I use a PS3 to listen to music and have tried to pair a bluetooth speaker to it and it doesn't seem to work is there a way to do it?

Found 16th Jul 2015
Pairing a bluetooth speaker to a ps3 so I can listen to it outdoors?
Community Updates
5 Comments
you have to check you've not only added it as a.Bluetooth device but also set the audio settings. don't know if it'll work for sure, but that's what you have to do for 3rd party Bluetooth headsets
longback2

you have to check you've not only added it as a.Bluetooth device but also … you have to check you've not only added it as a.Bluetooth device but also set the audio settings. don't know if it'll work for sure, but that's what you have to do for 3rd party Bluetooth headsets

Thank You... I've been messing around with it for ages and cant get anything but the speaker doubling up as a mic... It doesn't make any sense to me..
I don't think you're able to connect bluetooth speakers to PS3 for music etc. Bluetooth on PS3 is only for chat audio, not for game/media audio. Hence why it's showing up as a microphone I think. If you google "can I connect bluetooth speakers to ps3" you'll see some results of people asking this in different forums and being told the same thing.
dreadzone101

I don't think you're able to connect bluetooth speakers to PS3 for music … I don't think you're able to connect bluetooth speakers to PS3 for music etc. Bluetooth on PS3 is only for chat audio, not for game/media audio. Hence why it's showing up as a microphone I think. If you google "can I connect bluetooth speakers to ps3" you'll see some results of people asking this in different forums and being told the same thing.

Thanks.. .. Just seems so weird that you cant.... Could I run it through a laptop from the PS3?
john2020md

Thanks.. .. Just seems so weird that you cant.... Could I run it through … Thanks.. .. Just seems so weird that you cant.... Could I run it through a laptop from the PS3?

Why not just connect your speakers to laptop and use it to play music instead? Not sure if there's a way to use a laptop to bridge the connection between the speakers and ps3 via bluetooth. The only options for outputting game/media audio from ps3 is via hdmi, rca or optical.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants