Groups
    EXPIRED

I was wondering if anyone had any unwanted items useful in a flat? I would appreciate anything from anyone, thank you ☺

I know it isn't giveaway central but im on my knees and need a helping hand, many thanks in advance

60 Comments

Hmmmm, interesting first post, welcome to the site, you need to remove your personal mobile number though oO
    That's a far more user friendly question now have you had a look to see if streetlife is running in your area. We have it here and because it's all people who live in my town anyone who has free furniture to give away does it there now, also the site is really open to helping if people need something as we know it's for someone close by.
    streetlife.com/
    Edited by: "tinkerbellian" 25th Sep 2016

Original Poster

I didn't consider my posting, I apologise for any offence caused

Have you tried looking on your local freegle/freecycle group? Might have more luck?

Original Poster

Thank you luke

Where abouts are you?

I have a decent 2 seater sofa, hardly used but slightly faded from being in a conservatory for a couple of years.

Smoke free pet free home, and the covers are removable and washable.

you need to subscribe to your local freecycle. so many free things which will soon fill up
    your place up. good luck

Worth looking at charity shops - British Hear Foundation does furniture. Some of it quite good. You can get some bargains too. A fair while ago I spotted a single matress that was pretty obviously form a posh adjustable bed - turned out to have almost never been used and totally clean. Its now on a normal bed base and is one of the most comfortable beds I have ever had.
    Edited by: "Fluffykins" 25th Sep 2016

Original Poster

Thank you guys, I need a new sofa as the one left in mine is terrible so would appreciate that. Im in the stoke area

Hopefully the down voters and people being awful to the OP don't ever find themselves in a similar position as him. No need to kick people when they're down.
    Hope you get sorted OP x

Definitely try freecycle etc hope your situation improves soon anything else just ask below
    Just remembers haters gotta hate

Angel_Of_The_North

Hopefully the down voters and people being awful to the OP don't ever … Hopefully the down voters and people being awful to the OP don't ever find themselves in a similar position as him. No need to kick people when they're down. Hope you get sorted OP x

​My thoughts exactly. Not everyone who begs in their first post is trying to pull a fast one.

instantgravy

Thank you guys, I need a new sofa as the one left in mine is terrible so … Thank you guys, I need a new sofa as the one left in mine is terrible so would appreciate that. Im in the stoke area

Is Stoke near Plymouth then?

Not wishing to cause upset but isn't life strange, having just paid to have a house cleared as several charities, freecycle etal didn't want anything, along comes someone in need However we're in s Wales so probably abit far for you to have collected.

Freecycle is good, doesn't hurt to ask on there, or see what people are offering.

Gumtree also has a Free section

instantgravy

Thank you guys, I need a new sofa as the one left in mine is terrible so … Thank you guys, I need a new sofa as the one left in mine is terrible so would appreciate that. Im in the stoke area

Why not write a list of items you urgently need below

Angel_Of_The_North

Hopefully the down voters and people being awful to the OP don't ever … Hopefully the down voters and people being awful to the OP don't ever find themselves in a similar position as him. No need to kick people when they're down. Hope you get sorted OP x

Think it's because the initial ask didn't look anything like it does now

There you go...

ceres

Is Stoke near Plymouth then?

Splodger101

There you go...;)

If that is indeed where the OP lives, do you think that people would have understood that from his post? Or might they have assumed he lived elsewhere?

His profile states Plymouth...

ceres

If that is indeed where the OP lives, do you think that people would have … If that is indeed where the OP lives, do you think that people would have understood that from his post? Or might they have assumed he lived elsewhere?

Original Poster

I simply didn't consider how I wrote it and again I apologise

Hi Op,

Where was your profile pic taken (sorry, just being nosy).

Original Poster

Haha it was taken in Plymouth near buyology

What sorts of things do you need? Don't worry about votes on your posts, what matters is people responding to your post and offering things of use.

Original Poster

I am looking for basic things which people want shot of, and if people wish to vote me down I won't lose sleep over it. So things I would wish for are: tumble dryer, iron, ironing board,chest of drawers, microwave, plates and cups, pots and pans... Those ate some of the things I would like but on £140 a fortnight its no wonder im begging and wish people would understand there are reasons for this. I haven't asked anyone to buy me anything and maybe, if they knew me they would realise I struggle with confidence and depression, not a sob story just the honesty.

We have a dining table 6 seater that extends to 8 seater and 4 suede chairs. However we are in sheffield

Original Poster

Too far but thank you anyway

I really hope you get some help I think we have all been in your situation at some time I wish you loads of good luck and stay positive something. Will turn up

Original Poster

dcx_badass

Guys can someone give me a flat, I have everything to go in it but not … Guys can someone give me a flat, I have everything to go in it but not the flat itself. Thanks, I can make up a sob story if needed.

Fresh out of prison if you need to know, three years inside and I deserved it. I came out with nothing, so sob story or not in your opinion its the way it is

tomdavidrichards

You don't deserve no help then

​So you are saying he does deserve some help then?

I agree, and why not, he has served his punishment, why does he require more from anyone else not knowing any of the facts?

Would happily help and provide a few things, but I am on Wirral, so a fair distance away I am afraid.

Original Poster

Thank you, its fine though im used to simple minded people with simple thoughts. People make mistakes and on occasions as is with me i deserved my 6 year sentence. I served this with perfection and changed, I came out with nothing and to nothing after having had everything. I've met some particularly bad people and im not one if those, even if I were, would I have to be persecuted forever? I didn't have to say anything i could've gone on quietly but sometimes honesty is the best policy. To those of you who have helped with great advice I thank you, for those haters, karma bites hard!

Original Poster

I understand that, I re wrote my opening because although I didn't say give me free stuff it obviously came across as that. I haven't used this site before as I've been otherwise engaged so assumed I put a mobile number which I also thought was on my profile not the message. Further more, had I come on here and wrote ex con needs help you would all have ignored it and maybe assumed im a junkie. It's a shame you live behind a screen because in reality,im no a dick at all, you would be surprised.

instantgravy

I understand that, I re wrote my opening because although I didn't say … I understand that, I re wrote my opening because although I didn't say give me free stuff it obviously came across as that. I haven't used this site before as I've been otherwise engaged so assumed I put a mobile number which I also thought was on my profile not the message. Further more, had I come on here and wrote ex con needs help you would all have ignored it and maybe assumed im a junkie. It's a shame you live behind a screen because in reality,im no a dick at all, you would be surprised.

Before requesting help maybe contribute towards the site instead of taking. As you only joined yesterday this wanted ad is a bit premature.

Dicks are as dicks do and, right now, you ain't doing dick, unlike one or two others.

Saying the things you have said, and doing so in the circumstances in which you find yourself is quite a step to take - keep right on; you'll nail the confidence thing.

And its surprising what some ingenuity can do. When my Mum died last year, she was still using the ironing board my old man made for her when they first got wed over 60 years ago. They didn't have a brass farthing for a good while. When Mum needed an ironing board they couldn't affoprd one so the old man made her one out of scrap wood and the only tools to hand; a hacksaw blade and a screwdriver. NIce job he made of it too.
    He held down two jobs for a while, on the way up. 40+hours a week at an engineering works then Saturdays helping out at a garage up the road.

The level of down votes are stunning! Why bother?

tomdavidrichards

Before requesting help maybe contribute towards the site instead of … Before requesting help maybe contribute towards the site instead of taking. As you only joined yesterday this wanted ad is a bit premature.

Have you ever been in a really bad way ? what's the longest you haven't eaten for because you have no money ?

don't judge when you probably haven't walked in their shoes.

Angel_Of_The_North

I were thinking the same

why should the op have to explain anyway all he has done is ask for help from strangers he certainly doesn't need to explain anything to anyone as it is non of our business, the guy has made mistakes but haven't we all and he has done his time and hopefully he has come out a better person , so instead of giving the poor guy grief if you cannot help in giving help then don't comment , as one day how do you know you wont loose everything and are desperate I have seen this happen very close to home hard working family looses job then looses home became homeless family put them up for a long time now he has managed to turn things around got another job another home but one thing he has always said when you loose everything over night it makes you realise a lot of things, good on you op keep that chin up as one day you will get lucky and find a job earn money and buy nice things yes you might get a few knock downs but don't give up , wish I lived close as I certainly would help you out, hope I see more of you on here, there are a alot nice people on here so please don't let the few on here that are trying to knock you down put you off this site ok I certainly wish you well mate

It takes real strength and determination to turn your life around and it looks like you're really doing it.

Well done.

I didn't see the original post, but it's not really important.

Keep striving to be the best version of yourself.

I'm sure you'll be able to get a lot of the things you need off freecycle but also call into your local Salvation Army place, they are great at setting people up in flats etc from scratch. They get a lot of items donated from house clearances which would be ideal for setting up a home, and if they can't help you then they will certainly know who can.

Also look out for local carboot sales.

Good luck.

The OP wants a Tumble Dryer,they are expensive to run,maybe not an ideal thing to be looking for.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. Argos 3 for 2 reserving early44
    2. DashCam Recommendation With Front And Rear Camera Built In22
    3. £1500 55 inch 4K TV56
    4. SCS add ons... are they worth it??48

See more discussions