Groups

I want to listen to this US radio station. Can i ?

I want to listen to kost 103.5 its in LA, but when i go to the website its blocked coz im outside US. Surely theres a way round this??

little help

15 Comments

I can listen to it. Do you use firefox? I suggest this trick here . This is what I use so I can watch the colbert report.

there is if you can change you ip address to an american one!!!!

Original Poster

dananana

I can listen to it. Do you use firefox? I suggest this trick here . This … I can listen to it. Do you use firefox? I suggest this trick here . This is what I use so I can watch the colbert report.

thats only for canadians???

Original Poster

Floravada

there is if you can change you ip address to an american one!!!!

is that legal to change ip??

Original Poster

what would a US ip address start at

Banned

peterjmay

is that legal to change ip??

its illegal as is using a proxy server to access copyrighted foreign website material
    Edited by: "csiman" 2nd Aug 2010

why do they put restrictions on listening/viewing outside a certain country.

me being stupid i know but ??

Banned

magicbeans

why do they put restrictions on listening/viewing outside a certain … why do they put restrictions on listening/viewing outside a certain country.me being stupid i know but ??

would you be happy paying a licence fee and everyone outside the UK watching BBC stuff via iplayer?

Then, TV companies abroad stop paying BBC for their programmes and licence fee goes up more

magicbeans

why do they put restrictions on listening/viewing outside a certain … why do they put restrictions on listening/viewing outside a certain country.me being stupid i know but ??

Three reasons. First is copyright and licensing. When production houses license their products to a broadcaster, they allow their broadcast only within a certain region. Broadcasters can't break the terms of these licenses without getting sued, so they've got to region lock their internet broadcasts.

Second is advertisers. With commercial TV, you and I aren't the customer, the advertisers are. The TV companies compete to produce better TV shows not for our benefit, but so that their advertising space can be seen by more people, and thus be sold for more money. Trouble is, those advertisers won't waste their money advertising to people that aren't interested in their product, so there's zero point in, say, WalMart advertising nationwide discounts to a global audience. No point buying 20m views, if 15m of them aren't even within 5000 miles of a Walmart. It's way more effective to sell the program to other broadcasters in other regions, who can in turn sell to their best advertisers.

Third, is that bandwidth is expensive. Costs a lot of money to stream content to people, and when there's no revenue to be had in it, it becomes a waste of money for them.

So, there you go.

peterjmay

thats only for canadians???

That trick will work where ever you are in the world. I am in Norwich can hear the radio station you want to listen to using it.

Original Poster

i couldnt get it to work. do i do the firefox thing?

Original Poster

in easy steps how do i do this!!!

Banned

whats the website ? and try this proxy4free.com/pag…tml
    alternatively you can make your browser connect through a proxy but it can mean slow loading times

wow thanks dxx!! now i know (damn it i need a thumbup!_
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game72844181
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?34208
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …80138
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846283

See more discussions