Groups
    EXPIRED

I wish someone would help this kid

The little boy who starred in Slumdog millionaire is slapped by his father

reading this story made me sad and angry
    Its just wrong!

15 Comments

What about the other millions of kids won't somebody help them?

What is his family doing in the slums still? Didn't he get paid? Has his father got to parade him around before the young star gets given decent accommodation?

Banned

wow i'm shocked.... disobediant???! and he got a slap?!

mann.... the dad needs a reality check.. with the right parenting that kid could aim to be like alfie:

dailymail.co.uk/new…tml

Typical Daily Mail carp as if anyone posting on here can relate to the struggles people living in slums go through...let alone pass judgement on their parenting skills...what was the free dvd they had to flog with it to sell some copies this weekend?

Banned

Xiwt;4513448

Typical Daily Mail carp as if anyone posting on here can relate to the … Typical Daily Mail carp as if anyone posting on here can relate to the struggles people living in slums go through...let alone pass judgement on their parenting skills...what was the free dvd they had to flog with it to sell some copies this weekend?

I think what daily Mail were trying to report was called discipline.. we lost it in the UK a good few years ago.

Original Poster

Xiwt;4513448

Typical Daily Mail carp as if anyone posting on here can relate to the … Typical Daily Mail carp as if anyone posting on here can relate to the struggles people living in slums go through...let alone pass judgement on their parenting skills...what was the free dvd they had to flog with it to sell some copies this weekend?

yeah its not the best newspaper but the story about what is happening with the kids who starred in the movie is very sad. Nothing has changed.
    The filmmakers paid the children for 30 days of acting work, give the families a small monthly stipend and set up trust funds that Rubina and Azhar can tap once they graduate. So the kids wont get any large sum of money until they are 18.

imranmaz;4513478

I think what daily Mail were trying to report was called discipline.. we … I think what daily Mail were trying to report was called discipline.. we lost it in the UK a good few years ago.

yes - still give mine a slap @ 13 + 15 if they push it - no i am not a child batterer

"From Slumdog to slapdog: Child actor beaten by father for refusing to leave shack" I think this headline is so OTT.

Of course in no way was the dad right to slap him. BUT cut him some slack no?.. look how they live...No half decent parent wants bad things for their child (thats why he has been allowed to act in the film right?) THEY WANT THE BEST FOR THEIR CHILD, and he wanted his kid to chat with the media as he feels that is in his best interest (of course it is in the whole families best interest) ...just how kids here are often pressured by their parents to persue things that they feel is in their best interestt...and hence he lost it out of DESPARATION when his kid said he was too tired...not excusable...which is why he apologised for the 30 second incident.

Original Poster

Xiwt;4513540

"From Slumdog to slapdog: Child actor beaten by father for refusing to … "From Slumdog to slapdog: Child actor beaten by father for refusing to leave shack" I think this headline is so OTT. Of course in no way was the dad right to slap him. BUT cut him some slack no?.. look how they live...No half decent parent wants bad things for their child (thats why he has been allowed to act in the film right?) THEY WANT THE BEST FOR THEIR CHILD, and he wanted his kid to chat with the media as he feels that is in his best interest (of course it is in the whole families best interest) ...just how kids here are often pressured by their parents to persue things that they feel is in their best interestt...and hence he lost it out of DESPARATION when his kid said he was too tired...not excusable...which is why he apologised for the 30 second incident.

Look at that photo of the kid holding his face crying. So everytime that boy doesn't co operate he will get punished by his father.

"Spare the rod, spoil the child"

Banned

kaits;4513562

Look at that photo of the kid holding his face crying. So everytime that … Look at that photo of the kid holding his face crying. So everytime that boy doesn't co operate he will get punished by his father.

erm.. he's crying.... one of my friends makes an ugly face when he sleeps should we keep him awake forever?

kaits;4513562

Look at that photo of the kid holding his face crying. So everytime that … Look at that photo of the kid holding his face crying. So everytime that boy doesn't co operate he will get punished by his father.

I did, of course very disturbing photo...look at the before pic... where is the pic 5 min after the incident???????? Is he still clutching his face you think?

And no ...the dad apologised (humans make mistakes) so I'm sure the child will be provided with the same creative nurturing that his parents have shown him (with their clearly limited resources) to allow him to develop as an actor as they already have proven.

Banned

kaits;4513562

lesson learnt hopefully then

Anyway I thought they were given council housing

Original Poster

imranmaz;4513576

erm.. he's crying.... one of my friends makes an ugly face when he sleeps … erm.. he's crying.... one of my friends makes an ugly face when he sleeps should we keep him awake forever?

good point The problem i have with it is seeing the pain on that kids face. It just touched me deeply.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …1625
      2. word survey912
      3. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!1518
      4. It was forty years ago today......617

See more discussions