I want speakers for my TV?

0 replies
Found 11th Aug 2006
I have a JVC 28" TV JVC AV-28T5SK with Pro Logic Dolby surround sound.
I want to install some speakers to improve the sound. There are connections for suround sound speakers which are the type bare wires go in and so I have plugged a couple of speakers I had into those (wharfdate ones that came with my Pace MS1000 machine I no longer use) as they used the bare wire connections as well. At the moment I can't hear anything through those, probably because I haven't watched anything with surround sound yet?

Anyway I mainly want to plug in a couple of left/right speakers in now to possibly improve hearing spoken sounds but the connectors at the back of the TV look like [SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]RCA Connectors (?). I have two more speakers (wharfdale again) that use the bare wire connectors but can I buy cables with bare wire on one side and rca conectors on the other? Alternatively I am happy to buy some cheapish speakers if I need to.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]My stereo is fairly cheap and there aren't any connectors in the speakers as they plug straight into the stereo again bare wire connectors so I don't think that is any use? [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2](I have some amazon vouchers so if there is anything there I can use then all the better)[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Sorry for rambling, but I am a novice with this.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Any advice? [/SIZE][/FONT]

Post a comment
    Top Discussions
    1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…18226646
    2. Highway code and use of indicators (or lack thereof)4176
    3. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?993251
    4. word association Game74244916

    See more discussions