I want to give away a cat

Found 31st Jul
Hi,

One of my neighbours used to have this cat. Its so cute and well trained. They moved out from their house last November. I don't know but may be they left their cat behind or the cat came back as they do remember their home. This cat started coming in our back garden, used to come and sit in front of our door. I started feeding him like milk or cat food. Since then he is in our house.

I don't know what vaccinations do I have to give and to be honest I can't afford the vets. I contacted RSPCA but they said they can't take it if the cat is healthy. I don't want to leave it the same way it was left.

Any suggestion on this please?
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
It's not your cat to give away.
16 Comments
Has the cat been micro chipped??
Nixxy's point should also have been asked by the RSPCA. Any vet or Pet shop can check - almost certainly for free

Talk to the estate agents. They will have the new address or the solicitor details to pass on a letter.

Animals have been known to wander home. The owners may well be worried about it

If the owners intended to abandon it, go back to the RSPCA and report the owners as having abandoned an animal
Edited by: "ccnp" 31st Jul
Its great that you are being kind to the cat but giving it milk might make it ill.

Try searching for your local cat rescue centre, maybe your local vet could help or phone the pdsa they will give you the best advice.
Shoo it away and don't look back. It is not your responsibility, and a cat will soon move on and find another household to sponge off.
Sell it to your local friendly take-away.
It's not your cat to give away.
coys671 h, 51 m ago

Its great that you are being kind to the cat but giving it milk might make …Its great that you are being kind to the cat but giving it milk might make it ill.Try searching for your local cat rescue centre, maybe your local vet could help or phone the pdsa they will give you the best advice.

+1

milk is toxic for cats
Are you two thinking along similar lines?

tempt1 h, 23 m ago

Sell it to your local friendly take-away.

Niixxxy2 h, 23 m ago

Has the cat been micro chipped??

Many thanks for the comments.

I know "its not my cat to give away" but I can't find the actual owner so what shall I do? I am not selling it for money though!

Its been more then 6 months now its in my house. I've been feeding it the cat food like whiskas etc. No milk now as it doesn't drink milk anyway. It wants love and affection and I seriously have no time now because of my work schedule.

I have no idea where the actual owner is. I thought may be it will go away but no. I checked with the new tenants who came in to that house but they don't know about them.

When I called RSPCA, they asked about the chip but I have no idea if it has a chip or not.

I don't want to shoo it away as it stays at my doorstep all night long. I don't think the actual owner lives nearby because the cat is in my back garden almost all day and jumps in from windows at night.

Is anyone know about pets charity? Someone told me I can give it to pets charity shop? I live in Hayes near Heathrow. Tried to search it online but I couldn't find anything. Any ideas?
Good evening. Because you have been adopted by the cat (you fed it) it will keep coming back to you if you google vets or pets at home vets you can take the cat to the vet to be scanned and hopefully it has a microchip with updated details for the owners. They may well be very worried. Cats do like to come and go and you are right for it to be an outdoor cat it needs it’s vaccinations which are about £70 a year. Good luck
Try cats.org.uk/ Cats Protection
Start feeding it cheap cat meat. It'll soon find a new owner.
Are you a member of your local towns facebook group, like “spotted in whatever town”. Take a picture and put a post in about the cat, maybe the owner or someone they know will see it and can be reunited
Plenty of good advice given above already. If you take it to a vet they can check if the cat is microchipped and if so they’ll have contact details for the people responsible for it.

If the cat is not microchipped, you can ask you neighbours for a contact number for their landlord or agency who will in turn be able to contact the previous tenants.

In any case, please don’t give the cat away. Instead, try to find the original carers. It is very possible that the cat got lost and doesn’t know how to come back to their new place.

Good luck!
My daughter brought a cat home with her. She said it followed her home from miles away. It was very frustrating. I rang vets etc, took it to be checked for micro chip. No luck. Neighbour adopted it in the end. I feel your pain.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants