Groups

I want to learn to play a musical instrument...

... any suggestions?

I want something easy to play, relatively cheap to buy, small to store

and not a recorder!

20 Comments

what kind of instrument do you like the sound of?

Woodwind... brass... strings..... percussion...?

Small easy to play... flute, clarinet, oboe ... that kind of thing... xx

I love strings myself, have played the cello since I was 6 yrs old.. my daughter plays too.

harmonica:thumbsup:

transit;6774025

harmonica:thumbsup:

i was going to say that but because you beat me to it try the triangle :thumbsup:

Maracas?!

Big T 721;6774103

i was going to say that but because you beat me to it try the triangle … i was going to say that but because you beat me to it try the triangle :thumbsup:

ok, i would of opted for the tambourine;-)

transit;6774119

ok, i would of opted for the tambourine;-)

we could always just tie a bell to your tail :w00t:;-)

Ukelele or banjo

ClarityofMind;6774123

we could always just tie a bell to your tail :w00t:;-)

http://www.agirlsworld.com/rachel/beat-street/reviews/pix/garfield2.jpg:-D

transit;6774309

:-D

lol thats so cute and lovable.............and scary too!!!!!! :-D

Original Poster

I'm a pro at the triangle and tambourine already, ready for a slightly more challenging instrument.

strings sounds good...

Spoons!

paperclip;6774373

I'm a pro at the triangle and tambourine already, ready for a slightly … I'm a pro at the triangle and tambourine already, ready for a slightly more challenging instrument.strings sounds good...

i used to play the violin its quite difficult lol

How about a Kazoo?

Always popular.

Just imagine jamming with the pros.

Become proficient in minutes!!

http://www.aues21.dsl.pipex.com/images/plaasticKazoo.jpg

Harmonica.

look at getting a Suzuki Easy Rider. Should cost you about £7.

im trying to teach myself at the moment :P

How old are you, and where are you based? Might be able to send you some links...

Original Poster

Jetpac;6776066

Harmonica.look at getting a Suzuki Easy Rider. Should cost you about … Harmonica.look at getting a Suzuki Easy Rider. Should cost you about £7.im trying to teach myself at the moment :P

lol is that a harmonica or a scooter?

Original Poster

highguyuk;6778189

How old are you, and where are you based? Might be able to send you some … How old are you, and where are you based? Might be able to send you some links...

21 and Leeds

If you're interested in strings you're obviously not looking at anything too large like a cello or double bass. Violin or viola maybe? I'm only really familiar with orchestral intsruments but there's also the whole banjo/guitar ( electric or accoustic ).

Find a GOOD music store where musicians are comfortable to hang around and play and discuss their instruments and decide what kinda sound you like within the strings section.

I like the 'cello because its so chilled out and mellow. I couldnt play a violin for several hours a day and still feel calm lol but a musical instrument is a really personal choice, it has to match your personality or you wont keep up with playing it for enough hours that it takes to actually sound any good at it xxx

pink oboe?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …246804
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846312
      3. Best advert ever to be seen.1414
      4. Your dream gaming set up?2554

See more discussions