Groups

'I wish Richard Hammond HAD died ......

Banned
    Comedian Stewart Lee has launched an extraordinary attack on Top Gear presenter Richard Hammond, saying he wishes he had been decapitated in the high-speed crash that nearly cost him his life.
    The 41-year-old comedian, star of BBC2s critically acclaimed Stewart Lees Comedy Vehicle, accuses Hammond and his Top Gear colleagues of being bullies and jokes about the car crash that left Hammond suffering brain damage.

Read more: dailymail.co.uk/tvs…tml

102 Comments

shocking! its not even a joke when you use something as serious as that, you cant say you want someone to die its just not right

Not the first comedian to be cruel to hamsters though is he?

i like Stewart Lee ,:thumbsup:

its comedy , thats his style.

I find it hard to use the word comedian in the same sentence as Stewart Lee.

kungfu;6175503

its comedy , thats his style.

thats not comedy, did you read the whole thing?

jokes dont seem as funny when retold by newspapers

davelfc;6175495

Not the first comedian to be cruel to hamsters though is he?

Thats Brilliant!:-D

cribert;6175511

During one [SIZE="7"]show [/SIZE]last week, Lee said:

yep i read it :thumbsup:

tonyg1962;6175516

jokes dont seem as funny when retold by newspapers

Later in the routine, he said: ‘I wish Richard Hammond HAD died and I wish he had been decapitated. Of course, it’s a joke. But coincidentally it’s also what I believe.’

So that's a joke????

Original Poster Banned

cribert;6175511

But that is his style. I actually quite like him. The utter absurdity of the way he describes 'hamster's' death makes it hard for me to take seriously.

The guy also co-wrote 'Jerry Springer - The Opera' so I'm not surprised the Mail went after him for this.

cribert;6175532

Later in the routine, he said: ‘I wish Richard Hammond HAD died and I w … Later in the routine, he said: ‘I wish Richard Hammond HAD died and I wish he had been decapitated. Of course, it’s a joke. But coincidentally it’s also what I believe.’So that's a joke????

Yes

Original Poster Banned

cribert;6175532

Later in the routine, he said: ‘I wish Richard Hammond HAD died and I w … Later in the routine, he said: ‘I wish Richard Hammond HAD died and I wish he had been decapitated. Of course, it’s a joke. But coincidentally it’s also what I believe.’So that's a joke????

Yes. It's very funny.

lol anyone who believes a word stewart lee says when hes on stage is an idiot.

tonyg1962;6175537

Yes

ok then

Original Poster Banned

DKLS;6175507

I find it hard to use the word comedian in the same sentence as Stewart … I find it hard to use the word comedian in the same sentence as Stewart Lee.

Stewart Lee is a comedian.

Stewart Lee is a widely acclaimed comedian.

Many comedians respect and look up to Stewart Lee.

Stewart Lee is not a very funny comedian.

I readily admit I'm a skilled wordsmith, but I thought it was relatively easy.:?

No one seriously believes that he really wishes he had died,It is just his sense of humour and the way he says things,

look, certain people think little and large are funny, certain people appreciate stewart lees intelligent sometimes morbid and depressing humour,its just all comedy

tonyg1962;6175561

No one seriously believes that he really wishes he had died,It is just … No one seriously believes that he really wishes he had died,It is just his sense of humour and the way he says things,

you quite obviously didn't read the whole thing mate, neither wished to comment on it as the speculation about their relationship from school meant they dislike each other, and in my book it looks like jealousy on this "comedians" part. so that's what I feel, when it becomes personal its not really comedy

cribert;6175584

you quite obviously didn't read the whole thing mate, neither wished to … you quite obviously didn't read the whole thing mate, neither wished to comment on it as the speculation about their relationship from school meant they dislike each other, and in my book it looks like jealousy on this "comedians" part

:roll:

kungfu;6175607

:roll:

what an intelligent come back, well done

Original Poster Banned

cribert;6175584

you quite obviously didn't read the whole thing mate, neither wished to … you quite obviously didn't read the whole thing mate, neither wished to comment on it as the speculation about their relationship from school meant they dislike each other, and in my book it looks like jealousy on this "comedians" part

The Mail references 'speculation' probably from someone who doesn't actually exist.

Nobody who knows Stewart Lee's work would be surprised that he dislikes the Top Gear crowd.

Not entirely sure what he's got to be jealous about either?

FilthAndFurry;6175623

The Mail references 'speculation' probably from someone who doesn't … The Mail references 'speculation' probably from someone who doesn't actually exist.Nobody who knows Stewart Lee's work would be surprised that he dislikes the Top Gear crowd.Not entirely sure what he's got to be jealous about either?

the hamsters success:? what planet are you on

cribert;6175617

what an intelligent come back, well done

quite frankly its all it deserved :w00t:

Original Poster Banned

cribert;6175648

the hamsters success:? what planet are you on

Total Wipeout and Top Gear are hardly going to keep Stewart Lee up late at night.:roll:

It was a joke, nothing to get worked up about.

I'm sure Richard Hammond has already forgotten about it:whistling:

FilthAndFurry;6175678

Total Wipeout and Top Gear are hardly going to keep Stewart Lee up late … Total Wipeout and Top Gear are hardly going to keep Stewart Lee up late at night.:roll:It was a joke, nothing to get worked up about.I'm sure Richard Hammond has already forgotten about it:whistling:

yes but anyone whos anyone has heard of richard hammond, ive never heard of stewart lee:thinking: plus top gears a great show, and it gets one of the biggest audiences in th UK dont see how he couldnt be jealous after also going to school with the guy

Original Poster Banned

cribert;6175694

yes but anyone whos anyone has heard of richard hammond, ive never heard … yes but anyone whos anyone has heard of richard hammond, ive never heard of stewart lee:thinking: plus top gears a great show, and it gets one of the biggest audiences in th UK dont see how he couldnt be jealous after also going to school with the guy

You're probably not his target audience.:thumbsup:

FilthAndFurry;6175706

You're probably not his target audience.:thumbsup:

your not getting my point, richard hammond is much more popular and heard of than this comedian, so i dont see why he wouldnt be jealous

Bet Hammond is really upset whilst he sits in his country mansion counting his money in a Scrooge McDuck style. Stewart Lee is the least funny 'comedian' I have seen and I once saw Hale and Pace live.

FilthAndFurry;6175678

Total Wipeout and Top Gear are hardly going to keep Stewart Lee up late … Total Wipeout and Top Gear are hardly going to keep Stewart Lee up late at night.:roll:It was a joke, nothing to get worked up about.I'm sure Richard Hammond has already forgotten about it:whistling:

Err, what was the point of the thread then?

Original Poster Banned

cribert;6175720

your not getting my point, richard hammond is much more popular and heard … your not getting my point, richard hammond is much more popular and heard of than this comedian, so i dont see why he wouldnt be jealous

I think you perhaps measure success differently than someone like Stewart Lee.

He's a critically acclaimed stand-up, with a long career, a hit 'opera' that has won awards and fans around the world and probably made him a fairly wealthy guy....

Hosting a show where people get knocked off plinths and are generally embarrassed is probably his idea of hell.

Original Poster Banned

spic;6175750

To have a discussion about. Do you think it will take off?

Discuss...

spic;6175750

errrr what? to discuss our thoughts on the comments made and share our opinions

:thinking::thinking:

Original Poster Banned

stewby;6175739

Bet Hammond is really upset whilst he sits in his country mansion … Bet Hammond is really upset whilst he sits in his country mansion counting his money in a Scrooge McDuck style. Stewart Lee is the least funny 'comedian' I have seen and I once saw Hale and Pace live.

Comedy is a very subjective thing.

Money really isn't everything. It's about respect too. I respect them in different ways.

Stewart Lee is a thought-provoking, outspoken comedian who really adds something to the general discourse about subjects such as religion and political correctness.

Richard Hammond has nice hair and can adequately read an autocue.

"Lee was embroiled in controversy four years ago, as co-writer of the musical Jerry Springer: The Opera"

---- Says it all really

FilthAndFurry;6175813

Richard Hammond has nice hair and can adequately read an autocue.

True. Although my wife disagrees on the hair thing. She says he used to have nice hair but no looks like a *****. You forgot that he can also blow caravans up well. Brainiac is surely Hammomnd's greatest contribution to the worldc.

stewby;6175895

True. Although my wife disagrees on the hair thing. She says he used to … True. Although my wife disagrees on the hair thing. She says he used to have nice hair but no looks like a *****. You forgot that he can also blow caravans up well. Brainiac is surely Hammomnd's greatest contribution to the worldc.

since the accident he looks aged and strained in some way...

can understand that he keeps to safer topics such as cars flying through the sky and major explosions :whistling:

wouldnt wanna be his wife and have to explain to his kids why some "comedian" thinks its funny to wish daddy was dead... awful.

Banned

I couldn't give a damn about poor taste, nor could I give a damn about Stewart Lee - sorry just don't find him funny.

However, the biggest problem with the whole 'joke' - is that its not really that funny is it?

vibeone;6175934

I couldn't give a damn about poor taste, nor could I give a damn about … I couldn't give a damn about poor taste, nor could I give a damn about Stewart Lee - sorry just don't find him funny.However, the biggest problem with the whole 'joke' - is that its not really that funny is it?

Was it Stephen King who said, " If you cant do horror, go for gross"

apparently it goes for comedy too.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Galaxy Note 8 grey import12
      2. New Firmware for S4 mini?11
      3. Tesco vouchers?22
      4. Wall mounting the OLED55B7V33

See more discussions