Groups
    EXPIRED

i was on a ship they claimed was unsinkable and it sank can i get compensation

i was on this ship and the manafacturees claimed it was unsinkable any way half through the journey it hit an iceberg sank lots of people died like i managed to get off in a live boat can i claim compensation for the trauma

26 Comments

they never claimed that it was unsinkable...

Original Poster

they did

i was on this ship and the manafacturees claimed it was unsinkable any way half through the journey it hit an iceberg sank lots of people died like i managed to get off in a live boat can i claim compensation for the trauma.............

.......if your implications are towards the titanic.....NOT FUNNY!

why not emplloyee some one to make a major movie out of it if ure lucky it might be realesed in 1992

jamespir;6164130

they did

They didn't, it's a myth :thumbsup:

Jonny_K;6164156

They didn't, it's a myth :thumbsup:

Yes it is a myth

No they didn't.

The papers deemed it unsinkable.

The Titanic had watertight doors which gave it more protection from sinking, but the iceberg did too much damage.

isnt it starange how the film titanic is also on tv tonight :lol:

my nans uncle was ment to get on it for a boxing fight but got up late and missed the boat how lucky x

Original Poster

taurus_the_bull;6164147

i was on this ship and the manafacturees claimed it was unsinkable any … i was on this ship and the manafacturees claimed it was unsinkable any way half through the journey it hit an iceberg sank lots of people died like i managed to get off in a live boat can i claim compensation for the trauma....................if your implications are towards the titanic.....NOT FUNNY!

it was and its on channel 5

Original Poster

t0mm;6164177

No they didn't.The papers deemed it unsinkable.The Titanic had watertight … No they didn't.The papers deemed it unsinkable.The Titanic had watertight doors which gave it more protection from sinking, but the iceberg did too much damage.

techinically if they had reacted quick enough and shut the watertight doors it wouldnt have sank but they wernt quick enough

jamespir;6164202

techinically if they had reacted quick enough and shut the watertight … techinically if they had reacted quick enough and shut the watertight doors it wouldnt have sank but they wernt quick enough

No it wouldnt, as they said in the movie 'it can stay afloat with the first 4 compartments breached, not 5'(Which is true)

The iceberg did too much damage (breached more then 4 compartments).

The watertight doors only went so far. Which is why it could stay afloat with 4 flooded.

Original Poster

t0mm;6164214

No it wouldnt, as they said in the movie 'it can stay afloat with the … No it wouldnt, as they said in the movie 'it can stay afloat with the first 4 compartments breached, not 5'(Which is true)The iceberg did too much damage (breached more then 4 compartments).The watertight doors only went so far. Which is why it could stay afloat with 4 flooded.

the rivets were damaged before it hit the iceberg anyway it had a crash witha sailboat just outside southhampton thought thats not in the film

jamespir;6164202

techinically if they had reacted quick enough and shut the watertight … techinically if they had reacted quick enough and shut the watertight doors it wouldnt have sank but they wernt quick enough

It's not as a simple as that, it depends which compartments are breached, how many compartments are breached, whether the damage is repairable, how far the ship is from a dock, weather conditions ect. etc.

Every member of crew were fired the second they hit the water,

RedIron;6164255

It's not as a simple as that, it depends which compartments are breached, … It's not as a simple as that, it depends which compartments are breached, how many compartments are breached, whether the damage is repairable, how far the ship is from a dock, weather conditions ect. etc.

and that it was almost 100 years ago.

Banned

it always makes me cry at the end, right old sad sap :-(

sassie;6164290

why?
    what happens?:)

sassie;6164290

me too, its so sad :cry:

Jack dies and shes left all alone :cry:

SuperEd

im getting that sinking feeling...

What did the banana say when he was sea sick on the titanic?

I sink i'm not peeling very well

just finished watching it - have not watched for few years - watched it with my 10 year old son - very sad film but true to life nevertheless - i think op has been watching too????:)

Original Poster

juliesbargains;6164512

just finished watching it - have not watched for few years - watched it … just finished watching it - have not watched for few years - watched it with my 10 year old son - very sad film but true to life nevertheless - i think op has been watching too????:)

film was mostly fiction but built round the premise of a true story

some people like to think of it as;

God wanted to show man who's boss.

It was built by the Irish, it would of never made New York anyway.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047166
    2. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1212
    3. Cat Chat77739
    4. word association Game74044560

See more discussions