responded

but now the buyer has started sending messages asking were the item is

the buyer has no feedback, but has been a member for like 8 years

are they playing some kind of scam?
do I just wait a little while to see if they send the address?
or should I just cancel the order?

Many Thanks 🙏
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Cancel it a refund them
the majority vote is cancel, so I will stand by wise words

thanks everyone 🙏
15 Comments
Cancel it a refund them
Isn't the address on the paypal receipt?
IF YOU HAVE GOT THE POSTCODE AND HOUSE NUMBER YOU CAN GO ON THE ROYAL MAIL WEBSITE FIND A POSTCODE PUT IT IN AND IT WILL GIVE YOU THE ADDRESS.i HAVE HAD TO DO THIS ON EBAY SALES MANY TIMES
Magda231/03/2020 17:49

IF YOU HAVE GOT THE POSTCODE AND HOUSE NUMBER YOU CAN GO ON THE ROYAL MAIL …IF YOU HAVE GOT THE POSTCODE AND HOUSE NUMBER YOU CAN GO ON THE ROYAL MAIL WEBSITE FIND A POSTCODE PUT IT IN AND IT WILL GIVE YOU THE ADDRESS.i HAVE HAD TO DO THIS ON EBAY SALES MANY TIMES

the post office are saying, there are 3 streets in that postcode
Waddayawant31/03/2020 17:32

Isn't the address on the paypal receipt?

well I thought that to have a PayPal account, you had to provide a confirmed address, but it’s the same not complete address as eBay
Mendoza31/03/2020 18:19

well I thought that to have a PayPal account, you had to provide a …well I thought that to have a PayPal account, you had to provide a confirmed address, but it’s the same not complete address as eBay

Yes for seller protection you should send it to the address on the confirmed address. If PO not accepting it I would message the buyer and explain to them and also to cancel the order. Better to be safe than sorry.
Call/message eBay see if the buyer can update the address. If not just cancel the order.
Why isn’t it complete?
Cancel the sale...I was scammed with a buyer who claimed to be selling genuine stranger things boxset and I had never had a problem before with dvds..ps4 games etc so purchased for my son...he opened the boxset end of jan to find out they were copied and wouldn’t work..started PayPal claim...was meant to send dvds back to seller and address he gave had no flat position for postcode...he never replied to PayPal about full address as scammers don’t give their exact full address out..don’t take a chance..cancel sale(y)
Have you sent the item yet and had the buyer paid you?
Love__Bargains31/03/2020 18:48

Call/message eBay see if the buyer can update the address. If not just …Call/message eBay see if the buyer can update the address. If not just cancel the order.

Ebay customer support is mostly off right now.
Contact ebay itself as they will give advice but sounds dodgy to me
the majority vote is cancel, so I will stand by wise words

thanks everyone 🙏
The numnuts won’t give the full address to you?
no feedback, no full address.

Definitely cancel.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions