Groups
    EXPIRED

I want to put windows xp on my acer aspire one netbook instead of linux Limpus Lite how?

I want to put windows xp on my acer aspire one netbook instead of linux how do I go about this? Help!!!!!!!

7 Comments

Personally, I'd wait for "Windows 7" to be released as they are doing a "Netbook" version especially designed for netbooks!

Look at the thread for the Asda Aspire One. There are some useful links in there.

Original Poster

AndyToys;4106913

Personally, I'd wait for "Windows 7" to be released as they are doing a … Personally, I'd wait for "Windows 7" to be released as they are doing a "Netbook" version especially designed for netbooks!

Like a windows 7 lite?

I have done this on my acer aspire one.
    Easiest way is to get hold of an external cd/dvd player and plug that in via usb.
    Or you can look at this guide - uk.youtube.com/wat…llY
    If you are going to do it this way then buy a NEW pendrive - I tried with my one but there were too many bad sectors (same with my mates used one), so Windows would not install.
    Hope this helps

Original Poster

spic;4107611

I have done this on my acer aspire one.Easiest way is to get hold of an … I have done this on my acer aspire one.Easiest way is to get hold of an external cd/dvd player and plug that in via usb.Or you can look at this guide - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vt_8p0VllYIf you are going to do it this way then buy a NEW pendrive - I tried with my one but there were too many bad sectors (same with my mates used one), so Windows would not install.Hope this helps

How do you go about it with the external cd/dvd drive?

leeds_united_afc;4109878

How do you go about it with the external cd/dvd drive?

you just plug it in and its like a normal xp installation, the acer's bios is set up to automatically boot from an external usb cd/dvd drive
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3641404
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread417514149
      3. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523466
      4. Sonos says let us spy or your stereo will not work33

See more discussions