I want travel constantly for 4 days in london in zones 1 and 2, what do I need?

Found 13th Feb 2010
Do I need a oyster card or a travel card? Because I am really confused.

Where can I buy them from?

Thank you

13 Comments

Yes, you'd need an oystercard - pay as you go.

You can go to a train station and just ask at the kiosk for one, or a newsagents. You will probably pay a small fee, and then you can top them up at any tube station.

Original Poster

BritJamez;7830291

Yes, you'd need an oystercard - pay as you go.You can go to a train … Yes, you'd need an oystercard - pay as you go.You can go to a train station and just ask at the kiosk for one, or a newsagents. You will probably pay a small fee, and then you can top them up at any tube station.

Oh right, do you save money using it?

Yeah, it can be a lot cheaper. Depends on how far you're going and how often...

You don't NEED an oyster card.

It makes things easier though. they cost £3, makes journeys cost less and you never have to worry about buying tickets, just topping it up.

If you want to save money you NEED an oyster card...

oyster card, but remember to always tap out, otherwise they charge you £6 max fare

Oyster card would work out cheaper over the four days as they cap your spend on a daily basis, not sure how much

Some guidance here on rates

londontoolkit.com/bri…htm

wincey;7830521

oyster card, but remember to always tap out, otherwise they charge you £6 … oyster card, but remember to always tap out, otherwise they charge you £6 max fare

+1

Indeed, you MUST tap out every trip.

Original Poster

thank you everyone, think we will go for the travel card. thanks

acecatcher3;7840089

So everyone told you to get an oyster card and uve decided on a … So everyone told you to get an oyster card and uve decided on a travelcard...

+1

depends if you want convenience, if you dont think you will be too confident with oyster having to top up etc then you can get the travelcard, if its just zones 1 and 2 I guess you can probs just get a zone 1 to 2 travel card which shouldnt be too expensive anyway

I did the same, just makes everything so much simpler, no topping up and all that.

Original Poster

acecatcher3;7840089

So everyone told you to get an oyster card and uve decided on a … So everyone told you to get an oyster card and uve decided on a travelcard...

well yeah, but i said thank you. also, i decided on the travel because of this info:

choc1969;7830535

Oyster card would work out cheaper over the four days as they cap your … Oyster card would work out cheaper over the four days as they cap your spend on a daily basis, not sure how muchSome guidance here on rateshttp://www.londontoolkit.com/briefing/travelcard_oyster.htm

paul_doh;7840152

I did the same, just makes everything so much simpler, no topping up and … I did the same, just makes everything so much simpler, no topping up and all that.

+1, Could not be bother with worrying about topping up and would probably get worried about running out of credit.

thanks everyone
Post a comment
@
    Text