Groups

I wanna come home now..... stuck in turkey.

I wanna come home and i dont know what to do im sick of this hotel.

Im sat here right now in my turkish 4* all inc hotel booked with comos and its like friggin faulty towers. Problem after problem and im not happy at all. Ive already seen the rep but everyday its something else thats wrong. The hotel i booked is most certainly not what I got and is not ready for guests and I want to come home now. I booked and chose the hotel and now my other half and nephew are moaning and I feel well guilty, i feel like tish tbh.

On going problems....

The food is always luke warm or cold, im on day three and ive never eaten a hot meal in here yet. Every serving is chicken and im sick of it, i keep thinking im gonna drop with food poisoning soon. And who eats chips, roast pototes, or meat pasty for breakfast? at least we got a toaster this morning though. The rep knows about this cold food yet there happy for me to stay here. She said yesterday shes told them to cover it up to keep it warm, but its not covered up at all. Its still cold (even if you arrive when the restuarant first opens) and I wont see the rep again now untill sunday (day before i leave) ive got to give her my complaint by then.

Building and renovations... most of the hotel is being done up and there carrying beds and lamps, drawers etc through the hotel at all times. Also painting, plastering, fitting doors and windows etc loads of builders everywhere, occasional drilling n sawing. Doors in the rooms that are being done up are just left open for anyone to walk in 24/7, with tools and general builders cack everywhere. Theres one on my floor thats been open since i moved here, theres a spade on the floor as you walk in and loads of hanging wires etc. There not building the hotel itself though... thank god.

List of problems ive had....

Not a problem but adds to it... driver of the trransfer bus (on the way to hotel) got done for speeding. Had to sit on bus 30 minutes while he booked him.

First day room number 1 -

No hot water (also started off brown)
    No TV
    No phone cable (the one that connects the phone to the wall)
    Bathroom mirror being held in place with support blocks (like it has been glued in place and there wedging it in)
    wardrobe being held in place with wood blocks (same as above)
    no drinks in mini bar
    room wayyyy smaller than advertised (infact it looked NOTHING like what was advertised)
    dirty floor (white socks turned brown)
    no fire instructions at all (other rooms have these) (god knows if the fire alarm works)
    no bathroom door frame
    no safe

Got moved rooms into a fab room (the best the hotel owner told me) had a shower and then the bathroom flooded (and i mean flooded) i had to mop the friggin floor, told receptionist about this. This was fixed on the second day in this room only because i asked the cleaner for loads of towels.

Hotel manager called me a liar saying there was defo a tv in the room I was given (rep told me this) i have it on video that there was NO tv at all, so well peeved at that.
    no fire instructions in second room either, or a safe or bathroom door frame. Reception staff look at me funny now, they know ive complained and i just get an erie feeling everytime i walk past there and i feel guilty for complaining. You could say this is paranoia but its getting to me now.

Told rep about the problems at the meeting etc, she sent me a gift basket as a sorry for all this etc. The silly cow only went and sent it to my nephews room instead of mine (didnt find this out till day after), havent got a replacement yet and dont think i will.

Now to top it off got left a note (infact i got 6) my room and i assume everyone elses room is being fumigated tomorrow and we cant come in it for an hour. Ive got things all over this room inc kettle tea n coffee toothrbush, shower sponge etc Ive not been told what to move or if at all to remove anything, just get the hell out and stay out.

Went for tea tonight, chicken (again) curry was on.... wasnt hot as usual so left it. Went in local restaurent (theres only 3 here, im in the middle of nowhere) and its just cost us best part of £70 for 3 of us for hot food. I cant afford this and i dont see why the hell i should have to pay for hot food when im all inclusive for gods sake.

I wanna come home now this holiday is crap and is doomed. Im not going to enjoy it now no matter how much i try.

Anyone know the best way to get me hell out of here, ive been here before sorta and it back fired and we ended up booking flights home early. I cannot afford that this time. i dont mind moving hotels or going home early or whatever but i dont wanna call that rep as shes obviously thick as tish.

HELP MEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

31 Comments

Banned

OMG i so feel for you, we went to turkey when little guy was 2, booked for two weeks, we had to pay for flights home afterone week as couldnt stick it any longer, it was awful, the rep was absolutely useless, we did complain when we got back and did get flight money back and a bit extra in compo , so i do feel for you

what resort are u in?
    Have u spoke to the hotel manager rather than the rep? (sorry just read again and can see u have)
    I can speak Turkish and know some of the resorts and hotels well if I can help?

U can book apartments quite cheaply to get away freom there and u should definetley be able to claim back from cosmos as this is apauling...and not the usual standards ive had previously in Turkey....

I would recommend u move accommodation even if u have to pay for it as u shoulf def be compensated for this when u get home. U can get really cheap deals in Turkey on accommodation only, if u let me know what resort ur in I can help u find something.

Otherwise to get a cheap flight home try flythomascook.com or goldtrail.

If I was u id phone the cosmos resort office so u dont need to speak to the same holiday rep and ask to speak to the manager of that resort to see if they can move u rather than u having to pay for it.

least u have internet there!!

Makes me laugh, remember when the sign said Flowery Tw**s

wow feel sorry for you. Persist with the reps, and the send the above to the holiday company in a letter and make sure you chase it up. good luck with it all

Can you forward this to the tour operator?
    Sorry you must be miserable.

Where about's in Turkey are you? I'm off out there in 12 days

Sounds like the holiday from ****........cant you see the rep sooner? or get onto customer services of your holiday company back in the uk

If you've no other funds to leave just accept you're roughing it for now hon and get the wife and kids on side. Set out to make and keep em happy. It doesn't matter where you are so long as you're with the ones you love.

Not trying to minimise your distress, just tellin ya to make a good time out of a bad one.

And make sure you hand in that complaint and keep a copy for yourself

I hope you get home safe and sound soon x x

Banned

it makes me mad that they send tourist to turkey in april/may apparently this is when all work is undertaken on the hotels

Such a shame, I feel for you.

Fingers crossed you don't get killed on the transfer home like I nearly did (hint, keep a VERY close eye on your driver).

The work is meant to be done by May - The holiday season in Turkey is generally May-Oct unfortunatley their laid back nature means things arent always done on time or to schedule however tour ops should not allow their holidaymakers to stay in hotels if they arent ready.

i went to first choice holiday village in tukey last yr for a week, picked up sickness bug, saw ambulance every day at hotel, ppl were on drips in their room food was ok was so open, like snack bars by pool etc

Going to Alanya on Sunday for two weeks.
    Anyone been there?
    Hope we have more luck than some of the horror stories I'm reading here.

intenso100;5140637

i went to first choice holiday village in tukey last yr for a week, … i went to first choice holiday village in tukey last yr for a week, picked up sickness bug, saw ambulance every day at hotel, ppl were on drips in their room food was ok was so open, like snack bars by pool etc

I went there last year for a week and one of my sons had a sickness bug for the later part of the holiday but he was the only one so i'm sure it was just a virus....I'm booked to go there again in 12 days and i'm hoping all goes well this time round as it is a gorgeous place.

sheila-jones;5140663

Going to Alanya on Sunday for two weeks.Anyone been there?Hope we have … Going to Alanya on Sunday for two weeks.Anyone been there?Hope we have more luck than some of the horror stories I'm reading here.

Sorry mate, not good news.

Hoaching full of Germans, food same in every restaurant, very few people speak the English.

Food terrible also.

yummymummy2202;5140713

I went there last year for a week and one of my sons had a sickness bug … I went there last year for a week and one of my sons had a sickness bug for the later part of the holiday but he was the only one so i'm sure it was just a virus....I'm booked to go there again in 12 days and i'm hoping all goes well this time round as it is a gorgeous place.

i was with 6 ppl and 5 of us got it, one man told us his wife was so ill, she couldnt leave hotel room, few guests on drips, was nice place i agree, lots to do on site.ithink was on watchdog about this holiday village, bug was going around at time of me going, august i think, mud baths are gr8 !!
    i drank about 12 bottles of water in about 8 hours,in then out if ug et me,not so nice, but was out and bout within 18 hours, allthough prob 36 b4 i was normal

Original Poster

carol123;5140330

what resort are u in? Have u spoke to the hotel manager rather than the … what resort are u in? Have u spoke to the hotel manager rather than the rep? (sorry just read again and can see u have) I can speak Turkish and know some of the resorts and hotels well if I can help? U can book apartments quite cheaply to get away freom there and u should definetley be able to claim back from cosmos as this is apauling...and not the usual standards ive had previously in Turkey....I would recommend u move accommodation even if u have to pay for it as u shoulf def be compensated for this when u get home. U can get really cheap deals in Turkey on accommodation only, if u let me know what resort ur in I can help u find something.Otherwise to get a cheap flight home try flythomascook.com or goldtrail. If I was u id phone the cosmos resort office so u dont need to speak to the same holiday rep and ask to speak to the manager of that resort to see if they can move u rather than u having to pay for it.

Thank you for this, its nice to know there good people out there. Im in Torba, hotel Izer. It had some great reviews on the net before I booked but they were oldish reviews, i cant wait to put mine on.

Sadly I cannot afford to pay for another appartment i need Cosmos to fix this asap hence me asking on here.. Cosmos website doesnt help me at all. Ive tried the office number in turkey today but no one answers. Tomorrow ill be onto london if i cant get any help from overhere.

Thanx again

intenso100;5140373

least u have internet there!!

yes but its not the hotels, i think its the 5 star from next door. Password is 1234567890 if anyone stays here in the future lol

Im gonna try to get some kip now, if anyone else has any tips please leave them. Thanx for everyones comments just wish I was posting this from back home.

Get photos, get video.

Write down names, dates etc., of everything you ask for or get told.

Get names and addresses of other holidaymakers wh=o can testify to what has happenned.

When you get back take legal advice (Citizen's advice, Which? Legal Helpline [about a tenner for 3 months membership])

And SUE THE SO-AND-SO'S.

This is what I found from the Which? website:

Who is responsible?

No matter how you book your holiday, your contract is with the holiday company that provides and organises your holiday. It is this company’s responsibility to provide the holiday that you ask for, and to sort out any problems you have.

Under the Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992 (PTR) the holiday company is responsible for providing all parts of the holiday as agreed. You have a right to expect:

[LIST=1]
    [*]the holiday you booked or was described to you (for example, if you book a named five-star hotel in Goa for two weeks for specific dates, that’s what you should get),
    [*]the holiday at the price you agreed,
    [*]any details you are given about the holiday are factually correct and not misleading (for example in a holiday brochure or on a company website),
    [*]your holiday accommodation and resort is clean and safe.
    [/LIST]

If your accommodation or resort is not as described to If there is a problem with your holiday accommodation or resort, you can:

[LIST=1]
    [*]Raise your problem as soon as possible with the holiday company’s representative. Explain the problem and give them the opportunity to move you or put things right. Get a complaint form from the representative, fill it in, get the rep to sign it and keep a copy. Take photographs or make notes of the problems in case you need evidence later. Get names and addresses of other holidaymakers who can support you and act as independent witnesses.

[*]If problems are not resolved satisfactorily while you are on holiday, contact your holiday company when you get home. Give details of the problem. Say that the accommodation was not as described to you and that the company has breached the Package Travel Regulations, and its contract with you. Ask for compensation to cover your loss of enjoyment. (see sample letters on the next page).

[*]If you are not happy with its response send a ‘final letter before action’ stating that if things aren't resolved you will take the matter to an independent arbitration scheme (such as the Abta scheme), or the small claims court. See our guide to taking a dispute to the small claims court for more about this.
    [/LIST]

If things aren't resolved, take your case to the small claims court or to arbitration.you, the law says that the holiday company must offer you a suitable alternative. If it really can't provide anything that is remotely close to what you had paid for, it should offer to fly you home.

You can claim compensation for:

[LIST=1]
    [*]‘loss of bargain’ (the difference in value between what you booked and what you got),
    [*]out-of-pocket expenses, and
    [*]loss of enjoyment, or inconvenience or disappointment.
    [/LIST]

To complain effectively:

[LIST=1]
    [*]Raise your problem as soon as possible with the holiday company’s representative. Explain the problem and give them the opportunity to move you or put things right. Get a complaint form from the representative, fill it in, get the rep to sign it and keep a copy.

[*]Take photographs or make notes of the problems in case you need evidence later. Get names and addresses of other holidaymakers who can support you and act as independent witnesses.

[*]If problems are not resolved satisfactorily while you are on holiday, contact your holiday company when you get home. Give details of the problem. Say that the accommodation was not as described to you and that the company has breached the Package Travel Regulations, and its contract with you. Ask for compensation to cover your loss of enjoyment. (see sample letters on the next page).

[*]If you are not happy with its response send a ‘final letter before action’ stating that if things aren't resolved you will take the matter to an independent arbitration scheme (such as the Abta scheme), or the small claims court.
    [/LIST]

Find out more here:

which.co.uk/adv…jsp

If things aren't resolved, take your case to the small claims court or to arbitration. It's a relatively simple process. See more here:

hmcourts-service.gov.uk/inf…htm

intenso100;5140752

i was with 6 ppl and 5 of us got it, one man told us his wife was so ill, … i was with 6 ppl and 5 of us got it, one man told us his wife was so ill, she couldnt leave hotel room, few guests on drips, was nice place i agree, lots to do on site.ithink was on watchdog about this holiday village, bug was going around at time of me going, august i think, mud baths are gr8 !!i drank about 12 bottles of water in about 8 hours,in then out if ug et me,not so nice, but was out and bout within 18 hours, allthough prob 36 b4 i was normal

Not so good when something like that spoils your holiday. It was early July when we went and the temperature was unbearable for my younger 2 boys as it was in the high 40s. I thought at first that is what made my son so ill, but after reading up it was probably the virus. Luckily I had taken re-hydrate sachets & paracetamol etc with me so I had to keep forcing him to take them. Hopefully this time round there is no virus in the village and we all have a great time as it is the last holiday we will have in a while.

yummymummy2202;5140947

Not so good when something like that spoils your holiday. It was early … Not so good when something like that spoils your holiday. It was early July when we went and the temperature was unbearable for my younger 2 boys as it was in the high 40s. I thought at first that is what made my son so ill, but after reading up it was probably the virus. Luckily I had taken re-hydrate sachets & paracetamol etc with me so I had to keep forcing him to take them. Hopefully this time round there is no virus in the village and we all have a great time as it is the last holiday we will have in a while.

yer i hope u do, im sure u will, have fun!

I had the same sort of problem when i went to antigua a few years ago, hotel was like something out of the flinstones, like they had build it out of a concrete jelly mould, room wasnt big enough to put 2 suitcases by the bed, food was unedible, noisy, bathroom was disgusting etc,

I spoke to the rep and he wouldnt do a thing, so i just sat in reception for about 4 hours refusing to go to my room, everytime he walked past i shouted at him "IM NOT STAYING HERE", i was adamant that i wasnt going to get fobbed off, in the end he called me into his office and told me "as a one off" they were moving us to a different hotel, ended up in a 5 star all inclusive:), just talk to the rep and tell him you want to be moved and dont let them fob you off, good luck, i hope something good happens for you:thumbsup:

intenso100;5140637

i went to first choice holiday village in tukey last yr for a week, … i went to first choice holiday village in tukey last yr for a week, picked up sickness bug, saw ambulance every day at hotel, ppl were on drips in their room food was ok was so open, like snack bars by pool etc

Intenso100 that is such a freaky avatar!

OP...I hope you get it all sorted x

Banned

spend rest of holiday collecting evidence on camera or video
    but its raining and windy this weekend in uk so make most of it sunbathe swim and rattle them headboards
    think of it as a health club you may lose a few pounds
    get out n about try and feel happy laugh at all things going wrong then when you get home really go for travel company and hotel
    put vids on youtube and complain on every holiday review site available
    it may be bad but its got to be a dam site better than being home

did you get any info before you left that there was ongoing work?
    i used to work for a big hol company and my advice would be to take as many pics as poss to back up your complaint, get names and adresses of other holidaymakers who are also complaining as evidence and once home put everything down in writing to the company, remember to get the name of the rep who is dealing with you.
    if the company told you of work before you left then i dont think you have a case however i would cetainly pursue the complaint as far as you can and then if still not resolved contact ombudsman

sorry to hear your holiday is so bad

o crap what a horrid holiday :-(

Hope u had a good nights rest and have made your plan of action for today I thinnk u should try enjoiy ur holiday as much as u can as herewego says the horrible here is shockingly bad so at leats you'll have sunshine and a holiday atmosphere around u at least.
    Dont however let this drop, continue to do what ur doing and complain. If they do eventually move u then would it be worth the upheaval or would u maybe be better staying put - log all your complaints in resort and fight for your money back when u get home? If u get moved to a better hotel for eg you probably wouldnt get any compensation (or not much at least) and uve already lost out on a few days of your holiday.
    I dont think u said how long your there for but if its only a week if consider staying where u are, if its 2 weeks and ur just at the start of ur holiday then see what options there are to be moved.

If u are staying put, get urself into Bodrum rather than sticking around the Torba area as there will be more to do in Bodrum itself...including more places to eat out etc. U should have to pay as much as u did for a meal in a restuarant, thats shockingly expensive for Turkey (or anywhere).

Your hotel seems to have brill reviews online as uve said - goes to proove how u cannot relay on reviews - the hotel is clearly not fully up and running as they should be so any disbute u have with cosmos, they will despute with the hotel manager as its his fault really. But Cosmos should be more compassionate with their own customers!

Really hope ur feelign better today and have managed to get a result from this matter.

Iyi Sanslar -Good luck - Carolx

Jumpingphil;5141198

Didn't he like your humour?

Nah, he heard you were the next pick up and driving off a cliff seemed like the better thing to do.

Original Poster

Thank you for all your help and advice, im home now. I rang the rep the next day (4th day) and asked to be moved. We had to pay £25 each to move hotels plus our own taxi. The hotel we moved to to had much better food, however i ended up with a worse view and a worse room than before. I guess you cant have everything. Im now going to be sending them a letter asking for half the holiday money back plus the expenses and i think ill also ask for some compensation aswell.

Thanx again

Turkey is a nasty place anyway, would never go back there !!

Banned

ChrisUK;5188945

Turkey is a nasty place anyway, would never go back there !!

hmmm i went to the bast all inclusive i have been to last year on Lara beach. It was stunning and the kids and adults were well catered for-no complaints!

Good luck with your complaint tho and dont accept the first offer!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Baby seat hiring car abroad23
      2. How to rejoin BT as New Customer when already with them?23
      3. Hamburg at christmas22
      4. Biscuit addiction1645

See more discussions