Groups

I want a baby - any tips on how to conceive quickly?

We're trying for a baby. but I've had enough of the trying lark (well, the trying is fun, but the disappointment isn't) and I want to get pregnant now!! Apart from the obvious (at it like rabbits) does anyone have any advice for us?

(MOD Edit : Please keep it clean, thanks)

78 Comments

sleep around .... but of course the father can't be guaranteed.

Rhythm method in reverse!!
    Good luck.

:thumbsup:use a cork after

Ahhhh! No advice just to wish you good luck!

When you've finished lay on your back and prop ya bum up on a pillow... gravity is your friend here.

I presume you've worked out your cycle and all that, so you know when the best time to be at it is?

Liddle ol' me;4379447

sleep around .... but of course the father can't be guaranteed.

lol!

I have read somewhere that you are more likely to get preggers at certain times after your period or something like that?
    Or that may be when the woman is most horny??
    cant remember, just stick to the cork

if u post pics of urself naked on one leg with a spoon in ur mouth ill b able to assess what is the best way of gettin pregnant for u.

i did this for boris johnson also, it worked

think you will find the 1st thing you are doing wrong is doing it like rabbit's, while watching gmtv, that dock on there said a day gap is the best thing to build up the old bank again,

the woman has to have an O .............. ;-)

you ovulate 14 days before each of your period arrives.
    You should not be at it like rabbits or it makes his swimmers weak.
    You should begun nookie every other day from cycle day 11 and carry on until cycle day 16 or 17.
    Early morning his swimmers are at their strongest.
    missionary position and a pillow under your bum, stay in that position for 20 mins after nookie.

Zinc suppliments are very good to boast spermies.

feel free to pm me if you have anymore questions.

between days 10 and 14 I think u are more fertile and "afterwards" put ur legd up against a wall :lol: Not very lady like but as chipsticks said - gravity is ur friend ;-)
    Good luck hun:thumbsup:

owlass;4379559

the woman has to have an O .............. ;-)

I was trying to think of a polite way of putting that, well done lol

a baby isnt just for christmas

- boris johnson

will this be your 1st kid ?, what i mean is your fella aint a jaffa is he or you dont have any problems (not being nasty - just aint sure if u haven had kids already or if you have been trying for ages)

If you have a normal 28 day cycle you should ovulate around day 14 ( day 1 is the first day of your period ) so you are most fertile around days 10 to 14.

If your cycle is longer/shorter than 28 days generally you should still ovulate 14 days before each period.

If you have sex roughly every day or every other day during this "most fertile" time, you should have a maximum chance of achieving pregnancy each month. ( Generally the maximum chance of achieving pregnancy per month even with everything else in place is something like 1 in 5 so dont be too worried if it doesn't happen instantly)

If you lay on your back with your hips raised for ten minutes or more after sex it helps bathe the cervix in semen. ( You can buy "fertility pillows designed just for this )

If you are in your 20's I would give it at least a year of trying before you get worried enough to see a doctor. In your 30's, 6 months. The doctor will probably just want to run some basic blood tests etc.

Look into beginning to chart your temperature each day ( if you become pregnant your temperature will rise slightly at ovulation and stay higher ) and to test your cervical mucus between your thumb and forefinger to become more aware of your body and its changes. When you at at your most fertile your cervix should feel low and soft within you, you should be able to reach it with your fingers once you get used to examining yourself.

Most importantly *avoid all stress* try and forget you are trying to conceive a child and just enjoy the intimacy with your partner. Many people find once they STOP actually *trying* they conceive easily.

Have you considered using ovulation predictor kits? You can get them right beside the pregnancy tests in any chemist. They work in a similar way to a pregnancy test and will show you when you are just about to ovulate ( release an egg ) so you have prior warning and can seduce your partner accordingly...

Can you tell I've done this before? lol

Good luck with trying and I wish for you a healthy happy baby x x

P.S. remember your folic acid!

There are LOADS of really healpful sites on the internet for women trying to conceive so you dont drive your partner wild with the disappointments and ups and downs that are inherent in this.

Baby dust to you x x x

nikkib123;4379640

Rough sex!!

ooops, well that wasn't quite what I meant to say but.. whatever rocks your boat :-D

:giggle:

nikkib123;4379686

Ha ha :-D

ClarityofMind;4379661

ooops, well that wasn't quite what I meant to say but.. whatever rocks … ooops, well that wasn't quite what I meant to say but.. whatever rocks your boat :-D

It certainly will 'rock' the boat if the conditions are rough :?

Just forget about getting pregnant and enjoy the sex for what it is. It will happen in its own time and if you spend your time worrying about get pregnant your partner is gonna think thats all you want him for which causes more strain.

Banned

tess how long have you been trying?

mrgooboo;4379795

Just forget about getting pregnant and enjoy the sex for what it is. It … Just forget about getting pregnant and enjoy the sex for what it is. It will happen in its own time and if you spend your time worrying about get pregnant your partner is gonna think thats all you want him for which causes more strain.

I agree, that's what we did and i got pregnant almost straight away

mrgooboo;4379795

Just forget about getting pregnant and enjoy the sex for what it is. It … Just forget about getting pregnant and enjoy the sex for what it is. It will happen in its own time and if you spend your time worrying about get pregnant your partner is gonna think thats all you want him for which causes more strain.

Yes, when my husband would see that I was disappointed when I didn't conceive he would feel bad for not having made me pregnant and it made him feel self-conscious when we made love and caused all kinds of difficulties for him.

Was way easier when I pulled the pressure off him by just not telling him I was still trying!!!!.. lol

Got my support from friends and the net and he was cock a hoop when we conceived :-D

"My sperm are SO wonderful.. we weren't even trying!!"

"Yes, dear, you're so great" :-D

I once took a woman out for a date, I wined and dined her, spent £65 on her (!).
    Afterwards I asked her if we could have a bit of hanky panky and she replied; ''I cant, I am on my menstrual cycle'' I said, ''Thats fine, I will follow you on my Honda''

skusey;4380051

I once took a woman out for a date, I wined and dined her, spent £65 on … I once took a woman out for a date, I wined and dined her, spent £65 on her (!).Afterwards I asked her if we could have a bit of hanky panky and she replied; ''I cant, I am on my menstrual cycle'' I said, ''Thats fine, I will follow you on my Honda''

lol!

how do you have hanky panky if you're in/on different vehicles? :-D

ClarityofMind;4380067

lol!how do you have hanky panky if you're in/on different vehicles? :-D

nothing like a good ride:thumbsup:
    mine was a honda CB250, she had an Itchyfanny 500.

skusey;4380096

nothing like a good ride:thumbsup:mine was a honda CB250, she had an … nothing like a good ride:thumbsup:mine was a honda CB250, she had an Itchyfanny 500.

pmsl! what was 500 about it?? revolutions per minute? :-D

k, i have 6 kids n i'm only 30, fancy a go??

DudeyGeeza;4380183

k, i have 6 kids n i'm only 30, fancy a go??

Bloody hell, have you got a tv?

skusey;4380207

Bloody hell, have you got a tv?

lol... if he does it isnt coronation street he's watching :giggle:

skusey;4380096

nothing like a good ride:thumbsup:mine was a honda CB250, she had an … nothing like a good ride:thumbsup:mine was a honda CB250, she had an Itchyfanny 500.

so much for keeping it clean! excuse the pun!:thumbsup:

Punkytiptop;4380748

so much for keeping it clean! excuse the pun!:thumbsup:

you mean his honda was dirty? :-D

Get your hubby to wear loose fitting trousers and underwear - testicles need to be slightly cooler than the rest of the body.....
    Boxer shorts are better than briefs...

i used an online ovulation calender which was helpfull if not 100 % accurate... and bum in the air afterwards! its worked twice for me... and dont put pressure on you both! it will happen when u least expect it.... but as ur so impatient ( i was to!!) i would buy loads of pregnancys tests in ready.....

put your legs in the air afterwards x

You've got lots of good advice so far on upping your chances.

However if you're getting on in years (sorry don't know you or age at all!!) I'd not wait the year or so of trying before seeing a GP for fertility checks. Time is precious. Go sooner, and plead your case. My friend got prescribed ovulation strips to check when she ovulated and preg tests in batches...

good luck and the main thing is to try and relax and have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!

(why not trying out some of those fantasies ;-))

Original Poster

Thanks everyone for the advice

We've only been trying since Christmas which I know isn't that long really, but I'm 39 and the clock isn't only ticking, it's winding down! I also was diagnosed with PCOS about 14 years ago, don't know if I'm still affected as my cycles have become more regular but I have other symptoms.

I have bought OPKs, and am charting my cycle with a BBT, and I a shoving a pillow under my backside afterwards - it's quite nice, hubby tucks me in and makes sure I'm cosy now instead of grunt, roll over and snore!

We had read on a website that an O changes the acidity and it's bes TO abstain, so I've been holding back ever since, at leasT until after ovulation. We do enjoy the whole trying bit of it, but now that we are finally trying I feel a bit panicky that it might not happen at all. I know it's not been long, but everyone I see is pregnant, there are babies everywhere and I need one now too!!

Original Poster

Bah, I can't give out any more rep for another 24 hours but I will revisit this thread tomorrow and rep everyone who has been helpful.
    Ace I should also have that naked picture of me with a spoon in my mouth for then

since christmas!!

.....i haven't' even changed my sheets since then :roll:

having an O is good , ya female doodaa sucks up the good stuff ;-)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Swarovski styling mirror from Hadleigh.11
      2. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1145
      3. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64556
      4. Win Swarovski earrings with OK magazine11

See more discussions