I think i've sussed what's with some of the pointless thread starts / trolls / spam

40 replies
Found 13th Jan 2011
I know this is the Misc forum for members to post their random musings (such as this) genuine problems, requests and such like. But i think i might have stumbled on why there seems to be an increasing presence of trolls and 'hollow' threads. My personal conspiricy theory is that if little children think they will get a sticker / pat on the head / or noteriety, they will play to the crowd. With HUKD offering 'celebrity' status badges, i think that some of the 'activity' on the site is down purely to infantile members wanting to acheive their red celebrity badge. Come on HUKD - is there no way you would consider cutting back on some of the totally pointless 'badges'? It would tidy up the site and might reduce the trolls - just a thought...

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
40 Comments

Trolls have been here much longer than the badges

Maybe I'm just old but.....

http://hippiekiller.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/troll.jpg

This was what I've always thought of as a troll... oO

didn't even know there were any
don't really care either I for one have no use for one, can't see what difference it would make

Banned

But badges are so cool!............ X)

Banned

Only time I notice the badges is when someone doesn't have any at all.

Original Poster

guv

But badges are so cool!............ X)

That actually made me lol - I work with an Army captain who says the same thing! ( + you come from Orpington!)

Maybe we should get a uniform too...

http://webzoom.freewebs.com/southlakescouter/uniformcolony.jpg

dcx_badass

Do people honestly care about the badges?

^This^

Banned

nikkib123

^This^

Can I have your hammer one then please?:D

MissBehave

Maybe I'm just old but.....This was what I've always thought of as a … Maybe I'm just old but.....This was what I've always thought of as a troll... oO

Aww I used to love my Trolls!!
about 75% of threads on Misc are pointless, but Misc would be very quiet without half the pointless threads!

guv

Can I have your hammer one then please?:D

Swap you for your hotspot one

dcx_badass

It's alright saying 'this', but you didn't like my post, we have to get … It's alright saying 'this', but you didn't like my post, we have to get as many likes and badges as possible!!!1111

Me liked you now!

Original Poster

beth3735

about 75% of threads on Misc are pointless, but Misc would be very quiet … about 75% of threads on Misc are pointless, but Misc would be very quiet without half the pointless threads!

Yup - i agree. I love having a browse through Misc, maybe i'm just nosey, but it's a bit like virtual people watching. But having drifted back to the board after about 18 months away, i have noticed a sharp rise in spiteful posts - hey ho, a reflection of life(_;)

master_chief

Same here

master_chief

yes same here

is this a pointless thread complaining about pointless threads?,damn im sounding like a troll now

I don't think it's got anything to do with the badges. It's just that some people are morons.

Banned

I LIKE the LIKE button.

I don't really LIKE it because it is for the sad barstools to have a pop at other member's.

Mainly the desperate housewives who have nothing better to do than be on-line talking carp.

I LIKE this, hey saddos do you LIKE it too X)

Why not have a Troll Badge then & the Mod replaces the troll badge with one of the Users/Trolls other Badges he/she has.
Say a Troll button that if pressed by say minimum of 10 Members in any one Thread, then it's a automatic Troll badge for 1 week & loss off one of the other badges the member has for 1 week.

Banned

Some member's are friend's/gossiper's away from this site on MSN etc...

Thank god my life is not that dull that I need to make friend's on the internet.

Banned

WheresMeNuts

Why not have a Troll Badge then & the Mod replaces the troll badge with … Why not have a Troll Badge then & the Mod replaces the troll badge with one of the Users/Trolls other Badges he/she has.Say a Troll button that if pressed by say minimum of 10 Members in any one Thread, then it's a automatic Troll badge for 1 week & loss off one of the other badges the member has for 1 week.

This badge would be highly sought after.

nikkib123

[Swap you for your hotspot one

Nope..... I'll offer the nuke falling on Iran one and Facebook one (I don't use Facebook - I stole this one really!)

Would be good if you could do "swapsies" like top trumps

I trump you

guv

[quote=WheresMeNuts] Why not have a Troll Badge then & the Mod replaces … [quote=WheresMeNuts] Why not have a Troll Badge then & the Mod replaces the troll badge with one of the Users/Trolls other Badges he/she has.Say a Troll button that if pressed by say minimum of 10 Members in any one Thread, then it's a automatic Troll badge for 1 week & loss off one of the other badges the member has for 1 week.This badge would be highly sought after.

Well could always do the "Get 3 Troll badges in any 3 Months you receive a 1 week ban".

Banned

nikkib123

Would be good if you could do "swapsies" like top trumps :)I trump you

I like trumping!

WheresMeNuts

Well could always do the "Get 3 Troll badges in any 3 Months you receive … Well could always do the "Get 3 Troll badges in any 3 Months you receive a 1 week ban".

What do you get if you fill the card with 20 troll badges?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Asm1iAEmZA4/S7BCSfLVUII/AAAAAAAAAwQ/JcfypOGePm8/s1600/Badger.jpg

Banned

I've been trolling long before the silly badges appeared.

nikkib123

Would be good if you could do "swapsies" like top trumps :)I trump you

WheresMeNuts

Well could always do the "Get 3 Troll badges in any 3 Months you receive … Well could always do the "Get 3 Troll badges in any 3 Months you receive a 1 week ban".

Free 6'' Sub of the Day

Banned

SgtSlay3r

Free 6'' Sub of the Day

I like 12"

Banned

DLM

I like 12"

You're still not gonna have kids however big it is.

I hate badges, and badgers.

I saw a badger wearing a badge the other day, i squashed it with my barge.

DLM

I like 12"

Yer I hear you do :-)

You can't get 20 Troll badges, You can only get a Max of 3 in any 3 months & you are banned for 1 week.That way Mods don't need to ban them as it's up to the members if they think they are a Troll & it's them who decide.

Banned

dcx_badass

you'd be surprised

e.g. hotukdeals.com/fee…132

I blame the no lower age limit on HUKD

Banned

vibeone

You're still not gonna have kids however big it is.

Ha ha ha

You do know on ebay you can buy "Get pregnant pills" & that way you don't need to pop down to Subway for you're 12"

Banned

WheresMeNuts

You do know on ebay you can buy "Get pregnant pills" & that way you don't … You do know on ebay you can buy "Get pregnant pills" & that way you don't need to pop down to Subway for you're 12"

Thankfully I don't have fertility problems

Banned

DLM

Thankfully I don't have fertility problems

Apart from your face......

Banned

DLM

Some member's are friend's/gossiper's away from this site on MSN … Some member's are friend's/gossiper's away from this site on MSN etc...Thank god my life is not that dull that I need to make friend's on the internet.

You just need to spend Christmas day on it....

dcx_badass

I've seen you post this a couple of times and although I agree with you, it may carry more sustenance if you didn't have your showboat badge.

I may well be wrong and it may just be me that see's it this way but to me, that's just a badge that fills up badge spaces.

dcx_badass

Noobs do - and they also seemed to think rep meant something as well......

jelli89

But having drifted back to the board after about 18 months away, i have … But having drifted back to the board after about 18 months away, i have noticed a sharp rise in spiteful posts - hey ho, a reflection of life

I know what you mean - the "I need advice" threads mostly turn out to be car crashes........some are deserved but many are not...

vibeone

I've been trolling long before the silly badges appeared.

Not back in the day when you still had the outrun avi - you kept a much lower profile......
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Looking for feedback on Virgin Media V6 TV Box11
    2. Sweet Sunday Codes22
    3. Skateboarding advice (beginner) 25/yo217
    4. Building a PC Need Help!615

See more discussions