Groups
    EXPIRED

I want to make a Mix Tape for my GF

I want to do something super special for my GF this Valentine's Day so thought I would make her a mix tape with all my favourite songs. The only problem is I don't have an old cassette recorder lying around.

I've tried to find a cheap one to buy, but most are CD/cassette combos so are pretty expensive. I don't need something that advanced.

If anyone has an old one lying around I could buy or knows of a place to buy one, please let me know.

22 Comments

wouldnt it be more romantic to make a mixtape with all her favourite songs on?

manchesterjim;7445641

wouldnt it be more romantic to make a mixtape with all her favourite … wouldnt it be more romantic to make a mixtape with all her favourite songs on?

+ 1 lol

Original Poster

manchesterjim;7445641

wouldnt it be more romantic to make a mixtape with all her favourite … wouldnt it be more romantic to make a mixtape with all her favourite songs on?

Lol. Thanks! I'll make sure to do that!

cant you do it on cd

Original Poster

ttwcd;7446028

cant you do it on cd

The romance of my gift is more the fact that I went out of my way and made her an old fashioned mix tape on an audio cassette. She may never listen to it, but she'll probably keep it forever.

Back in the day, making a mixtape for a girl was like letting her know you have a crush on her.

ttwcd;7446028

cant you do it on cd

romance.is.dead.

Original Poster

manchesterjim;7446140

romance.is.dead.

You are a bad person!

Turbonerd;7446187

You are a bad person!

go with the cd idea if you want then so she can say:

"cheers for that present i cant believe you spent no money at all and 6 minutes of your time showing your love for me, your so amazing!"

Original Poster

manchesterjim;7446243

go with the cd idea if you want then so she can say:"cheers for that … go with the cd idea if you want then so she can say:"cheers for that present i cant believe you spent no money at all and 6 minutes of your time showing your love for me, your so amazing!"

She will LOVE a mixtape. It's super old school. And I'm not only going spend a couple of quid on her. This will be in addition to a nice top/dress or some jewelry. Sometimes the little extra efforts are the best part of a present.

Have you asked on Freecycle? Someone might have one you can have. Nice idea btw!

Also if you type CD player on ebay and look in the portable audio category there are quite a few that play tapes and I'm sure you can use these to record off a cd. Eg. item number 160392429929

Original Poster

LJC79;7446921

Have you asked on Freecycle? Someone might have one you can have. Nice … Have you asked on Freecycle? Someone might have one you can have. Nice idea btw!

LJC79;7447011

Also if you type CD player on ebay and look in the portable audio … Also if you type CD player on ebay and look in the portable audio category there are quite a few that play tapes and I'm sure you can use these to record off a cd. Eg. item number 160392429929

Great ideas. Thank you. Have some rep! :thumbsup:

Original Poster

J_B;7447996

How about this? The best of both … How about this? The best of both worlds!http://www.suck.uk.com/product.php?rangeID=82

Awesome! If I can't get everythying together for a traditional mixtape, I'll definitely go for this. Thank you.

Playlist on Spotify...

Banned

theres a book you would like - `cassette from my ex` by jason bitner stories and soundtracks of lost loves.
    its also a website. : )
    ( but dont get it her for valentines lol)

Turbonerd;7446085

The romance of my gift is more the fact that I went out of my way and … The romance of my gift is more the fact that I went out of my way and made her an old fashioned mix tape on an audio cassette. She may never listen to it, but she'll probably keep it forever.Back in the day, making a mixtape for a girl was like letting her know you have a crush on her.

thats a smashing idea, good on you :thumbsup: yes i remember those days & handwritten love letters being passed in the French class, kids dont do that anymore, they spend far too much time on anti-social websites.

what about trying your local freecycle site for a cassette player.

Banned

im sure if you put it on a cd somebody on here could transfer it for you : )

If you could hold off for 4 or 5 weeks then you may be able to grab a Carpenters CD from a garage on the way to see her.

Charity shops and/or car boot sales (if you have an indoor one near you).

Banned

Turbonerd;7446085

She may never listen to it, but she'll probably keep it forever.

Ah I dream about being 16 again :whistling:

To float around without a care in the world and think love is forever :whistling:

Don't worry, when you grow up you will be bitter and twisted like the rest of us

Turbonerd;7446085

The romance of my gift is more the fact that I went out of my way and … The romance of my gift is more the fact that I went out of my way and made her an old fashioned mix tape on an audio cassette. She may never listen to it, but she'll probably keep it forever.Back in the day, making a mixtape for a girl was like letting her know you have a crush on her.

If she isn't going to listen to it... then just decorate the box! ;-)

Besides - does anyone actually still have tape decks? (Joking)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How easy is it to get a refund from Halfords?45
      2. Ide to sata converter12
      3. Help O2 wont repair my sony experia xz816
      4. cats and royal canin biscuits1018

See more discussions