i want to learn how to write caliigrphy

Found 20th Feb 2008
i really want to learn how to do caligrphy, i cant spell it lol

can any 1 help how to go about this?? there no corses near my home??

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
13 Comments

maybe you should take a basic English course first :whistling: just a thought

It's not necessary to do a course, although you will need a calligraphy pen - you can get a cheap set from WH Smith.

Use the different writing styles in Microsoft Word to print out what you want. Then get a bright light & put it under a sheet of clear perspex or glass, then fix the copy of what you want to write to the glass then put a sheet of paper over the top of it & trace the lettering.:thumbsup:

There are a lot of books on calligraphy - could be a good start?

hobbycraft.co.uk/

just a suggestion,go instore and have a look,go to library hire a few books,if still interested buy some ink etc.
My parents bought me a basic set when I was about 10,its fairly easy to pick up and looks impressive in cards etc.

I had a go at it a few years ago.

Grab a book from your local library and calligraphy sets can be found in the 'cheap' book stores.

There is a book on amazon all about it Learn Calligraphy (Paperback)- £7.38

amazon.co.uk/Lea…329

Hope this helps

JDC

cis_groupie;1610918

It's not necessary to do a course, although you will need a calligraphy … It's not necessary to do a course, although you will need a calligraphy pen - you can get a cheap set from WH Smith.Use the different writing styles in Microsoft Word to print out what you want. Then get a bright light & put it under a sheet of clear perspex or glass, then fix the copy of what you want to write to the glass then put a sheet of paper over the top of it & trace the lettering.:thumbsup:

Good idea,good thinking. Thats good for kids practising their hand writing too.

I had a kit from WHSmiths a few years ago with a book of designs, paper, ink in various colours and 2 ink pens, really good.

Takes a bit of practice but, once you have the hang of it yu are up and running, really nice for cards, place names etc.

duckmagicuk2;1612009

Google...http://learncalligraphy.net/http://www.learncalligraphy.co.uk/

Good idea. :thumbsup:

Searching for caligrphy comes up with the correct spelling too

(tell me I'm not the only one to use Google as a spell checker )

Original Poster

THANX ALL FOR UR HELP!

gonna have ti go into whsmith, but i live far wa, shall have a look next time am in town!

I work in WH Smith... woop! lol there is a Parker calligraphy set and another brand that I do not remember. One had a little booklet too. It depends on ur local branch tho. Should be books under the Art section though.
Post a comment
@
    Text