Groups

Idea for TV show

Banned
    After some threads on education and class on here I've come up with the best idea for a TV show ever. A reality/fish out of water style one where you take a group of students from a failing secondary school in some deprived part of the UK and then a group of students from a top Public school and you swap them round for a term.

This would make fascinating viewing as well as a good social experiment. Would it affect the students positively or negatively? We should expect the poor kids to start performing better with the teaching quality and facilities of the public school and the opposite for the rich kids but would it turn out like that?

It may be possible they've already made a similar program, in which case I'd sure have liked to have seen it!

11 Comments

The posh ones would probably get a good hiding.....so yes it would be good to watch

Banned

i think there was a show where a rich kid went to live in a poor family n vice versa then the rich family ended up sponsoring the poor kid... can't remember the name think was on channel 4

well ladette to lady took chavvy girls and sent them to a posh finishing school-also dont think the posh kids would do a term at a deprived school due to ther own education possibly being affected.

sounds fun tho.

You'd also have the idea of demand characteristics - the people might act different to how they normally would, because they know theyre being watched..

bykergrove;7906936

i think there was a show where a rich kid went to live in a poor family n … i think there was a show where a rich kid went to live in a poor family n vice versa then the rich family ended up sponsoring the poor kid... can't remember the name think was on channel 4

^ this its been done

so just to let you know

im out

Original Poster Banned

numptyj;7907009

^ this its been doneso just to let you knowim out

Nah it's too different though would have been interesting to watch.

Banned

numptyj;7907009

^ this its been doneso just to let you knowim out

after levis24's thread... i was out at "idea"

Original Poster Banned

barky;7906959

well ladette to lady took chavvy girls and sent them to a posh finishing … well ladette to lady took chavvy girls and sent them to a posh finishing school-also dont think the posh kids would do a term at a deprived school due to ther own education possibly being affected. sounds fun tho.

They could look at the positive of it being a "life experience"?

How about a tv show where someone like Jeremy Kyle talks to posters who routinely flame, spam generally stalk one another on an internet shopping forum? Samples of some of the disgreements could be repeated on air and then the audience get to meet the posters and the posters get to meet one another.........

I remember a series which followed a lad from London who was going to a failing secondary school; they sent him to Downside in Somerset (boarding school) to see how he got on. I seem to remember he excelled both academically and at sports, however I think he was expelled eventually for drinking and falling back into the lifestyle he had at home in the holidays.

Original Poster Banned

gari189;7907265

How about a tv show where someone like Jeremy Kyle talks to posters who … How about a tv show where someone like Jeremy Kyle talks to posters who routinely flame, spam generally stalk one another on an internet shopping forum? Samples of some of the disgreements could be repeated on air and then the audience get to meet the posters and the posters get to meet one another.........

That's a great idea, I would definitely watch that. Imagine the BG1, JFK and other wannabes "unmasking"!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game74044540
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767378
      3. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1218
      4. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2467

See more discussions