Expired

I want to buy a PHABLET - ideally 6" to 7 " with Dual Sim facility. Ideally circa £60 ish . There are a whole raft of them for sale around this price on Ebay/Amazon. mazon. Has anybody here bought one and used for a resonable length of time an

24 replies
Found 1st Dec 2014
Has anybody had one and been genuinely pleased and had no unresolvable problems. Ideally a UK supplied one. Am i being too hopeful. Every review I read seems to have some major downside. Any help and guidance appreciated.

24 Comments

doesn't sound right. far too cheap to be true.

can you post a link to amazon?

Original Poster

amazon.co.uk/Goo…WJB

This is one of many just go on AMazon and search for phablet

you're being way too hopeful.

dual core, JB, 512mb of ram, 4GB rom. (tbf the screen resolution isn't horrible but again isn't amazing), 2500mah battery

all things against it.

£60 wont get you a particulary good phone, let alone this.

Bottom end budget I would say look at the EE and vodafone branded tablets just released. About £120 i think, but would be much better than this.

Bobef90

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Google-Android-Tablet-Dual-Core-Phablet/dp/B00HE4RHV0/ref=pd_sim_computers_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=19ERBDHMJMAYVVKYGWJBThis is one of many just go on AMazon and search for phablet

sounds like a dodgy chinese phone. i doubt if it will even make calls properly, let alone the tablet function.

Original Poster

I have an ipad and a Nokia 1020.

I particularly want a 'Phablet' so that I can use it with a free sim card that I have. This gives me data and calls on top of my normal phone allowance. It is primarily for the train in the mornings.

I know that at that price nothing will excel but was hoping for something that might fill my needs without major drawbacks.

But I appreciate all comments.

Thanks

if you want a phablet, you need to pay for it. you'll just be wasting money on these cheap chinese imports. it'll be 60 quid down the drain.

vodafone smart tab

Screen: 8" IPS WXGA (1280 x 800 pixels)
Camera: Rear 5MP, Front Facing: 2MP
Platform (OS): Android KK 4.4
Chipset: MSM8916
Memory: 1GB RAM /8GB ROM
Supports microSD up to 64GB
Battery Capacity : 4060 mAh
Networks: GSM/EDGE/3G/4G/HSPA+/LTE
Features: Wifi b/g/n, BT 4.0
Colour: Black
Dimensions: 209 * 123 * 7.99mm
Weight: 327 g
Box content: Charger, USB data cable, QSG

£125

alcatel one pop 7s
gsmarena.com/alc…php

£100.

Much much better for just a smidge more. Not world beaters, but you wont hate yourself for buying them
Edited by: "doncoop" 1st Dec 2014

my father in law bought one of these pieces of junk

sound stopped working after 2 weeks, battery lasted about 30 mins with extended use, and a host of other issues as well

i actually laughed at him when he told me he had ordered it, told him he would regret it...safe to say..he regrets it

Original Poster

Both look well worth considering - I'd not heard of either of them before. . Thanks

Original Poster

Cheers

Can they all be rubbish?

I didn't realise "Phablet" meant phone / tablet... Now I do...

£60 is not enough. At least double.

Unlocked and with dual SIM... I think those are features that raise the bar even more.

Motorola G Gen 2 only 5 inch screen but dual sim and superb everything else (bar the camera)

you can get a 7 inch fonepad for £80+ tcb from BT Store (refurb) or from Amazon.it new from 99Euro (also about £80)

sorry bt OOS. heres the other one

amazon.it/Asu…pad
Edited by: "espirit77" 1st Dec 2014

Original Poster

Thanks @Espirit77 ordered from AMazon Italy.

Thank you very much. Just what I was looking for if not better.

Bobef90

Thanks @Espirit77 ordered from AMazon Italy.Thank you very much. … Thanks @Espirit77 ordered from AMazon Italy.Thank you very much. Just what I was looking for if not better.

great!

Original Poster

Oh and I hope I complete the order OK as my Italian isn't good.
IN FACT it's non-existent.

I would like to get one 'Dom Joly' Sized - for walking around and shouting in if possible ?

If you can drop to a 5" then I recommend the DG310 same spec almost as the Moto and only £57 . I'm using one now!

Original Poster

Thanks pat615m already sorted but input appreciated

Bobef90

Oh and I hope I complete the order OK as my Italian isn't good.IN FACT … Oh and I hope I complete the order OK as my Italian isn't good.IN FACT it's non-existent.

You can view page in Chrome and it translates for you (for future reference)

pat915m

If you can drop to a 5" then I recommend the DG310 same spec almost as … If you can drop to a 5" then I recommend the DG310 same spec almost as the Moto and only £57 . I'm using one now!

dont these have spyware? (being serious)....

Original Poster

You never know - but spying on my life could be injurious to heath - the boredom and banality !!!

espirit77

dont these have spyware? (being serious)....

We've been here before :-) this one didn't have any spyware but my previous ones from china had.

pat915m

We've been here before :-) this one didn't have any spyware but my … We've been here before :-) this one didn't have any spyware but my previous ones from china had.

oh yea, hahaha - brain like a sieve
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What do you see?2836
    2. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604807
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322860
    4. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…47103

See more discussions