Groups

i think my pc has a virus can someome help UPDATE maybe a graphics card or hardware fault

Got a dell vostro 200 running Vista pc.loads up but freezes after 2 mins them little by little the screen becomes pixelated until pixels take over the screen tried it 3 times yesterday and same thing happens, can someone please help me

24 Comments

turn it off then turn it on again

Banned

Your mum has a virus

Original Poster

csiman;8314296

Please dont say you are still using … Please dont say you are still using AVGhttp://www.hotukdeals.com/item/643005/my-pc-has-slowed-down-to-a-snail-s-?p=8220924#post8220924

Yeah still avg as i paid £40 for it mate:thumbsup:

Original Poster

arcangel111;8314203

turn it off then turn it on again

Tried that and unplugged it too

JBAUERBEATSJBOND;8314562

Tried that and unplugged it too

have you tried downloading malwarebytes and spybot?

lfc_engravedonheart;8314642

Original Poster

DanJackson;8314365

Your mum has a virus

Yo mom so fat she fell down stairs I fort eastenders had ended

Original Poster

lfc_engravedonheart;8314642

Can u run on safe mode

JBAUERBEATSJBOND;8315776

Can u run on safe mode

Yes.

Original Poster

DragonChris;8315797

Yes.

Can i instll spybot on safe mode

JBAUERBEATSJBOND;8317808

Can i instll spybot on safe mode

yeah both of them on safe mode

Original Poster

How do I start vista in safe mode please

JBAUERBEATSJBOND;8319315

How do I start vista in safe mode please

start your computer up and keep pressing F8. if it doesnt work first time keep trying it, will do eventually

Original Poster

Update. Monitor pixelates as soon as I switch on now

Banned

JBAUERBEATSJBOND;8314559

Yeah still avg as i paid £40 for it mate:thumbsup:

no offence but I would take the £40 hit rather than have virus problems every few days. AVG mucked up your PC last week and we did say to get rid of AVG and now here you are again with PC problems. :w00t:

I take it you have ruled out a monitor issue by plugging a different one in?

Original Poster

csiman;8321917

no offence but I would take the £40 hit rather than have virus problems … no offence but I would take the £40 hit rather than have virus problems every few days. AVG mucked up your PC last week and we did say to get rid of AVG and now here you are again with PC problems. :w00t:I take it you have ruled out a monitor issue by plugging a different one in?

Not yet mate i haven't got a spare monitor :oops:

If the screen messes up as soon as you turn the computer on then its not a virus causing the problem. If you got a virus, it will only run once the computer has loaded up Windows - as soon as you turn the computer on it hasn't got as far as loading up Windows yet so you can rule out a Windows virus..

It's probably going to be a hardware fault:
    - Bad monitor
    - Bad cable (that connects monitor & PC)
    - Bad graphics card

Might be worth updating the BIOS? I don't know if that'd help though..

My brother is currently having screen problems which look like they're caused by a dodgy connect on the back of the monitor or a dodgy cable. Definitely worth trying a different monitor or you're not going to be able to rule out your monitor as the problem..

Original Poster

oldmanhouse;8324602

If the screen messes up as soon as you turn the computer on then its not … If the screen messes up as soon as you turn the computer on then its not a virus causing the problem. If you got a virus, it will only run once the computer has loaded up Windows - as soon as you turn the computer on it hasn't got as far as loading up Windows yet so you can rule out a Windows virus..It's probably going to be a hardware fault:- Bad monitor- Bad cable (that connects monitor & PC)- Bad graphics cardMight be worth updating the BIOS? I don't know if that'd help though..My brother is currently having screen problems which look like they're caused by a dodgy connect on the back of the monitor or a dodgy cable. Definitely worth trying a different monitor or you're not going to be able to rule out your monitor as the problem..

Nice one fella will try that when i get home

Original Poster

JBAUERBEATSJBOND;8325647

Nice one fella will try that when i get home

Just tried new monitor and still the same issue so must b graphics card any suggestions

Banned

JBAUERBEATSJBOND;8340392

Just tried new monitor and still the same issue so must b graphics card … Just tried new monitor and still the same issue so must b graphics card any suggestions

try using onboard graphics

Original Poster

csiman;8342679

try using onboard graphics

How would u do that. Thanks for ya help by the way

Original Poster

Final word: Pc is dead
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cheapest way to obtain Microsoft Office?45