Groups

I want a new car.

No one mention the ST.

These are my specifications:
    - Brand new/vaguely new
    - Small(ish), otherwise I'll reverse it into walls even more frequently than my current car and I won't be able to fit it in a parking space
    - 1.4 or above
    - Not more than about £7000
    - Shiny

Suggestions please?

53 Comments

no comments in 6 minutes...you're slipping, therefore I offer a sympathy first post

If you can't drive a fiesta then you obviously need more of a smaller car, a G wiz would be small enough to park and reverse.

Original Poster

numptyj;8724850

no comments in 6 minutes...you're slipping, therefore I offer a sympathy … no comments in 6 minutes...you're slipping, therefore I offer a sympathy first post

Don't think this thread offers enough opportunity for bitching so I wouldn't expect a very good response

faevilangel;8724851

If you can't drive a fiesta then you obviously need more of a smaller … If you can't drive a fiesta then you obviously need more of a smaller car, a G wiz would be small enough to park and reverse.

Oh.

Maybe I should just get a pair of rollerskates?

casparwhite;8724865

mini 3 year old or so

Couldn't find any in my area under 10k which hadn't done excessive miles the other day, maybe I'll keep looking.

Maybe I shall rep you for actually being useful for once.

angelfairee;8724893

Don't think this thread offers enough opportunity for bitching so I … Don't think this thread offers enough opportunity for bitching so I wouldn't expect a very good response

theres always room for bitching in the misk!

angelfairee;8724893

Oh.Maybe I should just get a pair of rollerskates?

Haha You would be lethal on them :w00t:

Banned

what area you live in?

bristol was it

currently looking for car for my gf

Original Poster

numptyj;8724921

theres always room for bitching in the misk!

Find me some little cars or go and play in the road!

faevilangel;8724924

Haha You would be lethal on them :w00t:

I don't really want any broken bones, I think I'll give them a miss. It's not that my car is too big either, I just want a new car. And I just love reversing into walls for fun.

casparwhite;8724927

what area you live in?bristol was itcurrently looking for car for my gf

I wish you wouldn't call me that.

Would rather not have to travel as far as Bristol, Gloucester area is better. Wasn't looking to use you as my personal car finder anyway, just looking for suggestions of models but thank you.

Banned

http://www.topgear.com/uk/assets/cms/3d0ffeb4-b5d2-4373-939a-e9146384bade/Large%20Image.jpg

might be able to park that in an extra large slot if you are careful

angelfairee;8724955

Would rather not have to travel as far as Bristol, Gloucester area is … Would rather not have to travel as far as Bristol, Gloucester area is better. Wasn't looking to use you as my personal car finder anyway, just looking for suggestions of models but thank you.

Gloucester is just full of chav citroen saxo's :whistling:

Go down the peugot garage behind ATS, they got a few 206 and 207's for your budget :thumbsup:

Banned

i wasnt offering i was just wondering which area didnt have minis available for around 7 grand:)

im looking in australia and prices of small cars are ridiculous compared with here

Original Poster

faevilangel;8724971

Gloucester is just full of chav citroen saxo's :whistling:Go down the … Gloucester is just full of chav citroen saxo's :whistling:Go down the peugot garage behind ATS, they got a few 206 and 207's for your budget :thumbsup:

I have a long list of 'I don't want one of those'...'s and Peugeot's are on it. I don't live where you live anymore either! I think you'll find Gloucester is full of the most upstanding members of the community that you're ever likely to meet!

casparwhite;8724981

i wasnt offering i was just wondering which area didnt have minis … i wasnt offering i was just wondering which area didnt have minis available for around 7 grand:)

There is a couple around here but most are high mileage... Being out in the sticks means people put a lot of miles in the cars

how about the VW Polo? should get a fairly new one with low miles for 7k

[IMG]pictures2.autotrader.co.uk/img…dia?id=1157613555[/IMG]

Original Poster

casparwhite;8724981

i wasnt offering i was just wondering which area didnt have minis … i wasnt offering i was just wondering which area didnt have minis available for around 7 grand:)

It's not that there aren't any, just that the ones around that price range have usually done quite a lot of miles. I'd love a Mini but I'd want one with lower mileage and I'm trying to restrict my spending so they might have to go out the window.

Banned

faevilangel;8724986

There is a couple around here but most are high mileage... Being out in … There is a couple around here but most are high mileage... Being out in the sticks means people put a lot of miles in the cars

not neccesarily but i know what you mean

a train journey away.....sometimes you have to travel a little further afield for the right car whats an hour on the train?

angelfairee;8724983

I have a long list of 'I don't want one of those'...'s and Peugeot's are … I have a long list of 'I don't want one of those'...'s and Peugeot's are on it. I don't live where you live anymore either! I think you'll find Gloucester is full of the most upstanding members of the community that you're ever likely to meet!

hahahaha you drunk? Gloucester is as bad as swindon for chavs.

I would say go for a Colt as they are small and nippy, and reliable. There are quite a few at the garage on stratton road.

You deserted the town? Bout bloody time

Original Poster

casparwhite;8724999

not neccesarily but i know what you meana train journey … not neccesarily but i know what you meana train journey away.....sometimes you have to travel a little further afield for the right car whats an hour on the train?

If it comes to that then I don't mind travelling further but at the moment was just looking for ideas for little cars.

casparwhite;8724999

not neccesarily but i know what you meana train journey … not neccesarily but i know what you meana train journey away.....sometimes you have to travel a little further afield for the right car whats an hour on the train?

Birmingham, London in an hour and a half.

I know what ya mean, you can't find a decent car sat on your butt, you need to go out and look.

Original Poster

jubbyme;8724964

might be able to park that in an extra large slot if you are careful

I could still reverse it into a wall though!

faevilangel;8725003

hahahaha you drunk? Gloucester is as bad as swindon for chavs.I would say … hahahaha you drunk? Gloucester is as bad as swindon for chavs.I would say go for a Colt as they are small and nippy, and reliable. There are quite a few at the garage on stratton road.You deserted the town? Bout bloody time

I might still be drunk, difficult to say really

I will keep an eye out for a Colt then, though they look a bit massive for a little car. Maybe I should put my glasses on.

Over 500 people in The Rock last night! I didn't even know there were that many people in the whole of the town.

Banned

My wife is loaded she won't be buy me any new clothes, a car or a new motorbike...who do I report her to? this is domestic abuse isn't it?

angelfairee;8725032

I might still be drunk, difficult to say really :pI will keep an eye out … I might still be drunk, difficult to say really :pI will keep an eye out for a Colt then, though they look a bit massive for a little car. Maybe I should put my glasses on.Over 500 people in The Rock last night! I didn't even know there were that many people in the whole of the town.

Pah the rock is always full, but I try not to go in there.

Colts aren't as big as they look and are quite cheap compared to fiesta's and polo's

Original Poster

lumoruk;8725046

My wife is loaded she won't be buy me any new clothes, a car or a new … My wife is loaded she won't be buy me any new clothes, a car or a new motorbike...who do I report her to? this is domestic abuse isn't it?

She can't afford to buy you AND her lover all those things, you've just come last in the list of priorities I'm afraid.

faevilangel;8725050

Pah the rock is always full, but I try not to go in there.Colts aren't as … Pah the rock is always full, but I try not to go in there.Colts aren't as big as they look and are quite cheap compared to fiesta's and polo's

No it's not! It's been pretty quiet the past few weeks...not that I've been there...:whistling:

angelfairee;8725064

No it's not! It's been pretty quiet the past few weeks...not that I've … No it's not! It's been pretty quiet the past few weeks...not that I've been there...:whistling:

Everytime I have been in there, it has been packed... Not been in 3 months though.

Met a few nice chicks in there though :whistling: Ciren is great for getting a posh bird :-D

angelfairee;8725064

These are my specifications:- Brand new/vaguely new- Small(ish), … These are my specifications:- Brand new/vaguely new- Small(ish), otherwise I'll reverse it into walls even more frequently than my current car and I won't be able to fit it in a parking space- 1.4 or above- Not more than about £7000- ShinySuggestions please?

This fits the bill perfectly....just go and buy it.

http://i.treehugger.com/files/th_images/viewmedia_1.jpg

Otherwise
    Honda Jazz is good small car

Original Poster

Marina;8725131

This fits the bill perfectly....just go and buy it.OtherwiseHonda Jazz is … This fits the bill perfectly....just go and buy it.OtherwiseHonda Jazz is good small car

What the hell is that?! I want it. Looks like a rollerskate.

angelfairee;8725148

What the hell is that?! I want it. Looks like a rollerskate.

Dunno, thought it was a car.... You need to print the pic and take to a few showrooms and ask if they have it......if no luck look in Argos catalogue under rollerskates

http://www.gpi.com.au/alsa/Gallery/photos/chrome_car_L.jpg

Shiny enough????

Original Poster

Marina;8725177

Dunno, thought it was a car.... You need to print the pic and take to a … Dunno, thought it was a car.... You need to print the pic and take to a few showrooms and ask if they have it......if no luck look in Argos catalogue under rollerskates

Haha. Well...thanks for the advice Marina :?

Naeem786;8725194

Shiny enough????

No! MORE shiny.

chesso;8725207

Can't go wrong with a nice little … Can't go wrong with a nice little Yaris.:-Dhttp://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201018358419019/sort/pricedesc/usedcars/price-to/7000/engine-size-cars/1-4l_to_1-6l/model/yaris/make/toyota/radius/60/postcode/gl524ws/page/1?logcode=p

Thanks Chesso, do you have one?

So far I've got:
    Toyota Yaris
    VW Polo
    Mini
    Strange rollerskate car
    Mitsubishi Colt

angelfairee;8725274

Thanks Chesso, do you have one?So far I've got:Toyota YarisVW … Thanks Chesso, do you have one?So far I've got:Toyota YarisVW PoloMiniStrange rollerskate carMitsubishi Colt

Yes, I have the 1.4 GLS automatic :-D Totally reliable and a very easy drive.

i bought myself, no rephrase that , my hubs bought me a car in january. He needed our car to for work as he now works further away. I needed a little nip, cheap to run, family type care for things like, school runs, shopping and work. All within a few miles.. so i dont need power. I ended up buying the one i hated!! but when i got in i loved it. Its high ( which i like ) 1.2, im not keen on the shape and my mates take the pee BUT i put 30quid petrol in a MONTH! yes a month! LOL it runs on fresh air! hahah

angelfairee;8725274

Haha. Well...thanks for the advice Marina :?So far I've got:Toyota … Haha. Well...thanks for the advice Marina :?So far I've got:Toyota YarisVW PoloMiniStrange rollerskate carMitsubishi Colt

Pay attention Angel, I said Honda Jazz too!

Original Poster

chesso;8725305

Yes, I have the 1.4 GLS automatic :-D Totally reliable and a very easy … Yes, I have the 1.4 GLS automatic :-D Totally reliable and a very easy drive.

Ever reversed it into a wall?! Can you park it ok?!

pcnutta;8725317

i bought myself, no rephrase that , my hubs bought me a car in january. … i bought myself, no rephrase that , my hubs bought me a car in january. He needed our car to for work as he now works further away. I needed a little nip, cheap to run, family type care for things like, school runs, shopping and work. All within a few miles.. so i dont need power. I ended up buying the one i hated!! but when i got in i loved it. Its high ( which i like ) 1.2, im not keen on the shape and my mates take the pee BUT i put 30quid petrol in a MONTH! yes a month! LOL it runs on fresh air! hahah

What car is it?

Marina;8725334

Pay attention Angel, I said Honda Jazz too!

Schwoops, sorry! I was too overwhelmed by the rollerskate car.

New corsa or new shape ka or even old shape clio cud get a 57plate forbthat I imagine and they look nicer than the new shaped clios imo

angelfairee;8725363

Ever reversed it into a wall?! Can you park it ok?!

No, I haven't ever reversed anything at all into a wall, or indeed had any sort of scrape! :-D
    Yes, it's very parkable.:thumbsup:

bmw 6 series

/thread

have you reversed your st into a wall?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.1421
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764447
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …11
      4. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?1645

See more discussions