Groups

I support Newcastle... What do you think??

Staying up, or going down. My thoughts change after gach game!

46 Comments

Banned

i think the bottom 3 as they are now are going down...so yes newcastle in the Championship

Original Poster

Nooooooooo!!!! My only hope is the fact that Hull play Man U.... BUT Man U have to play Barcelona 3 days later, so may rest all thier first team..... :?

Hopefully going down with Boro and Hull but that's impossible so I lose either way.

Original Poster

I am, (obv) planning a West Brom (Done) Sunderland and Boro......

Banned

cw9652;5255099

Nooooooooo!!!! My only hope is the fact that Hull play Man U.... BUT Man … Nooooooooo!!!! My only hope is the fact that Hull play Man U.... BUT Man U have to play Barcelona 3 days later, so may rest all thier first team..... :?

lol man utd will be resting near enough all the big names i imagine seeing as the title is already won

being a geordie am i meant to care about this? i only realised about 3 months ago that michael owen played for us - last time i checked he played for liverpool!! so - if we do go down then i might eventually notice in about 5 years when we're back up again (where are my smiley faces?)

babybutton;5255111

being a geordie am i meant to care about this? i only realised about 3 … being a geordie am i meant to care about this? i only realised about 3 months ago that michael owen played for us - last time i checked he played for liverpool!! so - if we do go down then i might eventually notice in about 5 years when we're back up again (where are my smiley faces?)

You sound like a Chelsea fan :w00t:

Original Poster

RedIron;5255113

:thumbsup:

RedIron;5255113

ok - (oooh the smileys are back!) i take it that actually means something in the world of football??!:oops:
    didn't shearer play for chelsea at some point? or is that blackburn? (ok i'll stop while i'm already behind........ football never was my thing!):whistling:

Banned

babybutton;5255121

ok - (oooh the smileys are back!) i take it that actually means something … ok - (oooh the smileys are back!) i take it that actually means something in the world of football??!:oops: didn't shearer play for chelsea at some point? or is that blackburn? (ok i'll stop while i'm already behind........ football never was my thing!):whistling:

are you female?

Original Poster

As a geordie you should!!! Talking of 'Owen' is a totally different feed... I am not best pleased with the guy. (See how polite that was)! But.. If he scores next weekend, he will be a Newcastle ledgend.... Sad, but true!

DangerGod;5255122

are you female?

with a name like babybutton i'd hope i was female and if i wasn;t then i don;t think i'd get away with posting general rubbish and lack of knowledge about football so would be hiding from this post - but it said newcastle so like a moth (or magpie to shiny things - see i do know something about footballyness of newcastle) i was drawn to the word newcastle

Original Poster

DangerGod;5255122

are you female?

LOL!! I Newcastle, Blackburn, Southampton.... (I'm pretty sure Southampton...)

cw9652;5255129

LOL!! I Newcastle, Blackburn, Southampton.... (I'm pretty sure … LOL!! I Newcastle, Blackburn, Southampton.... (I'm pretty sure Southampton...)

im pretty sure this was a post about how pants newcastle are at football not a post to laugh at my lack of knowledge!!! i remember seeing one of those football stickers when i was at school and shearer was wearing a bluey football strip (hence the chelsea or blackburn) with some sort of red thing on the badge - mind you i may have been imagining it!
    the only football thing i ever knew was that steve mcmanaman played for liverpool and the huge poster on my bedroom wall when i was like 13 that my friends bought me for my birthday was totally mint....... along with the river phoenix one...... :-D

babybutton;5255134

im pretty sure this was a post about how pants newcastle are at football … im pretty sure this was a post about how pants newcastle are at football not a post to laugh at my lack of knowledge!!! i remember seeing one of those football stickers when i was at school and shearer was wearing a bluey football strip (hence the chelsea or blackburn) with some sort of red thing on the badge - mind you i may have been imagining it! the only football thing i ever knew was that steve mcmanaman played for liverpool and the huge poster on my bedroom wall when i was like 13 that my friends bought me for my birthday was totally mint....... along with the river phoenix one...... :-D

OK enough about Newcastle so we know you're female but are you single and we need pics to prove you're female

Original Poster

babybutton;5255134

im pretty sure this was a post about how pants newcastle are at football … im pretty sure this was a post about how pants newcastle are at football not a post to laugh at my lack of knowledge!!! i remember seeing one of those football stickers when i was at school and shearer was wearing a bluey football strip (hence the chelsea or blackburn) with some sort of red thing on the badge - mind you i may have been imagining it! the only football thing i ever knew was that steve mcmanaman played for liverpool and the huge poster on my bedroom wall when i was like 13 that my friends bought me for my birthday was totally mint....... along with the river phoenix one...... :-D

You're friend got you a Liverpool poster... As a Geordie!!!! :whistling:

RedIron;5255141

OK enough about Newcastle so we know you're female but are you single and … OK enough about Newcastle so we know you're female but are you single and we need pics to prove you're female

hee hee - the pic for my avvy is my youngest daughter - and certainly not single !!! to ld for excitement these days!

cw9652;5255142

You're friend got you a Liverpool poster... As a Geordie!!!! :whistling:

more questions.... how do i quote two posts in one?
    anyway - yeah for my 13th brthday present my friends bought me a huge mcmanaman picture as he was very cute... come on i'm a girl - what decent male has ever played for newcastle? and keegans a bit before my time!!!

Original Poster

babybutton;5255157

more questions.... how do i quote two posts in one? anyway - yeah for my … more questions.... how do i quote two posts in one? anyway - yeah for my 13th brthday present my friends bought me a huge mcmanaman picture as he was very cute... come on i'm a girl - what decent male has ever played for newcastle? and keegans a bit before my time!!!

You're asking me who the best looking Newcastle player is/was..... I have no answer I'm afraid

cw9652;5255160

You're asking me who the best looking Newcastle player is/was..... I have … You're asking me who the best looking Newcastle player is/was..... I have no answer I'm afraid

hee hee :-D don't think there's much need for an answer - there's about as much talent at newcastle asthere is talent (if you know what i mean!)

Sorry mate - goin down.

Original Poster

kjbenja;5255228

Sorry mate - goin down.

I hate to agree.. So I won't!!! Why you say... We have Villa away, and Hull have Man U...!!! (2nd string, but still a damn good team)!! :thinking:

cw9652;5255230

I hate to agree.. So I won't!!! Why you say... We have Villa away, and … I hate to agree.. So I won't!!! Why you say... We have Villa away, and Hull have Man U...!!! (2nd string, but still a damn good team)!! :thinking:

Yeah but Hull have momentum, an extra point and will be playing Man U's youth team. Hate to say it but can you guys even score against Villa let alone win?

Original Poster

We scored against Fulham, and it was ruled out!!! I think it was the same ref that did the Chelsea vs Barca game :whistling:

There's quite a lot of excitement around Peterborough at the moment at the thought of Posh going up to St James park next season. Even though West Ham are my number 1 team it's a fixture i would certainly go to ( if you are relegated ) as you have to support your home town club as well .

Original Poster

darren9030;5255261

There's quite a lot of excitement around Peterborough at the moment at … There's quite a lot of excitement around Peterborough at the moment at the thought of Posh going up to St James park next season. Even though West Ham are my number 1 team it's a fixture i would certainly go to ( if you are relegated ) as you have to support your home town club as well .

Darren... What are you doing to me??!! I'm posting for, 'You'll be OK', 'Too big to go down' etc... Not 'You'll be playing the Posh!!' :?

lol sorry i did put in brackets (if). It's a long journey anyway. Posh would be much better going to the Stadium of Light next season :thumbsup:

Original Poster

darren9030;5255265

lol sorry i did put in brackets (if). It's a long journey anyway. Posh … lol sorry i did put in brackets (if). It's a long journey anyway. Posh would be much better going to the Stadium of Light next season :thumbsup:

Good answer!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Banned

I think you are stupid for attracting all the negative comments this post will get.
    Wouldn't you be happyer as a Mackem?

As it is atm is how it will finish IMO.

here's my view from a more or less neutral supporter,
    First the good news, Sunderland, Hull and Middlesborough will all lose on Sunday
    now I think Newcastle will have to play very well to get a positive result at Villa, I respect Shearer but he is not a 'God' in my eyes but if anybody can lead them to safety, he can,
    your best result ................ a draw.
    Just enough!
    Good Luck!

Banned

I think it'll be the funniest relegation since Leeds Utd went down.

I also think that Noel Gallagher was right - nothing is funnier than a fat, topless Geordie crying.

I think Sunderland are safe.

Id like to see Boro stay up as no1 will see that coming

But personally i think Boro and Newcastle will both go down.

Still plenty to play for,
    [FONT=Verdana]A defeat at Villa Park = oblivion.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]A draw at Villa Park = safety if Hull lose - the mackems' result is immaterial.[/FONT]
    [LEFT][SIZE=2][FONT=Verdana]A win at Villa Park = safety, unless Hull and the mackems both win.[/FONT][/SIZE][/LEFT]

[LEFT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]The Tigers entertain a Manchester United side who are [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [SIZE=2][FONT=Verdana]in Champions League Final action just three days later, [/FONT][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][FONT=Verdana]while the mackems face Chelsea - who themselves are[/FONT][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][FONT=Verdana]less than a week away from the FA Cup Final.[/FONT][/SIZE]
    The league table don't lie unfortunatley and the 3 worst teams will go down, WBA the only confirmed one so far[/LEFT]

Banned

Paddy_o_furniture;5256188

Still plenty to play for, [FONT=Verdana]A defeat at Villa Park = … Still plenty to play for, [FONT=Verdana]A defeat at Villa Park = oblivion.[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]A draw at Villa Park = safety if Hull lose - the mackems' result is immaterial.[/FONT][LEFT][SIZE=2][FONT=Verdana]A win at Villa Park = safety, unless Hull and the mackems both win.[/FONT][/SIZE][/LEFT][LEFT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]The Tigers entertain a Manchester United side who are [/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=2][FONT=Verdana]in Champions League Final action just three days later, [/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=2][FONT=Verdana]while the mackems face Chelsea - who themselves are[/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=2][FONT=Verdana]less than a week away from the FA Cup Final.[/FONT][/SIZE]The league table don't lie unfortunatley and the 3 worst teams will go down, WBA the only confirmed one so far[/LEFT]

Paddy.... Hull managed to get another point!!!!!!:p

And why couldn't you have got 3 points last weekend. You've condemned us to no Europe next season. (Which might actually not be a bad thing!)

guv;5256467

Paddy.... Hull managed to get another point!!!!!!:pAnd why couldn't you … Paddy.... Hull managed to get another point!!!!!!:pAnd why couldn't you have got 3 points last weekend. You've condemned us to no Europe next season. (Which might actually not be a bad thing!)

I'm furious, poor poor display, obviously I don't want the club relegated. But if it does happen it may do us a favour, clear out deadwood, over paid under performers. Plus the value of the club will go down so someone may take us out of Ashleys ownership

Banned

Paddy_o_furniture;5256541

I'm furious, poor poor display, obviously I don't want the club … I'm furious, poor poor display, obviously I don't want the club relegated. But if it does happen it may do us a favour, clear out deadwood, over paid under performers. Plus the value of the club will go down so someone may take us out of Ashleys ownership

I wondered when this was gonna be seen a plus!!!

guv;5256567

I wondered when this was gonna be seen a plus!!!

It rather have him own the club and be a premier league team, than someone else and be a championship team. A win @ villa and we should stay up, however I'm doubting thats gonna happen. The finger has to point at Ashley, you can't sell your best players and not replace them. Given was worth 3 points over 1/2 a season. 3 points that would of seen us safe.

think newcastle av the best chance compared to blunderland and dull - all they gotta do is WIN !

Isn't it ironic that the "messiah" Shearer is now depending on the man/team who he snubbed twice to do him the biggest favour ever of his sporting career.

I hope Fergie sends out the reserves and I hope that Villa thump Newcastle and condemn Newcastle to where they belong. I have nothing against Newcastle fans and IMO they deserve better, but the club has been a laughing stock over the last few years. In this day and age of modern football its about stability and Newcastle fans have seen very little of that. When Sam Allardyce was there he had the club steadily progressing but he was sacked because the fans didn't like the style of football.

IMO if Newcastle are relegated I'm hoping they will come back to the Premier League with a better attitude. Just because they get 50 odd thousand fans, they shouldn't automatically assume that they are a big club. Maybe they will stop taking things for granted and realise that they aren't as massive as they think they are.

One thing is for sure and thats if they do go down then they need to get rid of that idiot Mike Ashley. Newcastle have the potential to become one of the top clubs in England, but I have a feeling that as long as Ashley is in charge that they could end up going the same way as that other so-called big club Leeds.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best tablet for 100-150? Quid11
      2. Glazing Clay Pots for Drinking22
      3. How are Very for pre-orders ?33
      4. Furniture Sliders45

See more discussions