Groups

Ian Tomlinson unlawfully killed by PC (inquest rules)

Well clearly then Pc Simon Harwood should face manslaughter charges and not get of scot free because he's a cop. If this happened anywhere else in the UK the attacker would be behind bars by now!

100 Comments

Original Poster

Banned

Thug.

Finally, the right decision. Look long enough and only got this far because the case was so public. I wasn't surprised to see that the Met tried to cover it up, but when the CPS decided not to prosecute I was astounded. Deciding not to prosecute because of 1 conflicting Pathologist report, against another 2 from legitimate Pathologists is a terrible excuse for not doing so.

It was only investigated in the first place because the media got a hold of video footage of it happening. If it went undocumented, the victim's family wouldn't even know what happened that day - only the Met's account of events and we'd all be none the wiser.

The office did go a little OTT but it's easy for us to judge someone from a chair who can be attacked at any given second.

Banned

oldmanhouse

Finally, the right decision. Look long enough and only got this far … Finally, the right decision. Look long enough and only got this far because the case was so public. I wasn't surprised to see that the Met tried to cover it up, but when the CPS decided not to prosecute I was astounded. Deciding not to prosecute because of 1 conflicting Pathologist report, against another 2 from legitimate Pathologists is a terrible excuse for not doing so. It was only investigated in the first place because the media got a hold of video footage of it happening. If it went undocumented, the victim's family wouldn't even know what happened that day - only the Met's account of events and we'd all be none the wiser.

probably why the police hate being filmed.

Why should he face manslaughter charges?

Was it reasonable of him to conclude that someone would die from his actions?

Banned

thesaint

Why should he face manslaughter charges?Was it reasonable of him to … Why should he face manslaughter charges?Was it reasonable of him to conclude that someone would die from his actions?

Huh?

Original Poster

thesaint

Why should he face manslaughter charges?Was it reasonable of him to … Why should he face manslaughter charges?Was it reasonable of him to conclude that someone would die from his actions?

There was no need for him to put his hands on ian tomlinsonon which led to his death. A life was lost due to his actions so he must be held responsible.

I always saw murder as a pre-meditated killing and manslaughter as intentionally killing someone but with no pre-planning. So I see where the saint is coming from he didn't mean to kill him so it's not manslaughter.

thesaint

He had absolutely no need to push him to the ground, end of.
    Not even you should defend his actions.

greg_68

I always saw murder as a pre-meditated killing and manslaughter as … I always saw murder as a pre-meditated killing and manslaughter as intentionally killing someone but with no pre-planning. So I see where the saint is coming from he didn't mean to kill him so it's not manslaughter.

Actually I'd consider it involuntary manslaughter.

^^^ seems I'm wrong again

Involuntary manslaughter is the unlawful killing of a human being without malice aforethought. It is distinguished from voluntary manslaughter by the absence of intention. It is normally divided into two categories; constructive manslaughter and criminally negligent manslaughter.

The footage of the policeman also assaulting the BBC cameraman tells you all you need to know about this thug.
    Jail him.

willhay555

The footage of the policeman also assaulting the BBC cameraman tells you … The footage of the policeman also assaulting the BBC cameraman tells you all you need to know about this thug.Jail him.

Same officer ?
    Link ?

Banned

I'm taking it those questioning any forthcoming manslaughter charges haven't seen the other 3 videos on that day?

One shows him knocking over a cameraman and another shows him launching at another demonstrator.

This guy is a thug and needs locking up. He gives the police force a bad name.
    Edited by: "JonnyTwoToes" 4th May 2011

You can still get done for manslaughter even if you "didn't mean" to kill the person. Doesn't matter that Pc Thug didn't realise his push would kill Ian Tomlinson, that's taken out of the equation.

Banned

WheresMeNuts

Same officer ?Link ?

same guy
    there ya go mate

Banned

master_chief

probably why the police hate being filmed.

not strictly true .. i have no issues with being filmed whilst on duty as with quite a lot of my colleagues

Banned

WheresMeNuts

Same officer ?Link ?

THUG HERE

Banned

oldmanhouse

You can still get done for manslaughter even if you "didn't mean" to kill … You can still get done for manslaughter even if you "didn't mean" to kill the person. Doesn't matter that Pc Thug didn't realise his push would kill Ian Tomlinson, that's taken out of the equation.

Good point.

And also, you go around pushing and punching people all day, one of those victims might get hurt.

Hopefully that dodgy pathologist Freddy Patel will get struck off and all. It became known during the inquest that the Met asked him to rule out certain things from his findings before he'd even examined Ian Tomlinson. What kind of legitimate pathologist arrives at conclusions based on what he's been told to find?

I was aiming left of his head not my fault he moved right a little.

Banned

A shame he wasnt on duty on these marches.

http://www.familysecuritymatters.org/imgLib/20080414_MuslimProtest.jpg

JonnyTwoToes

I'm taking it those questioning any forthcoming manslaughter charges … I'm taking it those questioning any forthcoming manslaughter charges haven't seen the other 3 videos on that day?One shows him knocking over a cameraman and another shows him launching at another demonstrator.This guy is a thug and needs locking up. He gives the police force a bad name.

I saw his other exploits on the new last night. I agree he's a "bad 'un", I just don't see any case for a manslaughter charge.

He didn't mean to kill him, or expect that a push would probably lead to his death.

Banned

guv

A shame he wasnt on duty on these marches.

In b4 guv is accused of being a racist oO

Banned

thesaint

I saw his other exploits on the new last night. I agree he's a "bad … I saw his other exploits on the new last night. I agree he's a "bad 'un", I just don't see any case for a manslaughter charge.He didn't mean to kill him, or expect that a push would probably lead to his death.

Fair enough, but as I've posted in post 21;

"you go around pushing and punching people all day, one of those victims might get hurt."

thesaint

I saw his other exploits on the new last night. I agree he's a "bad … I saw his other exploits on the new last night. I agree he's a "bad 'un", I just don't see any case for a manslaughter charge.He didn't mean to kill him, or expect that a push would probably lead to his death.

Doesn't matter, he could still be convicted. I can't remember all the ins and outs of how a manslaughter conviction is gained, but you can certainly achieve one despite protests from the defendant, claiming they didn't realise their actions would lead to their victim's death. As per my other post, it's taken out of the equation.

For example, if you were running through a crowd of people, pushing them out of the way to get by, and one fell, hitting their head and dying as a result, you could easily be prosecuted for manslaughter.

It doesn't bother me he is dead,he deserved it

Only a nutter goes wandering around during a riot then moans when the police mistake him as a rioter

well done the cops

Banned

JonnyTwoToes

I'm taking it those questioning any forthcoming manslaughter charges … I'm taking it those questioning any forthcoming manslaughter charges haven't seen the other 3 videos on that day?One shows him knocking over a cameraman and another shows him launching at another demonstrator.This guy is a thug and needs locking up. He gives the police force a bad name.

Manslaughter is the killing or cause to death of a person without a … Manslaughter is the killing or cause to death of a person without a pre-meditation or intention to kill or cause death, whether voluntarily or otherwise. In Manslaughter there is no intention or pre-plan to kill but killing or death occurred due to an impulsive act or a careless act. Eg. 1) Killing wife out of a sudden rage when she was found compromising with a stranger . 2) Killing the passengers by reckless driving

Do you know what manslaughter is?
    You don't have to mean to kill anyone, nor expect that your action would cause a death. If you did then it would more likely be murder.

One definition from the net for you

boothy

It doesn't bother me he is dead,he deserved itOnly a nutter goes … It doesn't bother me he is dead,he deserved itOnly a nutter goes wandering around during a riot then moans when the police mistake him as a rioterwell done the cops

or a rampant alcoholic who was pee'd out of his mind.

ants97

or a rampant alcoholic who was pee'd out of his mind.

indeed,another good reason that nobody should care

Edited by: "boothy" 4th May 2011

Banned

boothy

It doesn't bother me he is dead,he deserved itOnly a nutter goes … It doesn't bother me he is dead,he deserved itOnly a nutter goes wandering around during a riot then moans when the police mistake him as a rioterwell done the cops

I thought you and I couldn't ever be friends but now you show your softer side, I think we stand a chance.

Edited by: "JonnyTwoToes" 4th May 2011

colinsunderland

Do you know what manslaughter is?You don't have to mean to kill anyone, … Do you know what manslaughter is?You don't have to mean to kill anyone, nor expect that your action would cause a death. If you did then it would more likely be murder.

Luckily, the "net" doesn't put people away, judges do.

If anyone thinks that a manslaughter conviction will happen in this case, put your money where your mouth is.

thesaint

Luckily, the "net" doesn't put people away, judges do.If anyone thinks … Luckily, the "net" doesn't put people away, judges do.If anyone thinks that a manslaughter conviction will happen in this case, put your money where your mouth is.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk10/pauls7010/baby-cry.gif

Banned

The witch hunters will be ecstatic now

Banned

thesaint

Luckily, the "net" doesn't put people away, judges do.If anyone thinks … Luckily, the "net" doesn't put people away, judges do.If anyone thinks that a manslaughter conviction will happen in this case, put your money where your mouth is.

Where did I say it would? But you obviously have no idea what manslaughter is from your comments above. Can you show me in the law where it states you have to have intent to kill or know that your action would lead to a death or are you just talking **** as usual?

A manslaughter charge will never be proven in this case for the simple fact it would be almost impossible to prove the officer had caused the death.

colinsunderland

Where did I say it would? But you obviously have no idea what … Where did I say it would? But you obviously have no idea what manslaughter is from your comments above. Can you show me in the law where it states you have to have intent to kill or know that your action would lead to a death or are you just talking **** as usual?A manslaughter charge will never be proven in this case for the simple fact it would be almost impossible to prove the officer had caused the death.

If you can point out where I said that he would have to know that his action would lead to death?

Try to contain yourself when replying, as it seems you are resorting to insults because you can't prove whatever point it is you are making.

I'm glad you agree that there will be no manslaughter conviction. I wish I said that...

Oh wait!

Banned

thesaint

If you can point out where I said that he would have to know that his … If you can point out where I said that he would have to know that his action would lead to death?Try to contain yourself when replying, as it seems you are resorting to insults because you can't prove whatever point it is you are making.I'm glad you agree that there will be no manslaughter conviction. I wish I said that...Oh wait!

What did you mean by

I just don't see any case for a manslaughter charge. He didn't mean to kill him, or expect that a push would probably lead to his death.

if it wasn't that you saw no reason for a m/s charge because he didn't mean to kill him or expect that a push would probably lead to his death?

As for the other thing, whats wrong with thinking the same outcome is likely?

Stain is trying to defend the defenceless as usual.
    Go find a job and leave the courts to decide, plonk.

colinsunderland

if it wasn't that you saw no reason for a m/s charge because he didn't … if it wasn't that you saw no reason for a m/s charge because he didn't mean to kill him or expect that a push would probably lead to his death?

This sentence makes no sense.

colinsunderland

As for the other thing, whats wrong with thinking the same outcome is … As for the other thing, whats wrong with thinking the same outcome is likely?

Likely?
    Police officers push people everyday of the year, and will continue to do so. The reason why it will continue is because they know that if someone were to die, there is a slim to nil chance of a manslaughter charge.
    If they pushed him down some stairs, we would possibly have a different outcome. They didn't, we won't.

skusey

Stain is trying to defend the defenceless as usual.

This sentence makes nil sense.

skusey

Go find a job and leave the courts to decide, plonk.

Why work? I'm comfortable collecting my wages from the government.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. computer active mag comp - win one of two y-cam protect alarm systems worth…44
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578
      3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains1211
      4. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…55

See more discussions