Expired

I thought the 'Dementia tax' had gone for good,apparently not.

Found 20th Oct 2017
msn.com/en-…wkN

While looking around found this too,which shows Tory peers and Theresa May's husband benefit from this.

thecanary.co/uk/…ax/
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
What do you expect from the Tories? “for the few, not the many”

Anyway, I very much doubt the Conservatives would be in power long enough to implement this and even if they were it’s not exactly a vote winner (a bit like bringing back fox hunting) especially when it hits your parties’ core power base – i.e. pensioners / people over 70 – The Tories aren’t that stupid.
Time after time, the Conservatives remind us that the only people that they benefit are the wealthy.
Yet lots of people still keep voting for them.

So, in conclusion, the people who vote Tory are either wealthy or stupid (or both).
17 Comments
What do you expect from the Tories? “for the few, not the many”

Anyway, I very much doubt the Conservatives would be in power long enough to implement this and even if they were it’s not exactly a vote winner (a bit like bringing back fox hunting) especially when it hits your parties’ core power base – i.e. pensioners / people over 70 – The Tories aren’t that stupid.
Time after time, the Conservatives remind us that the only people that they benefit are the wealthy.
Yet lots of people still keep voting for them.

So, in conclusion, the people who vote Tory are either wealthy or stupid (or both).
Best vote for the Marxists then (Oops I mean Labour ) - then everyone will be equal - And Poor . Just look at Corbyn's Utopian state - Venezuela
Edited by: "rogparki" 20th Oct 2017
rogparki26 m ago

Best vote for the Marxists then (Oops I mean Labour ) - then everyone …Best vote for the Marxists then (Oops I mean Labour ) - then everyone will be equal - And Poor . Just look at Corbyn's Utopian state - Venezuela

Does it have to be a two horse race?
rogparki57 m ago

Best vote for the Marxists then (Oops I mean Labour ) - then everyone …Best vote for the Marxists then (Oops I mean Labour ) - then everyone will be equal - And Poor . Just look at Corbyn's Utopian state - Venezuela

Errm haven’t the Conservatives been coming up with so called “Marxist” policies themselves? Oh no wait they’ve been stealing them from Labour manifestos past and present – Energy cap anyone? …….

Give me a Labour government any day over the out of touch shower that is the Conservative Party - currently squatting in Number 10.
Destard1 h, 1 m ago

Does it have to be a two horse race?

Doesn't have to be, but it is.
Putting links to the canary, really?
Uilleam1723 m ago

Yes,really,it's about as valid a source as anything else out there

If you consider the canary valid, I'm out.
I'm a consistent labour voter but have no time for Corbyn what so ever. I hoped he would be trounced at the last election and hope he will at the next.
Uilleam1733 m ago

I used to vote Labour years ago, unfortunately they died in Scotland …I used to vote Labour years ago, unfortunately they died in Scotland telling lies for Westminster Tories

Back on topic, can you tell me, would someone be worse/better off with the so called dementia tax or the current system, if they end up in a residential home?
Uilleam171 h, 6 m ago

I used to vote Labour years ago, unfortunately they died in Scotland …I used to vote Labour years ago, unfortunately they died in Scotland telling lies for Westminster Tories

they have made a 'comeback' along with the Tories and to a very small extent the lib dems
how should you vote ?

Edited by: "Wongy110" 20th Oct 2017
Uilleam179 m ago

I have no idea but I suppose it depends on where you live and the fact …I have no idea but I suppose it depends on where you live and the fact that people have paid in to the system all of their lives and are then expected to pay again when the government (all of them ) have been playing fast and loose with our money and are now feeling the pinch.[Image] Then again maybe not and just have different priorities

Maybe you should read up on it.
You would be worse off under the current system, obviously that doesn't make good reading for the paid by the click corbyn journalists of canary news.
Personally I would rather pay 70k towards my care and and be able to pass the rest onto my family (the dementia tax) corbyn and co would rather take every penny (the current system) that I have worked for (and payed tax on) leaving me nothing to pass on to my family.
hashtagrandom this guys water 'rates' seem to have gone missing
theguardian.com/lif…uch

as have mine guessing I will get the whole bill in March but would be nice to know !
Uilleam1711 m ago

Good luck with that then, I hope your family aren't relying on it.

So your complaining that the Tories want 70k towards your care but not bothered corbyn will take every penny?
Sums up a corbynysta, do you write clikbait headlines for canary news, You should.
Where's me slippers gone. I had them this morning.
deeky36 m ago

Where's me slippers gone. I had them this morning.

Quick, stick all your assets in a Trust.
It is what MPs & ex-PMs do.
Linky
shadey1220th Oct

Maybe you should read up on it.You would be worse off under the current …Maybe you should read up on it.You would be worse off under the current system, obviously that doesn't make good reading for the paid by the click corbyn journalists of canary news.Personally I would rather pay 70k towards my care and and be able to pass the rest onto my family (the dementia tax) corbyn and co would rather take every penny (the current system) that I have worked for (and payed tax on) leaving me nothing to pass on to my family.

Where do you stand on Inheritance Tax?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants