i think my ps3 just broke

does anyone know what the problem is or what i should do?

i just got the error code 80010514
games dont seem to load up now,

has anyone else had this?

i guess ive got to find a helpline

34 Comments

Banned

Have a go at hoovering it. Given my track record, you will probably think I'm being childish, but give it a go.

hey..it could work. darn things are the best? worst? dust magnets you can get!

use to work on the kids PS2!

should have got a 360

Banned

When mine wouldn't read discs it worked. Trying to look composed whilst carrying a vacuum cleaner into the bedroom...

Sony Playstation Helpline: 08705 99 88 77

Call for your coffin *cry*

jasonrat;1489177

should have got a 360

And get red lights?! at least he can turn his on!

Banned

Sounds like its kaput! google is your friend yet again google.co.uk/sea…rch

seems to be a prob with blu-ray as most others state theirs can play normal dvds and ps2 games just not blu-ray discs. ring up sony and get a new one sent out.

alot of 40GB's have bad drives.

If yours is a 40.

when i googled it, there seemed to be as many 60GBs as 40GBs

Original Poster

yes , its a 40gb. thanks for the advice / number- i'll give em a call
annoying as i just left it alone whilst i read up on the error and it worked again- and then it didnt . your right about the dust though , jease

I wipe mine with a microfibre cloth every day.

t0mm;1489361

Too much info......

possably not much help just now as you seam to have yer answer but mr bubbles swears by
[url]www.oldnrubbish.com[/url] for all ps3 related questions.

He says these guys are a font of useful info

Original Poster

thank you for continuing to hold, unfortunately our advisers are still busy -please continue to hold and your call will be dealt with as soon as possible. x 10000000000000 ahhhhhhhh

dead link?

cold toast;1489426

thank you for continuing to hold, unfortunately our advisers are still … thank you for continuing to hold, unfortunately our advisers are still busy -please continue to hold and your call will be dealt with as soon as possible. x 10000000000000 ahhhhhhhh

keep on it, patience;-)

Banned

t0mm;1489361

leefal;1489398

Too much info......

Big LOL :-D

Best laugh on here today and hilarious retort.

BTW, babywipes are cheaper in the long run

Original Poster

wow, their customer service is good. told them its broke , they say - thats fine we'll send you a knew one - hows this thursday sound. WOW

cold toast;1489488

wow, their customer service is good. told them its broke , they say - … wow, their customer service is good. told them its broke , they say - thats fine we'll send you a knew one - hows this thursday sound. WOW

Have they arranged for it be sent back to them or are they just sending you out a replacment?

Mum2Connor&Cerys;1489513

Have they arranged for it be sent back to them or are they just sending … Have they arranged for it be sent back to them or are they just sending you out a replacment?

i do believe they drop the new one and collect the old one at same time

jasonrat;1489177

should have got a 360

I think this would come up with an error when playing blue ray disks too. :whistling:

cold toast;1489488

wow, their customer service is good. told them its broke , they say - … wow, their customer service is good. told them its broke , they say - thats fine we'll send you a knew one - hows this thursday sound. WOW

They do a drop collect [take your ps3 off you at the door, give you a new one] so have it all ready:)

stora;1489538

I think this would come up with an error when playing blue ray disks too. … I think this would come up with an error when playing blue ray disks too. :whistling:

:thumbsup:

Banned

http://gen14.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

Original Poster

yeh, they collect the old one at the same time so, pretty easy all in all, i just need to copy some stuff across somehow if i want to keep settings and savegames

cold toast;1489848

yeh, they collect the old one at the same time so, pretty easy all in … yeh, they collect the old one at the same time so, pretty easy all in all, i just need to copy some stuff across somehow if i want to keep settings and savegames

]http//ww…les

UltimoScorpion;1489833

It's better then microsoft's 1-3 week turnaround:whistling:

When you get the ps3 back does it still have all your videos etc on the Hard Drive?

Original Poster

no, they're sending me a brand new one, i sign in and get the games i bought from the store again.

add me to list of jalopy PS3's.

80GB, error code 80010514 = DEATH!!!

waiting for my new one!!!!!

Banned

add-man;1489987

When you get the ps3 back does it still have all your videos etc on the … When you get the ps3 back does it still have all your videos etc on the Hard Drive?

LOL - how on earth would that be possible? :-D

blow on the cartridge always works.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Sad news about Barcelona1740
    2. Weekly game codes giveaway 183419
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764047
    4. First 2 lucky people.46

See more discussions