Groups

I want to soundproof a wall

wall between the room of my housemate and I is very thin, and it can be embarassing at times. Any way I can soundproof it? Can't do anything permanent as its a rented house. I've read all the tips that suggest using : egg cartons, mattresses, mcdonald cup holders, rugs

but i need something that WILL work. don't mind paying a little for it. any ideas?

its a small wall, possibly 3.5 x 2.5m

8 Comments

Original Poster

ok... reasonable suggestions please

carboard egg boxes work well my brother in law has decks in a box room downstairs and his misses cant hear it in the next room

Original Poster

ilovepink;6817462

carboard egg boxes work well my brother in law has decks in a box room … carboard egg boxes work well my brother in law has decks in a box room downstairs and his misses cant hear it in the next room

how does he stack them?

Build a framework out of 3 inch wide wood fastened to the wall. Fill the inside of the frame with loft insulation and then plasterboard over the top of the insulation, fastening to the frame.

greg_68;6818527

Build a framework out of 3 inch wide wood fastened to the wall. Fill the … Build a framework out of 3 inch wide wood fastened to the wall. Fill the inside of the frame with loft insulation and then plasterboard over the top of the insulation, fastening to the frame.

Insulation has no sound proofing quality, you need to use a denser product like Rockwool :thumbsup:

Insulation board, just buy a load of sheets of it and stick it to the wall.

Also stop having his mum in your bedroom may help the embarrassment

Original Poster

rockwool? i'll look into that, thanks fr suggestions so far

renown;6818555

Insulation has no sound proofing quality, you need to use a denser … Insulation has no sound proofing quality, you need to use a denser product like Rockwool :thumbsup:

Rockwool is a company, they make insulation.:thumbsup:

you could get Gyproc Soundbloc plasterboards and fix them directly onto the partition wall. I think they sell them at B&Q.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay1020
      2. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1536
      3. word association Game72944192
      4. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …277963

See more discussions