Groups

id like to send some currency via post

So my parents have indian currencies around 32k rupees which includes 500 rupees notes and thousand rupees note and they are currently banned in india also there is a deadline to deposit in the bank if you don't then money will not be legal tender.
    We have Indian bank in here but they said no so my dads decided to post it to his friends house in order to deposit.

Can anyone tell me what is the best postal service to use and will it caught my customs? w4s.in/500…ed/

12 Comments

Why don't they just deposit the funds in their account in India?

can't you convert it to sterling in the UK, put it in your bank then do a bank transfer?

Original Poster

Funghi

Why don't they just deposit the funds in their account in India?

Because they got money in here and to deposit you will need to send it back to india.
    macca7172

can't you convert it to sterling in the UK, put it in your bank then do a … can't you convert it to sterling in the UK, put it in your bank then do a bank transfer?

No we tried to contact even to airport they don't do conversion

I think you might struggle as I'm sure your not supposed to take rupees out of the country. Do you not know anybody who is travelling their?

Can't you do it via Western Union or convert it? Go to Sainsbury's, M&S and most high st travel companies do it

prob best to travel back with it... cant see customs taxing you on a worthless currency >>????

Original Poster

zljhope

I think you might struggle as I'm sure your not supposed to take rupees … I think you might struggle as I'm sure your not supposed to take rupees out of the country. Do you not know anybody who is travelling their?

Even if somebody travels backs to india and theres a limit to take the money there. I think but I don't know none

Original Poster

batezy_1984

Can't you do it via Western Union or convert it? Go to Sainsbury's, M&S … Can't you do it via Western Union or convert it? Go to Sainsbury's, M&S and most high st travel companies do it

They will take £ (pounds) right not rupees?

Original Poster

wanderer

prob best to travel back with it... cant see customs taxing you on a … prob best to travel back with it... cant see customs taxing you on a worthless currency >>????

Ticket would cost the double of the monies
    32,000rs to GBP = £372.83

Ouch

Mihir95

Even if somebody travels backs to india and theres a limit to take the … Even if somebody travels backs to india and theres a limit to take the money there. I think but I don't know none

​limit is like around 6/7000 pounds it wouldn't make any difference. how reliable is postal services in India they probably nick the money halfway on route I recon even if u use someone like DHL. what's the deadline I'm sure.u must know someone whos travelling before then

for Nri I think it can be converted till March 2017 in RBI branch check their website
    thought it's not very big amount it's very strict in India Cisf,customs,enforcement directorate, IT department
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Argos 3 for 2 reserving early44
      2. DashCam Recommendation With Front And Rear Camera Built In22
      3. £1500 55 inch 4K TV56
      4. SCS add ons... are they worth it??48

See more discussions