Found 28th Nov 2010
been looking on ebay at some of these things you put over the soles of your shoes to get extr grip in the snow/ice, was wondering had anyone else bouht them before, and are they any good?

1. Misc
  2. Shoe
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Shoe
13 Comments

got an item number for them? I hate walking in the ice knowing that any second I'm gonna fall on my ass lol.

I was thinking the other day in curling they put on a rubber sole or something similar to help them slow down when they are on the ice so there must be similar things available?

ebay links dont work, if you paste the item number I can have a gander

Banned

Double Post
Edited by: "kelly1987" 28th Nov 2010

The reviews for these aren't too bad. Have wondered about them myself tbh. amazon.co.uk/Get…8-5

How many posts at 00:28 lol - Sorry, didn't see someone else had posted the same ones.. Still, have a peep at the reviews
Edited by: "Nikki999" 28th Nov 2010

I bought some Yaktrax Pro and have used them today on sheet ice. I can say they are brilliant so sliding at all. You can get them on Ebay for about 20.00 on the Yaktrax they are more considering the postage.

Word of warning though. Walking on laminate flooring before you get outside could be quite dangerous. It does warn you about not walking in shops etc in them.
Edited by: "bluebindy123" 28th Nov 2010

colinsunderland

Brilliant ones.

Why not buy a cheap pair of golf shoes then you've got the grips and waterproof shoes as well for about the same price.

doogan9

Why not buy a cheap pair of golf shoes then you've got the grips and … Why not buy a cheap pair of golf shoes then you've got the grips and waterproof shoes as well for about the same price.

If you get public transport or walk to work then you would need to carry an extra pair of shoes with you instead of smallish ice grips

Costco have them, double pack for £9+vat ish can't remember exact price, bought some, worked great jn the ice last night.

Hi, I have a pair the Yaktrax snow/ice grips and they do work. The coils give confident traction and you feel safe and able to walk normally without watching and judging every step. Hope that helps!

Hi, I have a pair of the Yaktrax snow/ice grips and they do work. The coils give confident traction and you feel safe and able to walk normally without watching and judging every step. Hope that helps!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition57588
    2. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!44
    3. Free money and competition entry @ Circle813
    4. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums22

See more discussions