I wanna buy this: HP TX2Z TX2 Touchscreen Laptop. Anyone has it is it any good??

5 replies
Found 7th Jul 2009
I am after this touchscreen laptop....does anyone own it if so would you recommend it?

h41112.www4.hp.com/pro…035

5 Comments

It's good, but it gets quite hot.

I loved the one I borrowed, but I thought it'd be better with a Core 2 chip.

Original Poster

Jakg;5681065

It's good, but it gets quite hot.I loved the one I borrowed, but I … It's good, but it gets quite hot.I loved the one I borrowed, but I thought it'd be better with a Core 2 chip.

I read somewhere if you change some of the settings the heat issue goes away..

With windows 7 on it with its support for touchscreen's should be great. Got an HP DV5 with an AMD chip and its great. Only gets hot if you have it on your lap and are covering the fan exhaust slot which is on the bottom left.

I've spent an afternoon in a computer shop, playing with one of the HP all-in-one desktops with touch screen, very nice.
Also I must admit it felt somewhat strange after nearly 12years of using my Wacom graphics tablet in Paint Shop Pro and Windows as a mouse replacement.

If you have the spare dosh, go for it! :thumbsup:

Not all that. Runs hot, battery life is not great with slim battery and the touch screen novelty soon wheres off. Its a jack of all trades, but master of non.

Sold mine on here (older model).

]http//ww…e=2
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition65706
    2. Win an unbelievable Windows Mixed Reality prize pack from Windows Central! …43
    3. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines43
    4. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers44

See more discussions