I suck at Maths :( need help!

24 replies
Found 14th Dec 2010
So my brother asked me this maths question that has left me scratching my head, so if you could help me out I would be thanking you many times

So here its a basic one, dont laugh I never went to college! hehe

There are 320 people in a room, and 111 of them are boys what percentage of boys are there?

24 Comments

by college u mean sixth form. or are u american?

btw...why did he ask u this?
Edited by: "magicbeans" 14th Dec 2010

34.68%ish

111 divided by 320 x 100

=34.68%

About 30% (that's the three second answer from top of my head - using a calculator would be more accurate).

34.688%

Depends if there are any men & women in the room also

The Therapist

Depends if there are any men & women in the room also

No it doesn't lol ----
it mentions that there are 111 boys in the room, what is the percentage of boys. so regardless of any other sex its already given you the answer..

I agree...

... you do suck at arithmetic!

Original Poster

magicbeans

by college u mean sixth form. or are u american?btw...why did he ask u … by college u mean sixth form. or are u american?btw...why did he ask u this?

I've just enrolled onto a maths course at college and he was testing out my rusty maths skills oO

to be better at maths all you gotta do is do loads of maths questions.

"There are 320 people in a room, and 111 of them are boys what percentage of boys are there?"

Wow!

Original Poster

cannyscot

I agree...... you do suck at arithmetic!

http://www.withoutatraceroute.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/facepalm.jpg

Probability Theory and Random Processes

my fav:)

magicbeans

by college u mean sixth form. or are u american?btw...why did he ask u … by college u mean sixth form. or are u american?btw...why did he ask u this?

I went to college and I'm well and truly British. Thank You.

Banned

What is the ratio of boys to people and then people to boys OP?
and what is the simplest fraction of boys and people?
Edited by: "bykergrove" 14th Dec 2010

krazie2004

I went to college and I'm well and truly British. Thank You.

i went to tea with the queen.

Banned

magicbeans

college and sixth form are two different things.

Banned

I went to college not sixth form

t0mm

No it doesn't lol ----it mentions that there are 111 boys in the room, … No it doesn't lol ----it mentions that there are 111 boys in the room, what is the percentage of boys. so regardless of any other sex its already given you the answer..

Doh........

Original Poster

bykergrove

What is the ratio of boys to people and then people to boys OP?and what … What is the ratio of boys to people and then people to boys OP?and what is the simplest fraction of boys and people?

boys=people dont they? you mean boys to girls dont you? oO

Banned

DEALofaLifetime

boys=people dont they? you mean boys to girls dont you? oO

http://i.imgur.com/FzM5p.jpg
ok ratio of boys to girls then girls to boys.

and what is the simplest fraction if there were 112 boys and 320 people(show your working)

7:13.

Anyone else timing out and getting "page could not load" errors?

^^
guess u r correct, but i think that OP meant he didnt continue past GCSEs. just wanted to make sure it was that.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4711606
    2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would35145
    3. UBER can be a waste of money1223
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769252

See more discussions