I took my printed coupons for asda to the till and they weren't accepted I printed them from super savvy can any body advise please.

Found 18th Feb 2016
I printed some coupons from the savvy site to use in asda i took them to the till and they refused even though i had the items and they were for asda. can anyone advise thanks in advance.
Community Updates
Ask
28 Comments
Aww I've just spent hours printing coupons to take to Asda tomorrow!!! Hope I haven't just wasted my time
You should have asked to see a managed. They are definitely supposed to accept them from Supersavvy. Assuming you're not in the store, I would recommend emailing customer services and putting in a small complaint. Stores who don't accept them for no reason need telling.
managed to use my coupons today in Asda Darlaston , it was a bit of a hassle but the assistant on the checkout installed the coupons manually
aau1

Show them this page on their own … Show them this page on their own websitehttp://asda-stores.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail_grow/a_id/979

Says answer is no longer available
traythegreat

Aww I've just spent hours printing coupons to take to Asda tomorrow!!! … Aww I've just spent hours printing coupons to take to Asda tomorrow!!! Hope I haven't just wasted my time

Me too thought i'l pop in on monday, hope it's working at my asda, they really should give a reason if they won't honour it as the coupons clearly say they are for asda stores.
traythegreat

http://i.imgur.com/RqcPhgF.jpg
traythegreat

weird, the link works for me.

It leads to the screenshot posted above
Original Poster
thanks going to ring them tomorrow
they 100% accept them. just staff are ill informed. so silly!
Original Poster
hvc123xo

You should have asked to see a managed. They are definitely supposed to … You should have asked to see a managed. They are definitely supposed to accept them from Supersavvy. Assuming you're not in the store, I would recommend emailing customer services and putting in a small complaint. Stores who don't accept them for no reason need telling.

I did speak to the manager and apparently they cant overide for coupons ?
Original Poster
hvc123xo

You should have asked to see a managed. They are definitely supposed to … You should have asked to see a managed. They are definitely supposed to accept them from Supersavvy. Assuming you're not in the store, I would recommend emailing customer services and putting in a small complaint. Stores who don't accept them for no reason need telling.

I did speak to the manager and apparently they cant overide for coupons ?
philphil61

Thanks for posting the pic.
If you're scanning them in on self-scan and the machine then rejects them, the colleague needs to use their user ID to enter the cashier keyboard where they can manually enter the coupon. They did this for me when I had two coupons (£1 off Covent Garden soup and 50p off a can of tuna). I hope this helps.
After reading the screen shot it clearly states you can use these coupons!! Ill informed staff to blame in my opinion!! contact Head Office Customer Service, I'm sure they'll do their best to rectify the problem. Good Luck.
Original Poster
morzee

After reading the screen shot it clearly states you can use these … After reading the screen shot it clearly states you can use these coupons!! Ill informed staff to blame in my opinion!! contact Head Office Customer Service, I'm sure they'll do their best to rectify the problem. Good Luck.

Have you got a phone number for the head office please
mizzy1985

Thanks for posting the pic.

I'll be taking a screenshot of that along with me today and if they refuse my coupons there'll be murders! !
asda near me wont accept any voucher, and this is from managment
Asda are terrible with stuff they need to work hard for .. I had a ten quid gift card and was on self serve till- it wouldn't accept. Lady comes along, punches number in a couple of times, wouldn't accept - so says to me 'it's empty' to which I disagreed..
Then follows on with..'leave it for now, use it next time'.. She gave up so easily. I tried third time after she swiped her card (to enable me access) and voila. She was probably mistyping cos of the queues etc, but still... I wanted rid of card. Anyway, I digress, and second those above who say speak with a manager and keep that screenshot handy
two points to consider

1. are shops legally obliged to accept coupons? my guess would be no

2. do stores have processes in place to protect their business? my guess woudl be yes!

EliTom
Well just an update folks. Went to Asda Middlebrook. Went through self scan. Coupons went through a dream (mostly supersavvyme ) then when it came to pay they all came off! Anyway assistant said they're having loads of problems with their new 'systems' and it's supposed to have been sorted, then proceeded to put them all through again on an override.. Very apologetic and very helpful two ladies. Well aware of the problems but it's being fixed apparently. Very happy to have got my £23 of shopping down to £7 today
traythegreat

Well just an update folks. Went to Asda Middlebrook. Went through self … Well just an update folks. Went to Asda Middlebrook. Went through self scan. Coupons went through a dream (mostly supersavvyme ) then when it came to pay they all came off! Anyway assistant said they're having loads of problems with their new 'systems' and it's supposed to have been sorted, then proceeded to put them all through again on an override.. Very apologetic and very helpful two ladies. Well aware of the problems but it's being fixed apparently. Very happy to have got my £23 of shopping down to £7 today

so you got double discount then?

did you tell the two very helpful ladies?

EliTom
elitom

so you got double discount then?did you tell the two very helpful … so you got double discount then?did you tell the two very helpful ladies?EliTom

Noooo.. Didn't get double discount. Should have made myself more clear. It was the inconvenience of me scanning the coupons then the till dismissing them at the end so she had to put them all through again.. I got the discount I was expecting as I had vouchers for £14 and my shopping was £21 odd so I paid £7 odd for it. Happy
traythegreat

Noooo.. Didn't get double discount. Should have made myself more clear. … Noooo.. Didn't get double discount. Should have made myself more clear. It was the inconvenience of me scanning the coupons then the till dismissing them at the end so she had to put them all through again.. I got the discount I was expecting as I had vouchers for £14 and my shopping was £21 odd so I paid £7 odd for it. Happy

ah - now I read it again I get it

I always find Asda staff very helpful - they always know exactly where everything is when you ask

EliTom
Original Poster
Phoned customer services said Asda should have taken them
No goodwill gesture for my efforts.
They have to put them through as manufacturer coupons. They scan initially then fail at the checkouts. According to super savvy me this is due to asda upgrading systems. They are meant to be communicating with asda to advise of this. Used some tonight. The girl was curious but did them fine.
traythegreat

Well just an update folks. Went to Asda Middlebrook. Went through self … Well just an update folks. Went to Asda Middlebrook. Went through self scan. Coupons went through a dream (mostly supersavvyme ) then when it came to pay they all came off! Anyway assistant said they're having loads of problems with their new 'systems' and it's supposed to have been sorted, then proceeded to put them all through again on an override.. Very apologetic and very helpful two ladies. Well aware of the problems but it's being fixed apparently. Very happy to have got my £23 of shopping down to £7 today

I had exactly the same issue bused loads is supersavvyme vouchers all valid at asda. Went thru self serve. They came off the balance. Went to pay and it voided them all. I call a staff meme we over (felt highly embarrassed) and they did the same - put them through manually and told me the same thing - they having issues with their systems. So yes to the original OP they should accept these vouchers.
Just used for a second time. Just say you need to manually put as manufacturer coupons and DONT scan them. Saved a fortune especially as many are already on rollbacks
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants