I wanted to join the fun

Posted 11th Nov
      Of asking random stuff (never have I ever) what is the worst Christmas present you’ve ever given or been given. My worst recieved purely because it tasted awful was Root Beer it tastes like Dandelion & Burdock but you’re drinking it in a hospital that’s thoroughly cleaned hourly.............
      Community Updates
      Ask
      16 Comments
      I got given; by a wealthy Uncle; a light bulb. Well, it looked like one. It was some solar-power experiment gizmo that was about as interesting and useful as a chocolate fireguard! You sat it on a windowsill and a little propeller-thing spun around in the sunlight. Very entertaining.....

Actually, forget that. I'd rather of had a chocolate fireguard.
      Phsycronix11/11/2019 17:22

I got given; by a wealthy Uncle; a light bulb. Well, it looked like one. It …I got given; by a wealthy Uncle; a light bulb. Well, it looked like one. It was some solar-power experiment gizmo that was about as interesting and useful as a chocolate fireguard! You sat it on a windowsill and a little propeller-thing spun around in the sunlight. Very entertaining..... Actually, forget that. I'd rather of had a chocolate fireguard.

Well that’s a weird one I have to say haha I was given a chocolate teapot once very good but of kit. And tasted quite nice
      DanSpaghetti11/11/2019 17:38

Well that’s a weird one I have to say haha I was given a chocolate teapot o …Well that’s a weird one I have to say haha I was given a chocolate teapot once very good but of kit. And tasted quite nice

Aww, I'd have done you a swap for a solar-bulb-thing...
      From an elderly relative. "I know you're allergic to coconut so I didn't get you that Ferrero collection again and I know you love Lindt so I got you these. They said they new and I knew that you liked mint".

My Aunty got the mint ones lol.

38959705-4pWbb.jpg
      Phsycronix11/11/2019 17:44

Aww, I'd have done you a swap for a solar-bulb-thing...

Bulb thing or tasty chocolate teapot :/ decisions decisions
      cecilmcroberts11/11/2019 17:46

From an elderly relative. "I know you're allergic to coconut so I didn't …From an elderly relative. "I know you're allergic to coconut so I didn't get you that Ferrero collection again and I know you love Lindt so I got you these. They said they new and I knew that you liked mint". My Aunty got the mint ones lol. [Image]

Swing and a miss
      cecilmcroberts11/11/2019 17:46

From an elderly relative. "I know you're allergic to coconut so I didn't …From an elderly relative. "I know you're allergic to coconut so I didn't get you that Ferrero collection again and I know you love Lindt so I got you these. They said they new and I knew that you liked mint". My Aunty got the mint ones lol. [Image]

Aww bless. You gotta love em' don't you? Perhaps send them a snowboard this year?
      Phsycronix11/11/2019 17:22

I got given; by a wealthy Uncle; a light bulb. Well, it looked like one. It …I got given; by a wealthy Uncle; a light bulb. Well, it looked like one. It was some solar-power experiment gizmo that was about as interesting and useful as a chocolate fireguard! You sat it on a windowsill and a little propeller-thing spun around in the sunlight. Very entertaining..... Actually, forget that. I'd rather of had a chocolate fireguard.

a radiometer?
      psychobitchfromhell11/11/2019 18:48

No, that's honestly what they're called. …No, that's honestly what they're called. https://science.howstuffworks.com/question239.htm

Yes, sorry PBFH. I knew what you meant! Hehe. No, this had a little solar panel to work a tiny motor-prop. It really served no purpose (other than show you how sunlight converts to electricity) whereas Radiometers, from what I remember work on magnetic fields - or something? School was a long time ago!
      Nope. Shows what I remember. It's a measure of electromagnetic (or infrared/ultraviolet) radiation.

Every days a school day eh?
      Phsycronix11/11/2019 18:52

Yes, sorry PBFH. I knew what you meant! Hehe. No, this had a little solar …Yes, sorry PBFH. I knew what you meant! Hehe. No, this had a little solar panel to work a tiny motor-prop. It really served no purpose (other than show you how sunlight converts to electricity) whereas Radiometers, from what I remember work on magnetic fields - or something? School was a long time ago!

No. I had one until the cat knocked it over, works on sunlight. looks like an upside down lightbulb with four little sails in it. Put it on the wwindowsill and the propeller thing turns.
      psychobitchfromhell11/11/2019 18:56

No. I had one until the cat knocked it over, works on sunlight. looks like …No. I had one until the cat knocked it over, works on sunlight. looks like an upside down lightbulb with four little sails in it. Put it on the wwindowsill and the propeller thing turns.

Ah, that's a particular version - a solar radiometer. Yes. This thing did look very similar but it didn't have the black and white vanes - which is how a solar radiometer works. Same principal as when people say "Wear white on a hot day." White reflects light and therefore heat and black does the opposite.
      Edited by: "Phsycronix" 11th Nov
      Some horrible tacky plastic ornament from a family member who said they saw it and thought of me. It was like the gift that kept on taking!
      Sox7712/11/2019 17:46

Some horrible tacky plastic ornament from a family member who said they …Some horrible tacky plastic ornament from a family member who said they saw it and thought of me. It was like the gift that kept on taking!

That’s the kind of gift that would accidentally get smashed on purpose by accident obviously
      Post a comment
      @
        Text

Discussions