Found 4th Dec 2014
They really are at the forefront of customer service. Link in first comment.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
17 Comments

Original Poster

Link
What would you do if this happened to you?
Edited by: "Jakirrr21" 4th Dec 2014

Banned

Unsolicited mail. It's yours to keep and do with as you please. Amazon have no right to it once you receive it.

Banned

He said he planned to give some of the gifts away as Christmas presents, … He said he planned to give some of the gifts away as Christmas presents, give some to charity and sell some back to Amazon in order to earn some money to put towards a cannabis grinder he is designing. "I should have about £1,600 to play with this summer and I might take my girlfriend to Bruges," he said. "And at the moment I'm working on an electrical cannabis grinder. I’m thinking about getting a patent on it."

The idiots going to the wrong place.

Original Poster

maxim24

Unsolicited mail. It's yours to keep and do with as you please. Amazon … Unsolicited mail. It's yours to keep and do with as you please. Amazon have no right to it once you receive it.

But would you feel bad in case it was meant for a customer and call them up or just sit back and enjoy your new 55" TV and not think about it?

Original Poster

maxim24

The idiots going to the wrong place.

LOL. Maybe he's trying to enter an emerging market as it is neighbouring Netherlands.

"and sell some back to Amazon in order to earn some money to put towards a cannabis grinder he is designing."

Haha, fair play.

Banned

Jakirrr21

But would you feel bad in case it was meant for a customer and call them … But would you feel bad in case it was meant for a customer and call them up or just sit back and enjoy your new 55" TV and not think about it?

I would send selfies with the products to amazon and ask for ransom.

Banned

This would of been nice, I might of actually got up early for once.

This is not the not first time that a computer glitch has resulted in customers being sent free or reduced goods. In January, the tools and hardware retailer Screwfix.com suffered a technical glitch that reduced the price of everything on its website to just £34.99 overnight – allowing early shoppers to choose "click and collect" items and pick them up before the store spotted the mistake.
Power tools and big ticket items such as ride-on mowers that cost thousands of pounds were reduced to less than £40 at the online checkout.
Screwfix soon realised its mistake and told staff not to hand over orders, but not before one customer picked up £1,230 worth of power drills for £139.

Original Poster

bazzamone

This would of been nice, I might of actually got up early for once.This … This would of been nice, I might of actually got up early for once.This is not the not first time that a computer glitch has resulted in customers being sent free or reduced goods. In January, the tools and hardware retailer Screwfix.com suffered a technical glitch that reduced the price of everything on its website to just £34.99 overnight – allowing early shoppers to choose "click and collect" items and pick them up before the store spotted the mistake.Power tools and big ticket items such as ride-on mowers that cost thousands of pounds were reduced to less than £40 at the online checkout.Screwfix soon realised its mistake and told staff not to hand over orders, but not before one customer picked up £1,230 worth of power drills for £139.

Imagine that happening on Currys' website instead of Screwfix. People buying PS4's, XB1's and 4K TV's for £34.99 in the early hours of the morning and going home and taking pictures of items and receipts and uploading to HUKD to make all the sleepyheads jealous lol.

Banned

Jakirrr21

Imagine that happening on Currys' website instead of Screwfix. People … Imagine that happening on Currys' website instead of Screwfix. People buying PS4's, XB1's and 4K TV's for £34.99 in the early hours of the morning and going home and taking pictures of items and receipts and uploading to HUKD to make all the sleepyheads jealous lol.

Lol yeah would be awesome just for the gloating we could do on here to others X)

Nice!! Good for him!

maxim24

Unsolicited mail. It's yours to keep and do with as you please. Amazon … Unsolicited mail. It's yours to keep and do with as you please. Amazon have no right to it once you receive it.

Nice, I didn't realise that was now the case under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations. Used to be the case under the Unsolicited Goods and Services Act that you had to at least contact the sender and give them the opportunity to pick the goods up.

Banned

Zardoz

Nice, I didn't realise that was now the case under the Consumer … Nice, I didn't realise that was now the case under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations. Used to be the case under the Unsolicited Goods and Services Act that you had to at least contact the sender and give them the opportunity to pick the goods up.

Don't take note of me, I'm just making things up as I go along.

If you return an item and it doesn't get back to Amazon they charge you for it?
Could be some genuine customers loosing out here because of Amazon and it's 'glitch'

BigDave

"and sell some back to Amazon in order to earn some money to put towards … "and sell some back to Amazon in order to earn some money to put towards a cannabis grinder he is designing."Haha, fair play.

That dosh is going up in smoke, one way or another!

Banned

That guy is really lucky! Good on him.

DAMNOME

If you return an item and it doesn't get back to Amazon they charge you … If you return an item and it doesn't get back to Amazon they charge you for it? Could be some genuine customers loosing out here because of Amazon and it's 'glitch'

No
Amazon take responsibility from point of collection for big ticket items
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Krack WiFi vuln1121
    2. UBER can be a waste of money1019
    3. Sony announce £35,000 PlayStation Pro bundle...1216
    4. *****Free Ultraviolet Movie Codes*****28161

See more discussions