Iceland to open for 2hrs on Wednesday for Elderly etc

Posted 16th Mar
Not really a deal but i have been saying for a while that stores should let the elderly etc have time to be able to shop - so this is great news

3423178.jpg
m.facebook.com/sto…136
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

Top comments
Well done Iceland, hopefully other supermarkets can do the same. Also seen a shop in Edinburgh handing out free gift bags to the elderly. We need to protect the vulnerable.
10 Comments
Well done Iceland, hopefully other supermarkets can do the same. Also seen a shop in Edinburgh handing out free gift bags to the elderly. We need to protect the vulnerable.
@Jason@Dan Why has this been moved to misc, but HUKDs allow RRP deals on hand wash which is fuelling the panic buying and giving scalpers the heads up?

I sincerely hope the site is not using this pandemic to it’s advantage.
Would Autism be included in the “Disabilities” part?
STRICKIBHOY16/03/2020 17:23

Well done Iceland, hopefully other supermarkets can do the same. Also seen …Well done Iceland, hopefully other supermarkets can do the same. Also seen a shop in Edinburgh handing out free gift bags to the elderly. We need to protect the vulnerable.

I'm so happy i was saying they should let the elderly etc shop from maybe 9 - 11 then let stores stock up but I'm happy they are thinking of people who are vunerable
One thing learnt from this is the world needs to rediscover its compassion and empathy for others
Unfortunately it will end up like the take a granny to B&Q on Wednesdays. People will find ways to abuse this.
Predikuesi16/03/2020 17:33

Unfortunately it will end up like the take a granny to B&Q on Wednesdays. …Unfortunately it will end up like the take a granny to B&Q on Wednesdays. People will find ways to abuse this.

Sadly thats human nature of some ppl but hopefully they put some measures so it can't be abused and that the ppl that really need products get them
Biddy216/03/2020 17:24

@Jason @Dan Why has this been moved to misc, but HUKDs allow RRP deals on …@Jason @Dan Why has this been moved to misc, but HUKDs allow RRP deals on hand wash which is fuelling the panic buying and giving scalpers the heads up? I sincerely hope the site is not using this pandemic to it’s advantage.

We're working very hard to help as many people as we can during this pandemic (in whichever small ways we think we can) and of course we might have to step outside of our own rules but none of that is with the intention to capitalise on the pandemic. Suggesting we might be trying to use it to our advantage I think is quite unfair.

As for this thread, it is great information but even the OP admitted it wasn't a deal.
Jason16/03/2020 17:54

We're working very hard to help as many people as we can during this …We're working very hard to help as many people as we can during this pandemic (in whichever small ways we think we can) and of course we might have to step outside of our own rules but none of that is with the intention to capitalise on the pandemic. Suggesting we might be trying to use it to our advantage I think is quite unfair. As for this thread, it is great information but even the OP admitted it wasn't a deal.

I didn’t suggest you were, I said I hope you weren’t.

RRP posts aren’t deals either. This is actually far more useful than a post for hand wash at Sainsburys where stock is non existent. Those posts fuel panic buying and scalpers. This only helps people. Maybe you should be putting this in deals and moving those hand wash posts to misc.

Oh and hi @Dan_82 . Doing the usual “site staff like site staff posts ” to increase their visibility over critical comments.

Or, another way of putting it. You are encouraging people to rush out to Sainsburys AGAINST recommndations laid out by the government based on the Sainsburys’ website claiming to have stock of something that is not guaranteed.

Great going.
Edited by: "Biddy2" 16th Mar
Should be everyday except Sundays
rimalpatel00716/03/2020 20:11

Should be everyday except Sundays

Sunday trading laws also need to be abolished.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants